Save data from a scanner

Is there anyway to save information straight from a scanner or a work around of some kind.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

• Moderators

Damein, you have to realize that is nowhere near enough information. What kind of scanner (barcode, flat bed scanner, Timewand scanner, etc. etc. etc.). How about what you have written thus far to access the scanner?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I haven't done much research but I'm referring to a regular old printer/scanner combo.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

• Moderators

Ok, that is marginally more helpful. What kind of "information" are you looking to obtain?

Do you want to create a GUI that the scanned item shows up in?

Do you just want to be able to control the TWAIN driver through a script to initate scanning?

Do you want to obtain the model and config of the scanner?

Help us help you, please ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Haha, yeah, I just wasn't sure where to start because I didn't find any info that AutoIT had a built in functionality for connecting with a scanner.

I want to have a document scanned in and it goes into a gui with input boxes. I can do the gui aspect of it, I just need some info on catching the scanned info.

Thanks for the help thus far

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made