@ScriptDir help

Go to solution Solved by trashy,

I'm trying to replace file path with @ScriptDir with no luck.

Replace

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c C:dism8Dism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:""" & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

With

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c @ScriptDir, Dism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:""" & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

What am I doing wrong?

Use >>>>>>>>>>>>"@WorkingDir" if you want to pick another file path instead script from active path.......if you want to pick up script then use "@ScriptFullPath"(Equivalent to @ScriptDir & "" & @ScriptName).

@WorkingDir ;For Current/active working directory. Only includes a trailing backslash when the script is located in the root of a drive.
Edited by Starstar

Life is like a coin. You can spend it Anyway as you wish and for your kind information. "you can spend it only once."

Trashy,

It looks to me like you need to replace "C:dism8Dism.exe" with @scriptdir & "Dism.exe" - not @scriptdir, dism.exe. The comma is the problem. You need to make @scriptdir a variable not part of the text.. Clear? Adam put :

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @ScriptDir & '\Dism.exe" /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"' & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

and you put:

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c @WorkingDir, Dism.exe" /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"' & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Or did you put

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /c @WorkingDir, Dism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"' & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Hope that helps. Commas and speakmarks are so tricky!!:(

Blessings

Graeme

Edited by Graeme

• Moderators

@Graeme, If you read up, you will find that this was suggested in post #4, and the OP stated it is not working.

@OP, have you tried just unhiding the window, to ensure it is printing out the way you expect?

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & @ScriptDir & '\Dism.exe" /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"' & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1), "", @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Tried without trying to catch the output

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & ' /k "' & @WorkingDir & '\Dism.exe" /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:"' & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1))

It's not even calling dism

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect

I've tried every variation I could think of, as a variable and as a cmd and double quotes.

Use EnvGet and basically specifying the full file path is the only thing that works.

$aRun = Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & EnvGet("SYSTEMDRIVE") & "\dism8\Dism.exe /Get-ImageInfo /ImageFile:" & GUICtrlRead($T1Input1))
Edited by trashy