Get Height of Internet Explorer top bar [SOLVED]

Is there any way to get the top bar height of internet explorer?
Because some Internet Explorer have Menubar and Boomarks and some dont.

I don't know where to start.

get_height.png

Edited by biase

This can be done with the UI Automation framework.

Download the two UDFs in bottom of first post, and download and run the code in the "Simple spy demo" codebox in the middle of first post.

To verify that a control can be identified place the mouse cursor over the control and press Ctrl+w. You can see an example here.

If you procures information for the bounding rectangle of the title bar and the Google window, you can use the y-values to get the height.

Or you can verify directly, if there is a menu bar.

Note that the framework is based on COM interface objects (created with ObjCreateInterface), so it's not just as easy to use as most built-in commands.

JohnOne

Thank you for the tips, but the ControlGetPost does not return the height

Yes it does. Unless it's not returning it only for this specific control, this function does return the height

Return Value

Success: an array containing the size and the control's position relative to its client window:

$aArray[0] = X position

$aArray[1] = Y position

$aArray[2] = Width

$aArray[3] = Height <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It does return a value.. here is the code

$cgp = ControlGetPos('[Class:IEFrame]', '', '[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]')
ConsoleWrite($cgp[0] & ", " & $cgp[1] & ", " & $cgp[2] & ", " & $cgp[3] & @CRLF)

here is the value from console after the code was executed

0, 67, 1600, 758

I dont think 758 is the height of Internet Explorer top bar.

Edited by biase

No but 67 is the height of the title bar plus any other crap you have like address and tool bars or bookmarks.

Whick is exactly what you asked for is it not?

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I want to know the Hight of the Top Bar, so I will know the inner html document top position which is below the top bar.

if I do it manually using MouseGetPos the value are 92, which mean the top bar height is 92pixels and the inner html document are at 92 pixel from top

On my computer, there isn't one bar from the top of the screen to the top of the client area. There's the title bar, then the address bar, then tab bar, then the menu bar, then the favorites and tools bar (on the same line). All this adds up so that you'd have to measure each one. Or, using the better method, using the top of the client area as the measurement of the bottom of all those bars added up together.

All that being said, using mouse click positions to click on a web page is probably one of the least effective ways of interacting with a web page, so it should be a moot point as to what the size of the top bars of IE are.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Be carefull, [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1] does not necessarily correspond to the document-body control. It can also be an addon (toolbar for example).

If you must use the method "click & send", maybe the _IECreateEmbedded function would be better ([CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1] will be the only control).

Now, I think you need to get the document-body coordinates (relative to the screen) to move the mouse, so you can directly use WinGetPos() with the control :

#Include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("about:blank")
$hWnd = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")

$aPos = WinGetPos( ControlGetHandle($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]") )
MouseMove($aPos[0], $aPOs[1])
Edited by jguinch