Kill CTRL+ALT+DEL in XP/2K With AutoIt!

Marcus

Hello Folks!

This script will remap CAD to empty space; and is effective down to the lowest levels. Complete and total removal of functionality from before logon to exit.

Probably useful for some terminal securement strategies...

Just wanted to give something back to the community for the help which I've gotten over time.

WARNING: THIS IS TESTED AND WORKS ON XP SP2. USE THIS SCRIPT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

;ensure a proper remap of XP's CTRL+ALT+DEL to oblivion...

SplashTextOn("", "" & @LF & "-- WARNING --", @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, -1, -1, 1, "", 36)
If MsgBox(262193, "DANGER!", "Are you sure that you want to completely disable CTRL+ALT+DEL on your system?" & @LF & "(Cancel to exit and reverse any previous changes)") = 2 Then
    RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout", "Scancode Map")
    RestartMe()
    Exit
EndIf
RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout", "Scancode Map", "REG_BINARY", "00000000000000000600000000001d0000001de000003800000038e0000053e000000000")
RestartMe()

Func RestartMe()
If MsgBox(262193, "Restart Required . . .", "Restart now?") = 2 Then
    Exit
EndIf
Shutdown(6)
EndFunc

Complete lockdown is nothing more than a couple of simple reg tweaks and a reboot away...

This script's reg content is from a freeware Scancode Mapper: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Grab it and map with AutoIt until your heart's content ;)

Pass it on!!!

BTW -- don't run this script code if you don't want your reg messed with -- USER BEWARE

Prosit!

P.S.: I'm putting these following instructions in for those of us who might have misunderstood how to use the above (compiled) script:

Here goes.

Run the script (if you're so inclined).

Click "OK" in the first message that comes up.

The registry is now set to prohibit CTRL, ALT, and DEL keystrokes from doing anything.

Click "OK" on the next mesaage to restart the computer. This is necessary to get the system to recognize and put the above changes into effect.

After the computer restarts, the three finger salute will not work anymore.

Good enough, so far.

To restore, run the script again.

Read the message "(Cancel to exit and reverse any previous changes)", and, PRESS CANCEL TO EXIT AND REVERSE ANY PREVIOUS CHANGES.

As the next message box informs, "Restart Required" -- A RESTART IS REQUIRED -- PRESS "OK" TO RESTART THE COMPUTER.

After the computer restarts, the three finger salute will be back to normal.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SCRIPT IF YOU DON'T FULLY UNDERSTAND THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS . . .

Edited by Marcus

[center][font="Courier"][quote]Which end do you put the cheesecake in?[/quote][/font][/center]

(whatever happened to the silly "code" insertion tags???)

Marcus- Even though the button for code tags is gone the "silly code tags" are still in your keyboard:
"code" and "/code" with square brackets around them.
;)

BTW, your script is very interesting...

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

How do I put it back to normal?!? I tried it on my system without changing the code and clicked cancel all the times but just checked the code and it did it anyway :@ Man tell me how to reset that shit ;)

Edited by Gaboury

Thanks for the profanity, pal.

Simply drill down in your registry to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

...and delete the key "Scancode Map" and its value.

Refresh the registry. Restart your system.

If that doesn't work, download the utility: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/, and have it reset the changes for you.

"No good deed ever goes unpunished..."

[center][font="Courier"][quote]Which end do you put the cheesecake in?[/quote][/font][/center]

Well sorry...but I thought it wouldn't change that if I clicked Cancel... ^^

Why you post it here like that and people will get f***ed up by that and some people won't think about asking and they'll be stuck with that :/

Thanks anwyay for the quick response ;)

BTW -- don't run this script code if you don't want your reg messed with -- USER BEWARE

This text must have been blocked during transmission...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Yeah...but if you say cancel isn't it supposed not to mess it up?!? That's what was gay ^^

It does look that way, but that's like putting a first aid box next to the alligator cage. If you believe the bite will be small, you're all set...

Edited to include more warnings and step-by-step instructions.

Mercy! Ijust wanted to bring something really useful and unusual to the AutoIt community...

I knew that we were working with sharp objects here, but I never banked on this.

Sorry for my language. SOmeone sent me a nice Private Message and made me understand that my language wasn't very nice :/. Here's my answer.

I'm sorry :/

Never thought it would offend anyone... :$ I'm used to speak worst than that in English because I usually speak French so for me it doesn't really mean anything and I don't realize that it really means something to you guys :/.

Sorry again :/

Sincerely,

Gaboury.

PRE XP was alot easyer by just setting SPI_SCREENSAVER* settings ;)

but nice find, to bad about the restart,

could it be possible to make it hapen without restart ?

(like some kind of refreshing dllcall ?)

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

I wrote some code that disables the CTRL+ALT+DEL security dialog buttons in 2K/XP that takes effect instantly.

; Define Variables and Functions
$WinSecBn_Hide = 1
$WinSecBn_Show = 0
Func OnAutoItExit()
 SetWinSecBnState($WinSecBn_Show)
EndFunc
Func SetWinSecBnState($State)
 $Reg = "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\"
 SetWinSecBnReg($Reg & "Explorer", "NoClose", $State)
 SetWinSecBnReg($Reg & "Explorer", "NoLogOff", $State)
 $Reg = $Reg & "System"
 SetWinSecBnReg($Reg, "DisableChangePassword", $State)
 SetWinSecBnReg($Reg, "DisableLockWorkstation", $State)
 SetWinSecBnReg($Reg, "DisableTaskMgr", $State)
EndFunc
Func SetWinSecBnReg($Key, $ValName, $State)
 If $State = $WinSecBn_Hide Then
  RegWrite($Key, $ValName, "REG_DWORD", $State)
 ElseIf $State = $WinSecBn_Show Then
  RegDelete($Key, $ValName)
 EndIf
EndFunc

; Hide Buttons
SetWinSecBnState($WinSecBn_Hide)

; Show Buttons
SetWinSecBnState($WinSecBn_Show)

The above code effectivly kills CTRL+ALT+DEL for use as the buttons on the dialog that pops up will be disabled though the dialog will still come up when pressed.

Private Const SPI_SETSCREENSAVERRUNNING = 97
Private Declare Function SystemParametersInfo Lib "user32" Alias _
    "SystemParametersInfoA" (ByVal uAction As Long, ByVal uParam As Long, _
    ByRef lpvParam As Any, ByVal fuWinIni As Long) As Long

' kill it
SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETSCREENSAVERRUNNING, True, ByVal 0&, 0

' enable it
SystemParametersInfo SPI_SETSCREENSAVERRUNNING, False, ByVal 0&, 0

some vb code i had laying around. (win 9x only)

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll