dllhost.exe
SciTE.exe
iexplore.exe
iexplore.exe
FlashUtil32_12_0_0_77_ActiveX.exe
AutoIt3Wrapper.exe
AutoIt3.exe
AutoIt3Wrapper.exe

They close fine when my script is not running as admin. However when i run it as admin the computer will crush.
Does anyone knows which proccess shouldn't be closed so the computer doesn't crushes?

Edit: hmmm the proccess i don't close during this is Scite and AutoIt3. Could't it be AutoIt3Wrapper.exe?

Edited by AutID

I'd say don't close almost any of those, such as svchost, winlogin, dllhost, lsass, most of these are necessary programs. Don't force close anything you don't know is safe to close, otherwise bad things happen with Windows as you've found out.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

most of those you cant force closed, even from an elevated command prompt.  msgbox the element of the array prior to running the processclose and tell us which one exactly you have access to kill and crashes.  And when you say crashes, like BSOD, or just explorer throwing warnings before closing?

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

The computer crashes and then it gets in a "mode" to avoid damage etc...

I know that smss.exe crashes the computer for sure. There is a workarround to find out which exactly would crash the computer but it would requier arround 20 crashes which i would like to avoid :D
I know almost nothing about machines. Maybe someone who knows could tell me which of these would be good to be avoided.
I hope what BrewManNH said are in the list.

Anyway i just asked out of curiousity.

Cheers

The first question to ask is why you're attempting to force close these programs in the first place, and then you have to figure out if what you're doing is the way to do it. I'd cast my vote to no, you're doing something you shouldn't be doing or doing it in a way that you most definitely shouldn't be.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

run("cmd /k taskkill /IM smss.exe /F")

taskkill does not have the ability to kill critical processes, even when elevated.  So if it is killed, and your box crashes, you have malware, imho.

if not, loop through the array with that command instead of processclose

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Moderators

I would agree with BrewManNH, based on the processes you listed you're just begging for a crash. If you don't know what they are, why are you trying to kill them? Maybe try Google before you decide to forcibly kill them ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Ok. I am not trying to close them forcibly. I am just asking. I have a project and thought about killing useless process because it is based on memory and it takes high computer usage.
That's why i thought about closing all useless processes which would rise the cpu usage for no reason.
I will try google and what bothose proposed.

Cheers