Perform a word count of each sentence and highlight any sentence with 31 or more words in red, and 21-30 words in blue.

What have you tried so far?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2021-11-10 - Version 1.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (NEW 2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (NEW 2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm still trying to get how to find a list of sentences to modify, I've also been to _Word_DocRangeSet but still no luck..

There are many ideas that are coming from my mind, such as how to store the objects of all the sentences in a Microsoft Word document, in an array but still haven't find a way..

Edited by Servant

Did you have a look at the example script for _Word_RangeSet?

"Move the start of the range to the next paragraph and extend the end by 2 ; words. Insert text before and after the range and display some statistics"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2021-11-10 - Version 1.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (NEW 2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (NEW 2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

In this time the problem that I'm trying to solve is, how to highlight a set range in a MS Word document?
I've came from many resources including Highlight Property, I even checked the source codes of the include files "Word.au3" and "WordConstants.au3" and I found out that you've rewritten them, and they don't have color enumeration..

I'd tried this:

$oDoc.Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = 255
$oRange.Highlight = True

And this:

$oWord.Options.DefaultHighlightColorIndex = 255
$oRange.Highlight = True

But no luck...

Do you want to highlight the range (=set the color of the background) or just select the range (as you would do with mouse or keyboard)?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

$oRange.HighlightColorIndex = wdColor enumeration

wdColor enumeration

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Will test as soon as I'm at a Windows PC again ...

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I also tried:

$oRange.HighlightColorIndex = 255
MsgBox(0, ".HighlightColorIndex", $oRange.HighlightColorIndex)

And it message "9999999" instead of "255" if I'm not mistaken..

But when I try:

MsgBox(0, ".HighlightColorIndex", $oRange.HighlightColorIndex)

Without setting the .HighlightColorIndex it message "0".

Edited by Servant

To avoid "magic numbers" I would use a constant:

Global Const $wdRed = 6 ; Red color
$oRange.HighlightColorIndex = $wdRed

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By diff
      Hello,

so I have started to learn to use the Word UDF and got issue to add my pictures after exact paragraphs. I was searching in the forum for the solution, checked with examples and still I don't understand how to add pictures after paragraph in new line.

My word document has like 8 pages and for example on page I have paragraph named "My examples:" and here starts my problem.

I have tried to do this:
      #include <Word.au3> Local $oWord = _Word_Create() Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($Word, @ScriptDir & "\examples.docx", Default, Default, True) $oSearchRange = _Word_DocRangeSet($oDoc, -1, $wdParagraph, 0) $oRangeFound = _Word_DocFind($oDoc, "My examples:", $oSearchRange) _Word_DocPictureAdd($oDoc, @ScriptDir & "\pic1.jpg", Default, Default, $oRangeFound) And here the picture adds before the paragraph My examples: on same line and looks like
      {pic1}My Examples:

What I want to see is:
      My examples:
      {PICTURE IN NEW LINE} which is pic1.jpg from my code.

How I can do that? I want to add 3 pictures in a row in new line each like:
      My examples:
      {pic1.jpg}
      {pic2.jpg}
      {pic3.jpg}

Hope I explained this well, but you can ask me if you need any additional information to clarify.
    • By ahha
      I'm trying to get the number of columns in a specific row in a Word table and am stuck.   I need a push.  Program below and Word file attached.
      Thanks.
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y ;use this to debug in console window #include <Word.au3> $oWord = _Word_Create(True, True) ;Create Word application object, make it visible, and force a new instance of Word $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, @ScriptDir&"\ColumnTest.docx", Default, Default, True) ;Open the Word document $iTablesCount = $oDoc.Tables.Count ;get Tables count in $oDoc Pause("$iTablesCount = '" & $iTablesCount & "'") $iRowCount = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1).Rows.Count ;Table hard coded $iColCount = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1).Columns.Count Pause("Table#1 $iRowCount = '" & $iRowCount & " $iColCount = '" & $iColCount & "'") ;trying to get the number of columns in each row ;$ColCountInRow = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1).Rows(1).Columns.Count ;this fails and read somewhere to use Cells.Count $ColCountInRow = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1).Rows(1).Cells.Count ;hard code Row 1 <<<<< ERROR here ;this is the error I get ;: ==> The requested action with this object has failed.: ;$ColCountInRow = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1).Rows(1).Cells.Count ;$ColCountInRow = $oDoc.Tables.Item(1)^ ERROR Pause("Row 1 has " & $ColCountInRow & " Columns") Exit Func Pause($text="") MsgBox(262144, "DEBUG", "Paused: " & $text) EndFunc  
      ColumnTest.docx
    • By Page2PagePro
      Excel VBA's IDE registers a Control-y as "cut this line of code".
      For those prone to Undo/Redo (Ctrl+Z/Ctrl+Y) you may find frustration when your code in the editor does not redo, but in fact clears your active line of code while killing redo history.
      Though not perfect, I keep this tool running in background on startup.
      The purpose is to allow Cltr+Y to act normally throughout Windows and Office and only interact *differently* with the "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications" window that is active.
      If the Standard Menu bar exists, it'll try to click the ReDo (Blue Arrow to the right), else "Alt+e, r" keystrokes (less desired).

