User CallTips Manager gives error

• Moderators

DickG,

What version of SciTE4AutoIt3 are you running? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

DickG,

There was a bug a while a go - try this version of SciTEConfig from v3.3.9:

Although I recommend that you update the whole editor package. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

I replaced the previous SciTEConfig.exe with the version you provided. But it still says v3.3.7 and I still get that error.

If I click Parse, it says "Please select another UDF." Clicking View creates the error.

I also downloaded the entire SciTE v3.3.9, but that file doesn't install anything. It's just a bunch of files. Many of those

files aren't even on my system. Where do I put those files?

DickG,

There was a bug a while a go - try this version of SciTEConfig from v3.3.9:
attachicon.gifSciteConfig.zip

Although I recommend that you update the whole editor package. ;)

M23

• Moderators

DickG,

Of course it will still say "3.3.7" as that is the version of the main SciTE4AutoIt3 release - what I gave you was just a newer version of SciTEConfig. ;)

From your comments I take it that you downloaded the zip version of the SciTE4AutoIt3 package - is there some reason you did not download the installer which does all the work for you? :huh:

Anyway to return to the initial problem. Please run through an exact sequence of actions which produces the error - including the paths and filenames of the UDFs you are trying to add. I was checking and there was a bug which produced this error in very specific circumstances which I fixed - you seem to have found another dusty corner of the envelope where something like it reappears. I need to know precisely what you are doing to generate the error so that I can see how to deal with it. And can you confirm that you have the file "C:UsersYour_User_Nameau3.user.calltips.api" present on your system? :)

M23

Spoiler

I downloaded the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer and installed SciTE v3.3.7.

Then I tried to use the CallTips Manager, but ran into the problem. That's when I posted this message.

Then I copied the SciTEConfig.exe file you provided over the existing SciTEConfig.exe and tried it again.

But I got the same error.

Yes, I have the au3.user.calltips.api file in my C:Documents and Settings folder. I do get call tips in my scripts.

The path of my UDF folder is: D:Documents and SettingsMy ProgramsUDF. That path is specified in the SciTEConfig path as well.

When I have SciTE open, I click Tools > SciTE Config > Other tab, then click Run User CallTips Manager.

See User CallTips Manager -on open screenshot (attached).

I then select the path from the dropdown list, then select a UDF, then click DirectMod.

See User CallTips Manager -file selected screenshot (attached).

I then click View. That's when I get the error that refers to line 3651 in SciTEConfig.exe.

If I click Parse, I get the "Please select another UDF" message.

When you suggested I try SciTE v3.3.9, I was only able to find a Zip file that contained a bunch of files, including SciTE.exe (v3.3.9). But it wasn't an installer. So I copied the SciTE.exe file over the existing SciTE.exe (v3.3.7).

I was not able to find an installer for SciTE4AutoIt3 v3.3.9.

I have a bunch of files in there. Do you want a complete list of those files?

I hope this is what you are asking for.

DickG,

Of course it will still say "3.3.7" as that is the version of the main SciTE4AutoIt3 release - what I gave you was just a newer version of SciTEConfig. ;)

From your comments I take it that you downloaded the zip version of the SciTE4AutoIt3 package - is there some reason you did not download the installer which does all the work for you? :huh:

Anyway to return to the initial problem. Please run through an exact sequence of actions which produces the error - including the paths and filenames of the UDFs you are trying to add. I was checking and there was a bug which produced this error in very specific circumstances which I fixed - you seem to have found another dusty corner of the envelope where something like it reappears. I need to know precisely what you are doing to generate the error so that I can see how to deal with it. And can you confirm that you have the file "C:UsersYour_User_Nameau3.user.calltips.api" present on your system? :)

M23

post-27031-0-31828700-1394985528_thumb.j

post-27031-0-62767900-1394986304_thumb.j

• Moderators

DickG,

Can you please post a copy of the _Ini.au3 UDF so I can test with it. :)

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

DickG,

I can see why the manager does not recognize the functions in that UDF - the Func definition lines do not start at the left margin. That should be an easy fix. :)

But I do not get the error when selecting "View Tips". But I am intrigued by the fact that you say:

I have the au3.user.calltips.api file in my C:Documents and Settings folder. I do get call tips in my scripts.

as it should be in your user profile root as I asked earlier:

And can you confirm that you have the file "C:UsersYour_User_Nameau3.user.calltips.api" present on your system?

