How can I get the current file name of an opened Microsoft Word document?

Go to solution Solved by Servant,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AutoitMike
      A process of mine opens a HML file, modifies it and then saves, closes it.
      I then need to run an.exe that opens this file right after this.. However, nothing that I find on this forum works that supposedly tests to see if the fie is still open, ready to be used by another process.
      Right now, I just Sleep(2000) .
      I would like something cleaner than this.
      This function, for example, returns False when nothing has it opened or if I open the file with notepad or any other editor.
      I am running on a win7 laptop, if that has any bearing.
      $File="C:\Utilities\test\report.hr5" MsgBox(0,"", _FileInUse($File)) Exit Func _FileInUse($sFilePath) ; By Nessie. Modified by guinness. Local Const $hFileOpen = _WinAPI_CreateFile($sFilePath, $CREATE_ALWAYS, $FILE_SHARE_WRITE) If $hFileOpen Then _WinAPI_CloseHandle($hFileOpen) Return False EndIf Local $fReturn = False If _WinAPI_GetLastError() = 32 Then $fReturn = True Return $fReturn EndFunc  
    • By goku200
      I have an Autoit script that lists files from a folder into an array list. Is there a way to separate the filenames by an underscore and include the id, version, name and date into separate columns in Excel.
      Example of filename:
      12345_v1.0_TEST Name [12345]_01.01.2022.html
      12345 would be in one column
      v1.0 would be in another column
      TEST Name [12345] would be in another column
      01.01.2022 would be in another column
      .html would be in another column
      Note: filenames always change each day.
      Here is my code that lists the files into column C and then writes the column Headers into Column D, E, F, G. Just need some help with separating them into columns by the _ delimiter

• By SkysLastChance
      I am having a issue of whenever I try to _Excel_RangeWrite a formula that references another workbook I am getting an error @4 and @extended -2147352567

#include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookNew($oExcel) _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkBook,Default,"=IF(D2=D1,"",VLOOKUP(D2,'J:\Temporary Files\FolderName\FileName.xlsx'!$A:$B,2,0))","W2",False) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 1", "Error writing to worksheet." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeWrite Example 1", "String successfully written.") I am not a 100% sure, but I am guessing this is because I have "" and '' in the formula. However, I am not sure how this can best be resolved. 

• By VinMe
      Dear all, 
      I am working on automation of ms word, on which my scripts runs with multiple word document at a time. But I wanted all the word to be running in the background.
      do we have any UDF available? Please help.
      BR,
      VinMe

• By SkysLastChance
      I am trying to autofill a range. I am getting stuck and I don't understand what I am doing wrong. 
      My goal is to auto fill some formulas that are next to a pivot table in columns A-C. 
      _Excel_RangeWrite($oNewWorkBook,Default,"2000","D3") _Excel_RangeWrite($oNewWorkBook,Default,"=(B3-D3)","E3") _Excel_RangeWrite($oNewWorkBook,Default,"100","F3") _Excel_RangeWrite($oNewWorkBook,Default,"=(C3-F3)","G3") $oNewWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Range("D3:G3").Select With $oNewWorkbook .Selection.AutoFill(.Range("D3:G77"),0) EndWith The data is not auto filling. 
      Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.