Here's the code:
      Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 1) HotKeySet("^y", "TriggerRedo") While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Func TriggerRedo() ConsoleWrite("TriggerRedo()" & @CRLF) Local $title = "Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications - " Local $hWnd If WinExists($title) And WinActive($title) Then ;~ Parent Window Handle $hWnd = WinGetHandle($title) Local $aWindowPos = WinGetPos($hWnd) ;~ Control Bar Handle, Position and If Visible Local $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBar; TEXT:Standard;]" Local $hStandardBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) Local $bIsVisible = ControlCommand($hWnd, "", $sControlID, "IsVisible") If $hStandardBar And $bIsVisible Then ConsoleWrite("Using Mouse Click." & @CRLF) ;~ Determine Redo button location on visible Control Bar Local $aBarPos = ControlGetPos($hWnd, "", $sControlID) Local $mX = $aWindowPos[0] + $aBarPos[0] + 217 + Int(23/2) Local $mY = $aWindowPos[1] + $aBarPos[1] + 27 + Int(22/2) MouseClick("Left", $mX, $mY, 1, 0) Else ConsoleWrite("Using VBA Send Keys." & @CRLF) $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBar; TEXT:Menu Bar;]" Local $hMenuBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) ControlSend($hWnd, "", $hMenuBar, "!e") ;~ Send("r") $sControlID = "[CLASS:MsoCommandBarPopup; TEXT:Edit;]" Local $hPopupBar = ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", $sControlID) ControlSend($hWnd, "", $hPopupBar, "r") EndIf Else ConsoleWrite("Using NATIVE Send Keys." & @CRLF) HotKeySet("^y") Send("^y") ;~ may cause "yyy..." when held HotKeySet("^y", "TriggerRedo") EndIf EndFunc ;==>TriggerRedo Hope this inspires someone.

• By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!! 

• By Fenzik
      Hello!
      i wrote this function as alternative to using the Com Object or Commandline version of this project, discussed also earlyer on this forum.
      Project site - http://ebstudio.info/home/xdoc2txt.html
      Advantage of this implementation is that you do not need to register Com dll, using regsvr32.
      But you still need the project Dll (xd2txlib.dll).
      Enjoy!
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: _ExtractText ; Description ...: Extracts text from advanced documment formats (Doc, Docx, ODT, XLS, ...) ; Syntax ........: _ExtractText($sFilename[, $bProperties = False[, $hDll = 0]]) ; Parameters ....: $sFilename - a string value. ; $bProperties - [optional] a boolean value. Default is False. If True, documment properties will be returned instead of the text. ; $hDll - [optional] a handle value. Default is 0. Optional handle to previously opened xd2txlib.dll. By default the xd2txlib.dll (Expected in @scriptdir) will be opened and closed during the function call. ; Return value .: String, containing the text or documment properties or empty string and Error as follows: ;1 - The file does not exists. ;2 - Error during opening xd2txlib.dll. ;3 - No text returned. ; Author ........: Fenzik ; Modified ......: ; Remarks .......: Project site - http://ebstudio.info/home/xdoc2txt.html ; Related .......: ; Link ..........: ; Example .......: No ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _ExtractText($sFilename, $bProperties = False, $hDll = 0) If Not FileExists($sFilename) Then Return SetError(1, "", "") Local $bLoaded = False If $hDll = 0 Then $hDll = DllOpen(@scriptdir&"\xd2txlib.dll") If $hDll = -1 Then Return SetError(2, "", "") $bLoaded = True Endif $aResult = DllCall($hDll, "int:cdecl", "ExtractText", "WSTR", $sFilename, "BOOL", $bProperties, "WSTR*", "") If $aResult[0] = 0 Then Return SetError(3, "", "") If $bLoaded = True Then DllClose($hDll) Return $aResult[3] EndFunc  

xd2txlib-example.zip