Can you let me have a copy of the file? :huh:

Once I get the parsing bug fixed, I will add some error-checking code and let you have a new version of SciTEConfig for testing - if you would be kind enough to help. :)

M23

Spoiler

DickG

I check your _INI.au3 using tidy

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy\tidy.exe" "C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"
Tidy AutoIt3 v2.4.0.0   Copyright (c) Jos van der Zande  November 14, 2013
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(58) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(124) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(193) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(305) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(394) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(442) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(484) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(688) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(844) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(973) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1087) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1158) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1163) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1261) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1264) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1369) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1485) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1488) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1561) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1604) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1605) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Users\user\Downloads\BackUp\_INI (1)_old2.au3"
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.346

Do not use colon character just after #Region directive

change this:

#Region:

to this:

#Region

and try again check with Tidy

Then you see:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\tidy\tidy.exe" "C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1605) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Users\user\Downloads\BackUp\_INI (1)_old3.au3"
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.32

in line 1605 you have one uneeded #EndRegion directive.

Cheers

mLipok

Edit: typo

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

OK. Standing by ...

I'm not sure what you mean by "C:UsersYour_User_Name". I don't have such a folder. I only have what Win XP installed, which is

"C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator..." Is that the folder you refer to? That's where I found the "au3.user.calltips.api" file. That's

also where SciTEUser.properties is located.

DickG,

I can see why the manager does not recognize the functions in that UDF - the Func definition lines do not start at the left margin. That should be an easy fix. :)

But I do not get the error when selecting "View Tips". But I am intrigued by the fact that you say:
as it should be in your user profile root as I asked earlier:
Can you let me have a copy of the file? :huh:

Once I get the parsing bug fixed, I will add some error-checking code and let you have a new version of SciTEConfig for testing - if you would be kind enough to help. :)

M23

• Moderators

DickG,

I forgot you were an XP user. I will get onto the "error-checking" SciTEConfig now. ;)

M23

Spoiler

OK, I deleted the colon after Region. But I still get the error on View Tips.

I did find the extra EndRegion after I sent you the copy. I deleted that.

All of my scripts use "Region: <Func name>". Maybe that's causing the error in SciTEConfig?

DickG

I check your _INI.au3 using tidy

"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(58) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(124) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(193) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(305) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(394) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(442) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(484) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(688) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(844) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(973) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1087) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1158) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1163) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1261) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1264) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1369) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1485) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1488) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1561) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
"C:\Users\user\Downloads\_INI (1).au3"(1604) : ### Tidy Warning -> #EndRegion statements without #Region.
+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Users\user\Downloads\BackUp\_INI (1)_old2.au3"
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.346

Do not use colon character just after #Region directive

change this:

#Region:

to this:

#Region

and try again check with Tidy

Then you see:

+> Tidy AutoIt3 finished. Original copied to:"C:\Users\user\Downloads\BackUp\_INI (1)_old3.au3"
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.32

in line 1605 you have one uneeded #EndRegion directive.

Cheers

mLipok

Edit: typo

• Moderators

DickG,

I explained the reason why your UDF woudl not parse - it had spaces in front of the Func. I have added code to strip any leading white space and your UDF as posted now parses when I test. :)

Can you please run this modified version of the CallTip Manager from SciTE and let me know what you get in the SciTE console?

You should see something like this:

CallTipPath: ...\au3.user.calltips.api
APIPath: ...\Scite\api\au3.api
UserCallTip Number: 149
SciTECallTip Number: 3643

That should give me a clue as to what is going on. :)

M23

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

It seems to be missing SciTE_Reload_Props.au3.

Also, StringSize.au3 is in my UDF folder as _StringSize.au3, so I changed the path to point there.

Can you attach SciTE_Reload_Props.au3? Could not find it on the Forum.

DickG,

I explained the reason why your UDF woudl not parse - it had spaces in front of the Func. I have added code to strip any leading white space and your UDF as posted now parses when I test. :)

Can you please run this modified version of the CallTip Manager from SciTE and let me know what you get in the SciTE console?
attachicon.gifUCTMan_DickG.au3
You should see something like this:

CallTipPath: ...\au3.user.calltips.api
APIPath: ...\Scite\api\au3.api
UserCallTip Number: 149
SciTECallTip Number: 3643
That should give me a clue as to what is going on. :)

M23

• Moderators

DickG,

Sorry, it should be in your SciTEConfig folder - but here it is:

M23

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

OK, I found it there. I changed the path in the Include list.

Now it works!

I get this in the console:

CallTipPath: C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator.P2800au3.user.calltips.api
APIPath: C:Program FilesAutoIt3Sciteapiau3.api
UserCallTip Number: 64
SciTECallTip Number: 3735

I had to change the width in "GUICtrlCreateLabel("Include Folder", 10, 20, 150, 20)" from 80 to to 150 to prevent

the text from being truncated. Other than that, it now works! Should I just compile and replace SciTE.exe

with that?

DickG,

Sorry, it should be in your SciTEConfig folder - but here it is:
attachicon.gifScite_Reload_Props.au3

M23