DPI Resolution problem

mLipok

Go to solution Solved by UEZ,

In the display settings, in the advanced settings on the General tab is more or less the setting: 

The translation from GOOGLE: "If the resolution makes items are too small to achieve visual comfort, you can to offset this effect increase the resolution dpi. To change only the font size, click Cancel and go to the Appearance tab." 

EDIT: Here there is a possibility to choose:
Default size 96 dpi 
Big size 120 dpi 

When I Change this option to 120 dpi, this causes display problems with elements such as Button.
The problem is manifested by the fact that the text does not fit within the limits set by the size of the button. 
Of course, if you set 96 dpi, the text looks normal. 

Does anyone know a solution to this problem. 

I note that the solution like this: 
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL)

unfortunately does not help.

mLipok
Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

try to enable "DPI virtualization" - Windows will automatically resize your GUI elements to fit:

post-47848-0-31151100-1394218235_thumb.p

this is enabled system-wide. you may need to disable DPI Virtualization for specific applications. for example i found Safari to be better looking when disabled:

post-47848-0-04984200-1394218309_thumb.p

(P.S. this is valid for Windows Vista or later)

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

• Solution

You can set the control size depending on the DPI.

I use this GDI+ function to get the DPI size:

Func _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio($iDPIDef = 96)
    Local $hGfx = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, @extended, 0)
    Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)
    If @error Then Return SetError(2, @extended, 0)
    Local $iDPI = $aResult[2]
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGfx)
    Local $aResults[2] = [$iDPIDef / $iDPI, $iDPI / $iDPIDef]
    Return $aResults
EndFunc   ;==>_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio

According the information you can set the size of your control or the font size.

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• 7 months later...

@UEZ , I forgot to thank you.

Thanks a lot.

mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• 6 years later...
On 3/7/2014 at 9:35 PM, UEZ said:

I use this GDI+ function to get the DPI size:

Local $aResult = DllCall($ghGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)
    Return $aResults

Is this snippet works for you ?

Here is testing script which I use:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
Global $aDPI =_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()
ConsoleWrite(_ArrayToString($aDPI) & @CRLF)

Exit

_GDIPlus_Startup()
    Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)
    ConsoleWrite("! " & $iDPI & @CRLF )
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    Return $aResults

I always get:

1|1

Can anyone check if he has other results ?

Thank you in advance and best regards,
mLipok

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Exactly. 

Waiting for few more answer. 

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hhmmm, that's odd why it doesn't work anymore.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()
; enum _PROCESS_DPI_AWARENESS -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn280512(v=vs.85).aspx
Global Enum $DPI_AWARENESS_INVALID = -1, $PROCESS_DPI_UNAWARE = 0, $PROCESS_SYSTEM_DPI_AWARE, $PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE

;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/hidpi/dpi-awareness-context
Global Enum $Context_UnawareGdiScaled = -5, $Context_PerMonitorAwareV2, $Context_PerMonitorAware, $Context_SystemAware, $Context_Unaware

; enum _MONITOR_DPI_TYPE
Global Enum $MDT_EFFECTIVE_DPI = 0, $MDT_ANGULAR_DPI, $MDT_RAW_DPI
Global Const $MDT_DEFAULT = $MDT_EFFECTIVE_DPI

_WinAPI_SetDPIAwareness()
;_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE)
;_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext()

Global $aDPI =_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()
ConsoleWrite("_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio: " & _ArrayToString($aDPI) & @CRLF)
Global $hGUI_dummy = GUICreate("", 1, 1)
ConsoleWrite("_WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: " & _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow($hGUI_dummy) & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("_WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: " & _ArrayToString(_WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor())& @CRLF)

$hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
ConsoleWrite("_WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps: " & (_WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 88) + _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 90)) / 2 & @CRLF) ;$LOGPIXELSY = 88, $LOGPIXELSY = 90
_WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC)
_GDIPlus_Shutdown()
Exit

Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)
    Return $aResults

Func _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow($hWnd)
    Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "uint", "GetDpiForWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd) ;requires Win10 v1607+ / no server support
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, 0)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow

