Script Running Twice

Hello,

I've used AutoIt several years ago, and I want to use it again today for a new project. So I have installed the latest version on my Windows 7 machine.

I have started to write a few simple scripts, build exe files and execute them. But each time I double-click the .exe file runs twice !

For example the "msgbox.au3" example provided with the installation files will display the text box a first time, then I click "Ok", and the text box shows up again.

Here is the script :

#include <Constants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "AutoIt Example", "This is line 1" & @CRLF & "This is line 2" & @CRLF & "This is line 3")

What is wrong ???

Edited by Codyssey

The script is : "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Examples\msgbox.au3" provided with AutoIt installation. It only contains the two lines I have written above, plus some comments :

#include <Constants.au3>

;
; AutoIt Version: 3.0
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         Jonathan Bennett (jon at autoitscript dot com)
;
; Script Function:
;   Demo of using multiple lines in a message box
;

; Use the @CRLF macro to create a newline in a MsgBox - it is similar to the n in v2.64
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "AutoIt Example", "This is line 1" & @CRLF & "This is line 2" & @CRLF & "This is line 3")

However, the problem occurs with any script I have tried so far, so I think that the problem is related to AutoIt and/or my PC configuration. If I run the .au3 file (instead of the .exe file) from the AutoIt editor, it runs once.

I had already copied the au3 file in a sub-folder of my docs folder.

I have just tested AutoIt on another PC, and it did'nt have this problem. The most obvious difference between the two PC is the antivirius. So I tried to deactivate the antivirus (Avast) and ... it worked !!!

Now I have to figure out why Avast Antivirus causes exe files created with Autoit to run twice...

Edited by Codyssey