Script Progress/Line by line follower...

sfunk1x

Is there a tool out there that will watch or show what line is executing on the script while it is running? This would REALLY help with debug of a script I'm trying to fix at the moment...

Trying to close one while and then activate another to finish an app installation, and the script just ends. It compiles fine and Scite gives me no errors, so I'mnot sure what the deal is and some form of progress script/application would be awesome!

Thanks for putting up with me today! ;)

Is there a tool out there that will watch or show what line is executing on the script while it is running?

You can add msgbox or tooltip statements throughout your code, or if you are using Scite, you can choose: Tools>Trace:AddTraceLines...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Is there a tool out there that will watch or show what line is executing on the script while it is running? This would REALLY help with debug of a script I'm trying to fix at the moment...

Trying to close one while and then activate another to finish an app installation, and the script just ends. It compiles fine and Scite gives me no errors, so I'mnot sure what the deal is and some form of progress script/application would be awesome!

Thanks for putting up with me today! ;)

there are multiple ways to do this, if it's a loop and you want to show a counter or something, i'd recommend using ToolTip() to display the output, or if you just want to see what line it's at at any given point, add this to the top of your code Opt("TrayIconDebug",1) and you'll be able to see a tooltip of the currently executing statement when you hover your mouse over the autoit icon in the systray