How to hide the taskbar icon for your AutoIt script?

You could use the extended GUI style of $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You could use the extended GUI style of $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW.

It doesn't work with my GUI.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WINAPI.au3>
#include <sendmessage.au3>
#include <guiconstantsex.au3>
#include "GUIScrollbars_Ex.au3"

;Global Const $LWA_ALPHA = 0x2
;Global Const $LWA_COLORKEY = 0x1

HotKeySet("ESC", "_Exit")

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 230, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF)

$iMemo = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Click on the text to drag this transparent GUI" & @CRLF & "Press ESC to exit", 10, 10, 200, 500)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x000000)
GUICtrlSetFont($iMemo, 9, 400, 0, "Franklin Gothic Medium")

_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUI, 0xABCDEF, 250)

GUISetState()

_GUIScrollbars_Generate($hGUI, 0, 300)

While 1

Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN
            _SendMessage($hGUI, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, 0xF012, 0)
    EndSwitch

WEnd

Func _Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

Yes it does.

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 230, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

The least you could have done is try it before saying it doesn't work. 

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Yes it does.

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 230, 100, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW))

The least you could have done is try it before saying it doesn't work. 

Ohhhh. I did try it, but I was using $WS_EX_LAYERED & $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW for some reason.

Thanks a bunch! Coding runs into so many unexpected problems for newbies like me.