N00b ControlSend Help

Hi All

Here is the Control info for the field I am working with

sDBUfdv.png

I have the app open so my script is simple.  Just ControlSend the username "Kiosk".  I tried all three below to no avail.  Can you guys tell me what I'm doing wrong?

ControlSend("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "[Edit1]", "Kiosk")
ControlSend("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]", "Kiosk")
ControlSend("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "[CLASSNN:Edit1]", "Kiosk")

Hmm. Could be that program doesn't accept 'automated input'. Try the ControlSetText or Send functions instead of ControlSend. The Send function will be a bit tricky to get to work. You'll need to set the focus (manually or with the ControlFocus function) to get it to work as you expect.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Hmm. Could be that program doesn't accept 'automated input'. Try the ControlSetText or Send functions instead of ControlSend. The Send function will be a bit tricky to get to work. You'll need to set the focus (manually or with the ControlFocus function) to get it to work as you expect.

I actually got the Send to work but the problem was that the window had to be active...  So you're telling me to make it active with ControlFocus then use Send?

If that field automatically becomes active when the program get focus, you can use the WinActivate function to activate the program. Might I also suggest to read thru the Help file, several times even, to become familiar with all the native AutoIt functions and the language itself.

Please, only take that as a suggestion, not a hidden RTFM! :)

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

• Developers

This works fine but guess you need to run with #RequireAdmin

#RequireAdmin
ControlSend("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "Edit1", "Kiosk")

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

If that field automatically becomes active when the program get focus, you can use the WinActivate function to activate the program. Might I also suggest to read thru the Help file, several times even, to become familiar with all the native AutoIt functions and the language itself.

Please, only take that as a suggestion, not a hidden RTFM! :)

Haha if you were going to RTFM me, you probably would've done it in the first post!  I consider myself a 7.5/10 in batch files so I'm trying to learn this.  Believe me when I told you that I have scoured the Help menu and Google before posting here.  I'm still trying to get a handle on the language itself.  Thank you for your patience!

Arggg...  Now I can into another problem...   "Administrator" is prepopulated in Username: field.  ControlSend ADDS to this so instead of clearing the field, it adds to it making it "AdministratorKiosk"..  How do I clear it first before ControlSending?

Well now I have another problem....(never seems to stop!!!)

None of my ControlSetText commands are working now that I'm using RunAs :(  The executable runs but none of the text is getting sent like Run was.  Any ideas?

#RequireAdmin
RunAs("LocalAdminUserName", "", "LocalAdminPassword", 0, "C:\Install\AutoLogon\AutoLogon.exe /accepteula")
Sleep(100)
ControlSetText("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "Edit1", "UserName")
ControlSetText("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "Edit2", "Domain")
ControlSetText("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "Edit3", "PaSsWoRd")
ControlClick("Autologon - Sysinternals", "", "Button1", "")
WinClose("Autologon - Sysinternals")

I tried 0,1,2 and 4 on the RunAs to no avail.

Thanks again in advanced for your patience!

One, do you need to run "AutoLogin.exe" as an admin. Wouldn't it work just find as a normal user using "Run". You only need to run your script as admin with the #RequireAdmin.

Secondly, are you sure, 100ms is enough time for the application to load? Maybe, by the time the program loads, it's time to close it. You might want to use:

WinWait("Autologon - Sysinternals")