Func _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($dpiType = $MDT_DEFAULT, $iDPIDef = 96)
    Local $aMonitors = _WinAPI_EnumDisplayMonitors()
    Local $x, $y
    Local $aRet = DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "GetDpiForMonitor", "long", $aMonitors[1][0], "int", $dpiType, "uint*", $x, "uint*", $y)
    If @error Or Not IsArray($aRet) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $aDPI[2] = [$iDPIDef / $aRet[3], $aRet[3] / $iDPIDef]
    Return $aDPI
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor

Func _WinAPI_SetDPIAwareness($hGUI = 0)
    Switch @OSBuild
        Case 6000 To 9199
            DllCall("user32.dll", "bool", "SetProcessDPIAware")
        Case 9200 To 13999
            _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE)
        Case 14000 To 30000
            #cs
                Context_Unaware = ((DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT)(-1)),
                Context_SystemAware = ((DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT)(-2)),
                Context_PerMonitorAware = ((DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT)(-3)),
                Context_PerMonitorAwareV2 = ((DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT)(-4)),
                Context_UnawareGdiScaled = ((DPI_AWARENESS_CONTEXT)(-5))
            #ce
            _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext(-4, $hGUI)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetDPIAwareness

Func _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($DPIAware) ;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shellscalingapi/nf-shellscalingapi-setprocessdpiawareness
    DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "SetProcessDpiAwareness", "int", $DPIAware)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness

;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setprocessdpiawarenesscontext
Func _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext($DPIAwareContext = $Context_PerMonitorAware, $hGUI = 0, $iMode = 3) ;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setprocessdpiawarenesscontext
    $DPIAwareContext = ($DPIAwareContext < -5) ? -5 : ($DPIAwareContext > -1) ? -1 : $DPIAwareContext
    $iMode = ($iMode < 1) ? 1 : ($iMode > 3) ? 3 : $iMode
    Switch $iMode
        Case 1
            Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hGUI)
            Local $aResult1 = DllCall("user32.dll", "ptr", "GetDpiFromDpiAwarenessContext", "ptr", $hDC)
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult1) Then Return SetError(11, 0, 0)
            Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult1[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult) Then Return SetError(12, 0, 0)
        Case 2
;~          If Not $hGUI Then $hGUI = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle())
            Local $aResult2 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetWindowDpiAwarenessContext", "ptr", $hGUI)
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult2) Then Return SetError(21, 0, 0)
            Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult2[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult) Then Return SetError(22, 0, 0)
        Case 3
            Local $aResult31 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetThreadDpiAwarenessContext")
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult31) Then Return SetError(31, 0, 0)
            Local $aResult32 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetAwarenessFromDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult31[0])
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult32) Then Return SetError(32, 0, 0)
            Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetThreadDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult32[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
            If @error Or Not IsArray($aResult) Then Return SetError(33, 0, 0)
    EndSwitch

Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext

Obviously DPI awareness must be set but it doesn't work for the GDI+ function.

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Thanks @UEZ 

I will look on yours code toomorow.

Going to sleep. 

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

As I have 2 monitors, and because in my DevEnv  I use Au3Check  as a standard option, I had to change your code a little.

;~ https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/159612-dpi-resolution-problem/?do=findComment&comment=1490110
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir="z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5"

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()
; enum _PROCESS_DPI_AWARENESS -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn280512(v=vs.85).aspx
Global Enum $DPI_AWARENESS_INVALID = -1, $PROCESS_DPI_UNAWARE = 0, $PROCESS_SYSTEM_DPI_AWARE, $PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE

Global Enum $Context_UnawareGdiScaled = -5, $Context_PerMonitorAwareV2, $Context_PerMonitorAware, $Context_SystemAware, $Context_Unaware

; enum _MONITOR_DPI_TYPE

_Example()
Exit

Func _Example()
    If UBound($aMonitors) > 2 Then
    EndIf
;~  _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext()

