The Phoenix Labyrinth (In progress)

Damein

So I've been working on a board game style game for the PC recently and I'm getting close, just felt like sharing my progress.

If this isn't the correct place for this, please advise. Thanks!

It's a basic "hack-n-slash" kind of game with some strategy and stuff in place.

Basics:

You choose between a Barbarian, Assassin, Paladin or Elf as your character.

Your health/attack (damage) is based off of this, among other small things that come into play.

You move through out the board, each roll of the die you move x amount of spaces, and then a second number is randomized, with a 1/4 chance of you running into a monster. A battle ensues if you do, of course. Screen shots below depict the battle system. If you lose the battle, you must make camp and lose your next turn, but you gain full health after that. Along the way are Tavern's that you can rest at for the night and make camp, but you lose your next turn just like if you lose a battle. You must land directly on said Tavern's to be able to stay at them though, so you have to make strategic plans on how much health you have and when you want to make camp or risk losing a battle.

Item system includes Potions, Plants, Herbs (Each providing varying amounts of health). Elixir which restores your health fully. Strength & HP Up's which raises your max Strength and HP.

Now at the end of the board are two locations, a bottom right path and a bottom left. To win the game you must defeat the monster in the bottom right, but it will require a few run through's of the board to be able to win the battle. Which leads me to the left hand side. This monster is weaker, and you gain a good amount of exp/items from winning the battle. If you lose or win you are sent back to start, with full health. No loss of turn will occur if you lost the battle.

So yeah, here are some screen shots and hopefully I can have the time to finish this up in the upcoming month!

Main Board
2wgc5ls.jpg

Store
mcgc2c.jpg

Player Info/Player Inventory
wrnhj7.jpg

Battle System
nz3x2x.jpg

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

So I've been working on a board game style game for the PC recently and I'm getting close, just felt like sharing my progress.

If this isn't the correct place for this, please advise. Thanks!
So yeah, here are some screen shots and hopefully I can have the time to finish this up in the upcoming month!

IMO:

If you plan to share your code so this "Example script" is a good place.

If not then "Chat" will be better.

btw.

it looks really awesome

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Ah, you're right, I never used the chat section so I didn't think about it, lol. Thanks!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

• Moderators

Actually, that is incorrect. This forum is dedicated to showing Examples of one's work, whether the developer chooses to share the source or not. In fact, several people have been reprimanded in threads in this forum for demanding the developer share the source, when they were simply demonstrating an example of their work.

@OP, It is obvious you have put a lot of work into this, and should be commended. The choice to share your source is yours alone.

Edit: See here for some explanation

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

JLogan3o13

Thanks for clarification.

I forgot about what you have provided a link, and until this moment I thought "Example scripts" is a script in the sense of the source version.

Sorry for confusion.

Regards

mLipok

EDIT:

One caveat:
My statement makes sense only if we're talking about a game is created in AutoIt.

If the game is created in a different programming language then definitely "Chat"

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Well thanks for the clarification and recognition. I will be sharing the source, that's not a worry of mine. I just wanted to show the progress thus far?

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Alright guys, I have a beta version up and running and I would like some people to try it out!

Please note that this must be played on a resolution of 1280 x 960 or greater!
If not, you will not be able to see the entire board.
The final product will allow you to play on smaller resolutions, but not this beta version.

Also, there is not option to battle the minion of the boss or the final boss at the moment. When you reach the end you can only battle the minion, and he is a little strong so I don't know how long you will have to level up to be able to defeat him at the moment. I have a rough idea of how long I wanted the game but I haven't done full testing you. But I plan on it being a lengthy thing.

So here ya go, start up the game and select a char. Press Space to roll the dice. Do not mash space as it will constantly roll the die and make the game glitchy. This will be fixed in a later version, just not worried about it atm.

FYI, I wrote almost 3,000 lines of code in like.. 3 hours, so there may be a bug or two, but I did a few test run through's without issue.

Thanks and let me know what you think!

Download the Game Info web page from here, the one in the .rar is out dated.

To anyone who downloads and looks at the code.. I know its rough at the moment. I will be cleaning it up in a later version.

Thanks!

And FYI, the yellow spots will be random events that I will be adding in in a later version!
Edited by Damein

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made