ways to pass @error (with array)

Go to solution Solved by Melba23,

Thanks to the help with StringRegExp from Melba23 I have got a function now

Func _LogFile_RegEx_Filter($string)
    $found = StringRegExp($string, ":\s(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,2}°[NSEW])", 3)
    Switch $found
        Case @error = 1
            ConsoleWrite("DBG: Array is invalid" & @CRLF)
                        $found[0] = "ERROR"
        Case @error = 2
            ConsoleWrite("DBG: Bad pattern. Array is invalid" & @CRLF)
                        $found[1] = "ERROR"
    EndSwitch

return $found
EndFunc

I can use it fine like this

Local $mutate = _LogFile_RegEx_Filter($data)

ConsoleWrite("LAT:[" & $mutate[0] & "] LON: [" & $mutate[1] & "]")

until I feed in string which does not give a match and should error out - trying for all possible scenarios)

Instead of getting text on a console with  LAT:[ERROR] LON:[ERROR] script crashes with a

==> Subscript used on non-accessible variable.:

$found[0] = "ERROR"
$found^ ERROR
->20:45:50 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1

how to fix it? So that some unexpected line in log file would not make whole thing come crashing down

Are you going to test against $found, or are you going to test against @error, because you're mixing the 2 in your switch statement.

First, you can't use an array in a Switch like that. Second, if there's an error then $found will not be an array so you can't use it like you're doing later.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators
  • Solution

shaqan,

I would code the function like this so that an array is always returned: ;)

#include <Array.au3>

$sString = "2014-03-02 14:12:27 | Current location: Unknown, Lat: 58.88°N, Lon: 94.39°E, Altitude: 105 m"
$aRet = _LogFile_RegEx_Filter($sString)
_ArrayDisplay($aRet, "", Default, 8)

$sString = "blah"
$aRet = _LogFile_RegEx_Filter($sString)
_ArrayDisplay($aRet, "", Default, 8)

Func _LogFile_RegEx_Filter($string)

; Run the SRE - if it works the array is created
    Local $aFound = StringRegExp($string, ":\s(\d{1,3}\.\d{1,2}°[NSEW])", 3)
    ; Switch on the @error returned
    Switch @error
        Case 1 ; Do use the correct syntax - look in the Help file to check
            ConsoleWrite("DBG: Array is invalid" & @CRLF)
            ; Declare the array as an error
            Local $aFound[2] = ["ERROR", 1]
        Case 2
            ConsoleWrite("DBG: Bad pattern. Array is invalid" & @CRLF)
            Local $aFound[2] = ["ERROR", 2]
    EndSwitch
    ; And return whatever array was created
    Return $aFound

EndFunc
All clear? Please ask if not. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

shaqan,

seems to work

Oh ye of little faith - my code usually does. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 8 years later...

@Melba23 Hi Melba, and sorry to disturb you.

I got this thread while lookin for a solution to one (of my many) issue:

Q: How can I handle array errors?

This is a classic error:

Local $aArray[6][2] = [[1, "A"], [2, "B"], [3, "C"], [1, "A"], [2, "B"], [3, "C"]]
For $i = 0 to 9
    ConsoleWrite("Data: " & $aArray[$i][0] & @CRLF)
Next

Typical error is

"Y:\__ AutoIt\RemoteCrypto\testcalc.au3" (27) : ==> Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
ConsoleWrite("Data: " & $aArray[$i][0] & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("Data: " & ^ ERROR
->16:47:53 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>16:47:53 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.169

Obviously this is just to semplify it. In real life I come across data coming from Trade Exchange API integration and it may happen that sometimes (connection issue, latencies,...) data is not properly loaded so array creation may fail and boom.

If the array fails my code can't continue, I need array to make so many calculations, so I have to close the program and relaunch it.

Program is located on my cloud VM so I can't monitor it 24/7 but what I would like to do is it to send me a Telegram message warning me about the error, so I can connect and relaunch it.

I already work with Telegram API integration so I can perfectly use it, I just need to intercept this kind of error and before the program closes to send me the warning.

I repeat, I can't manage it just by checking dim,ubound,isarray()... 'cause these issues may happen in so many circumstances. What I would like to do is to handle the error in a smart way.

Thanks for your support,

Marco

@marko001 Melba23 isn't here actually (he wrote it a few days ago, so he'll probably suggest an answer when he'll come back) 

Meanwhile you could use OnAutoItExitRegister() to test if something went wrong during the script, for example :

OnAutoItExitRegister("_ExitRegister")

Local $aArray[6][2] = [[1, "A"], [2, "B"], [3, "C"], [4, "D"], [5, "E"], [6, "F"]]

For $i = 0 to 9 ; 9 to force an Array error
    ConsoleWrite("Data: " & $aArray[$i][0] & "," & $aArray[$i][1] & @CRLF)
Next

Func _ExitRegister()
    If @exitCode = 1 Then
        ConsoleWrite("exitCode = " & @exitCode & "   " & "exitMethod = " & @exitMethod & @CRLF)
        ; send yourself a Telegram message warning (your Telegram API integration)
        ; or send it by running another script etc...
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_ExitRegister

@exitMethod could be useful too, as shown in in this thread.

Edited by pixelsearch
typo

@pixelsearch I thought it was the solution but I tried and I got this:

image.png.7008858e21fcbf930e1af0dc7af09c2e.png

I just tried to add a msgbox() once an error is caught but this pop-up will come before the msgbox()

do you think a call to a Telegram function will be passed or not?

Func _ExitRegister()
;~     If @exitCode = 1 Then
MsgBox(0,"","")
        ConsoleWrite("exitCode = " & @exitCode & "   " & "exitMethod = " & @exitMethod & @CRLF)
        ; send yourself a Telegram message warning (your Telegram API integration)
        ; or send it by running another script etc...
;~     EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_ExitRegister

Yes, if I run from shell it works as intented.

Is there a way to compile it so that I can run by doubleclicking it instead of using Shell and (somewhere in properties) add the 

/ErrorStdOut

parameter?

Edited by marko001

12 hours ago, marko001 said:

In real life I come across data coming from Trade Exchange API integration and it may happen that sometimes (connection issue, latencies,...) data is not properly loaded so array creation may fail and boom.

This is exactly where the checkings have to be done and failures gracefully handled.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I agree with jchd, important errors may be masked if you go on this way. Anyway...

6 hours ago, marko001 said:

Is there a way to compile it so that I can run by doubleclicking it instead of using Shell and (somewhere in properties) add the /ErrorStdOut parameter?

I found a way, based on 2 exe's, for example :

1) "Test part1.exe" (contains 1 line only, you'll double-click this exe) :

Run(@ScriptDir & "\test part2.exe" & " /ErrorStdOut")

2) "Test part2.exe"

; the full script discussed above, named "test part2"

OnAutoItExitRegister("_ExitRegister")

Good luck