Local $aDPI = _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio()
    ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio: " & _ArrayToString($aDPI) & @CRLF)
    Local $hGUI_dummy = GUICreate("", 1, 1)
    GUISetState()

Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC($hGUI_dummy)

For $IDX_Monitor = 1 To UBound($aMonitors) - 1
        If $IDX_Monitor > 1 Then MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Move GUI to monitor #" & $IDX_Monitor)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " $IDX_Monitor = " & $IDX_Monitor & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: " & _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow($hGUI_dummy) & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: " & _ArrayToString(_WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($MDT_DEFAULT, 96, $IDX_Monitor)) & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps: " & (_WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 88) + _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 90)) / 2 & @CRLF) ;$LOGPIXELSY = 88, $LOGPIXELSY = 90
    Next

_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Return $aResults

Local $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "uint", "GetDpiForWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd) ;requires Win10 v1607+ / no server support
    Return $aResult[0]

Func _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($dpiType = $MDT_DEFAULT, $iDPIDef = 96, $IDX_Monitor = 1)
    Local $x, $y

Local $aRet = DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "GetDpiForMonitor", "long", $aMonitors[$IDX_Monitor][0], "int", $dpiType, "uint*", $x, "uint*", $y)
    Return $aDPI

Switch @OSBuild
        Case 6000 To 9199
        Case 9200 To 13999
        Case 14000 To 30000
            #cs
            #ce
    EndSwitch

Func _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($DPIAware) ;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shellscalingapi/nf-shellscalingapi-setprocessdpiawareness
    Return 1

;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setprocessdpiawarenesscontext
Func _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext($DPIAwareContext = $Context_PerMonitorAware, $hGUI = 0, $iMode = 3) ;https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-setprocessdpiawarenesscontext
    $DPIAwareContext = ($DPIAwareContext < -5) ? -5 : ($DPIAwareContext > -1) ? -1 : $DPIAwareContext
    Local $aResult
    Switch $iMode
        Case 1
            Local $aResult1 = DllCall("user32.dll", "ptr", "GetDpiFromDpiAwarenessContext", "ptr", $hDC)
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult1[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
        Case 2
;~          If Not $hGUI Then $hGUI = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle())
            Local $aResult2 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetWindowDpiAwarenessContext", "ptr", $hGUI)
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult2[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
        Case 3
            Local $aResult32 = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "GetAwarenessFromDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult31[0])
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetThreadDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult32[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
    EndSwitch

Return 1

Your new code works, almost perfectly because I notice few problems.

When I run them with F5 in SciTE4Au3 then I get wrong results.
When I run them with Shift+F5 in SciTE4Au3 then I get proper results.

I checked and I figure out that I had to call _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE), hence my modifications.

Also I use:

but you used:

Local $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)

Does it matter in my test case (I mean with two monitors with different DPI settings) ?

When to use:

_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext()

?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, mLipok said:

When I run them with F5 in SciTE4Au3 then I get wrong results.
When I run them with Shift+F5 in SciTE4Au3 then I get proper results.

That's odd whereas I'm currently in home office and have only one monitor which works properly for latest version and beta version. Next week I can test in my office with 3 monitors.

Does it matter in my test case (I mean with two monitors with different DPI settings) ?

I don't think so that it makes any real difference.

When to use:

_WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext()

?

As the name states it set the awareness for the process only but MS recommend to use the manifest instead.

