"edit script"-> textpad

Guest kbau

When I right click on a .au3 file, one option is "edit script". Currently this opens the file in notepad. I would like it to open in textpad instead. If anyone can offer a suggestion for how to do this, I would be very appreciative. My apologies in advance if this is in the help document already.

kbau

When I right click on a .au3 file, one option is "edit script". Currently this opens the file in notepad. I would like it to open in textpad instead. If anyone can offer a suggestion for how to do this, I would be very appreciative. My apologies in advance if this is in the help document already.

kbau

It is not in the help file. Open your Windows Explorer and go to Tools -> Folder Options.... Click on the File Types tab and then find the extension you are after (.au3 in this case) and then change the associated program for opening, editing, etc. In some programs, you can make the change within the program (EditPad comes to mind) but this is probably the best way to do it if you do not know if the program has that functionality.

It is not in the help file. Open your Windows Explorer and go to Tools -> Folder Options.... Click on the File Types tab and then find the extension you are after (.au3 in this case) and then change the associated program for opening, editing, etc. In some programs, you can make the change within the program (EditPad comes to mind) but this is probably the best way to do it if you do not know if the program has that functionality.

Thanks! Out of curiosity, is it possible to change only the editing behavior, and not the executing behavior? I didn't see any kind of "advanced" tab or something like that. I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks! Out of curiosity, is it possible to change only the editing behavior, and not the executing behavior? I didn't see any kind of "advanced" tab or something like that. I'm running Windows XP.

WinXP>WindowsExplorer>Tools>FolderOptions>FileTypes>Advanced Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

WinXP>WindowsExplorer>Tools>FolderOptions>FileTypes>Advanced

Thanks. I had something weird set so instead of "Advanced" the button was labelled "Restore". Once I hit the "Restore", the "Advanced" button appeared and I was able to do what I wanted.