MyBB Login

Hi there again!,

I've been watching >this thread, 

Now simply to say, I need the same thing.

He didn't explain well what he needed so let me try it, Without giving the idea of making a phishing application.

The forum I work on host a mod for a game,

I got my project to activate the mod only if you run the game trough my launcher.

But I also want only people registered on my forum to be able to use the play function,

Thus I need to let my users login on opening my application.

Someone told me to use http.request, but that goes too deep for me.

How can I let my users login to my (mybb) forum, with the ability to save their credentials (locally) to login automatically

If this post gets accepted as valid (non-phishing) then I can explain more on the post method MyBB uses :)

Thank you in advance!

• Moderators

Skorm92,

How can I let my users login to my (mybb) forum, with the ability to save their credentials (locally) to login automatically

How does this differ from the previous case where the idea is to store login details locally - something which we are not prepared to support as previously explained? :huh:

The forum I work on host a mod for a game, I got my project to activate the mod only if you run the game trough my launcher.

But I also want only people registered on my forum to be able to use the play function, Thus I need to let my users login on opening my application

That sounds very close to breaking the "game launcher / game-bot" prohibition - does it? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Skorm92,

How does this differ from the previous case where the idea is to store login details locally - something which we are not prepared to support as previously explained? :huh:

That sounds very close to breaking the "game launcher / game-bot" prohibition - does it? :huh:

-1. I already have a launcher with login system, It only requires a invisble iexplorer window to log in, And after pressing login the site redirects automatically to a page where the script checks the HTML code if <auth>authorized</auth> is present. (which is only there when a user is logged in)  

So I'm not looking for a way how to insert username/password credentials. I'm only looking for a way to do it different to speed up the process. (without the usage of iexplorer or checking the HTML code)

-2. I'm not asking any help related to the game launcher itself, I only ask help for a specific script/help that happens to be in a game launcher.

I can get why you guys are safe around people wanting scripts where userdetails are asked, But I don't need help on the system how to insert/obtain it (I already have it),

I merely seek help on how to Post a form and validate it without the use of invisble iexplorer frames/objects.

Edited by Skorm92