New version + more tests:

;~ https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/159612-dpi-resolution-problem/?do=findComment&comment=1490110
#AutoIt3Wrapper_AutoIt3Dir="z:\AutoItPortable\AutoIt_3_3_14_5"

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()

; enum _MONITOR_DPI_TYPE

_Example()
Exit

Func _Example()

ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio: " & _ArrayToString($aDPI) & @CRLF)
    GUISetState()

;~      _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext($Context_PerMonitorAware, $hGUI_dummy, 3)
    EndIf

For $IDX_Monitor = 1 To UBound($aMonitors) - 1
        If $IDX_Monitor > 1 Then MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Information #" & @ScriptLineNumber, "Move GUI to monitor #" & $IDX_Monitor)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " $IDX_Monitor = " & $IDX_Monitor & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: " & _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow($hGUI_dummy) & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: " & _ArrayToString(_WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($MDT_DEFAULT, 96, $IDX_Monitor)) & @CRLF)
        ConsoleWrite(@ScriptLineNumber & " _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps: " & (_WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 88) + _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps($hDC, 90)) / 2 & @CRLF) ;$LOGPIXELSY = 88, $LOGPIXELSY = 90
    Next

_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Return $aResults

Return $aResult[0]

Func _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor($dpiType = $MDT_DEFAULT, $iDPIDef = 96, $IDX_Monitor = 1)
    Local $x, $y

Local $aRet = DllCall("Shcore.dll", "long", "GetDpiForMonitor", "long", $aMonitors[$IDX_Monitor][0], "int", $dpiType, "uint*", $x, "uint*", $y)
    Return $aDPI

Switch @OSBuild
        Case 6000 To 9199
        Case 9200 To 13999
        Case 14000 To 30000
            #cs
            #ce
    EndSwitch

Return 1

Local $aResult
    Switch $iMode
        Case 1
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult1[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
        Case 2
;~          If Not $hGUI Then $hGUI = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle())
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult2[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
        Case 3
            $aResult = DllCall("user32.dll", "Bool", "SetThreadDpiAwarenessContext", "int", $aResult32[0] + $DPIAwareContext)
    EndSwitch

Return 1

REMARK: I have 2 monitors: first DPI 125% second DPI 100%

TEST _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness() + F5:

;~      _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext($Context_PerMonitorAware, $hGUI_dummy, 3)
    EndIf

26 _GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio: 1|1
40 $IDX_Monitor = 1
41 _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: 120
42 _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: 0.8|1.25
43 _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps: 120
40 $IDX_Monitor = 2
42 _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: 1|1

TEST _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness() + SHIFT+F5:

40 $IDX_Monitor = 1
42 _WinAPI_GetDpiForMonitor: 0.8|1.25
40 $IDX_Monitor = 2

TEST _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext() + F5:

;~      _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwareness($PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE)
        _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext($Context_PerMonitorAware, $hGUI_dummy, 3)
    EndIf

40 $IDX_Monitor = 1
41 _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: 96
43 _WinAPI_GetDeviceCaps: 96
40 $IDX_Monitor = 2
41 _WinAPI_GetDpiForWindow: 96

TEST _WinAPI_SetProcessDpiAwarenessContext() + SHIFT+F5:

40 $IDX_Monitor = 1
40 $IDX_Monitor = 2

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

as so far I used:

GUISetState()

Should I change the order and use $hGUI_dummy in parameters for _WinAPI_SetDPIAwareness($hGUI_dummy)

GUISetState()
    _WinAPI_SetDPIAwareness($hGUI_dummy)

?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 3:38 PM, UEZ said:

Hhmmm, that's odd why it doesn't work anymore.

Obviously DPI awareness must be set but it doesn't work for the GDI+ function.

WELL HECK

image.png.ed0b8e0e2b24a11315e27e1e0b935422.png

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio() works correctly only if you compile it with #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=Y. Obviously, the manifest must be present in the executable.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_HiDpi=Y
_ArrayDisplay(_GDIPlus_GraphicsGetDPIRatio())

Local $aResults[2] = [0, 0]
  _GDIPlus_Startup()
  If @error Then Return SetError(1, @extended, $aResults)
  #forcedef $__g_hGDIPDll, $ghGDIPDll
  $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "int", "GdipGetDpiX", "handle", $hGfx, "float*", 0)
  If @error Then Return SetError(2, @extended, $aResults)
  Local $aresults[2] = [$iDPIDef / $iDPI, $iDPI / $iDPIDef]
  _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
  Return $aresults

This way I get the correct array values which are not 1, 1!