Stack UDF - Based on the concept in .NET.

guinness

; Functions:
; Stack - Create a stack handle.
; Stack_ToArray - Create an array from the stack.
; Stack_Clear - Remove all items/objects from the stack.
; Stack_Count - Retrieve the number of items/objects on the stack.
; Stack_Peek - Peek at the item/object in the stack.
; Stack_Pop - Pop the last item/object from the stack.
; Stack_Push - Push an item/object to the stack.
; Stack_TrimToSize - Set the capacity to the number of items/objects in the stack.

Stack_TrimToSize 

Fixed thanks.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I just did a small insignificant update again, as I am wondering about adding a SetLimitSize() function. Would it be of any use? I should also look at adding a parameter set optionally set the size of the Stack on creation.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Added: Stack_ForEach(). See example for usage of this amazing function.

Removed: Re-sizing the internal array. Now it's up to the developer when to re-size by calling Stack_TrimExcess().

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Added: Capacity() function.

Added: Contains() example.

Changed: ForEach() now expects the delegate function to return True or False to exit the ForEach() loop, instead of the value. This is passed by reference using ByRef.

Changed: Internal re-sizing by multiplying the capacity by 2 and initialising with 4 if no initial size is set. This mimics List<> in .NET

Changed: Return value of ForEach() which is either the return value of the delegate function or Null on failure.

UDF List:

The >Stack and >Queue are intended for those who enjoy using single dimensional arrays but want the flexibility that comes with writing their own wrapper functions to manipulate the values inside the data structures. This is similar to using Predicate in C#.

Though it would be nice to have Lambda expressions e.g. x => x >= 30 (with a TrueForAll() method), unfortunately you have to write your own function.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=N
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

#include "Stack.au3"

Local $hAges = Stack() ; Create a stack object.

; Random ages at a party.
Stack_Push($hAges, 78)
Stack_Push($hAges, 45)
Stack_Push($hAges, 64)
Stack_Push($hAges, 18)
Stack_Push($hAges, 29)
Stack_Push($hAges, 34)
Stack_Push($hAges, 24)
Stack_Push($hAges, 36)

Local $fAllOver30 = Stack_ForEach($hAges, IsOver30)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', 'Are all those attending over 30? ' & $fAllOver30)

Func IsOver30(ByRef $iAge)
    If $iAge < 30 Then Return False ; Return False to stop looping in the ForEach() loop.
    Return True ; Return True to continue looping in the ForEach() loop.
EndFunc   ;==>IsOver30
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Well, it's not based on the concept in .NET anymore, as it's more advanced now :) Maybe MS want to add some Stack classes based on concepts in AutoIt :D

It's really nice to see someone from the developer team is showing interests in C# concepts. Me, personally always accepted MS's concepts and standards, C# is what MS knows as the main programming language of windows (I guess), as I see Microsoft is trying to make it more and more popular.

I never tried to code any serious software in C#, because of 3 reasons:

1. C# compiled EXEs are like open books, no matter if you are not releasing the source, when some one wants the source, it's just there.

2. Customers and end-users have to install .Net framework.

3: Read #1 again please.

guinness

You did it nice, really nice, both Stack and Queue UDFs are great.

You know, I always felt something is missing from AutoIt, more events for controls.

I even tried to implement an Event UDF, here it is:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I wrote that based on event concept in .Net, tried to act like that, don't know how success I was.

Sorry for somehow hijacking the thread, I felt OK about that as I saw your threads about C# and .Net in the developers forum.

It was nice if there was an Event UDF, based on .Net concept, with the taste of guinness ;)

Yeah, I sort of took some ideas from the System.Collections.Generic namespace as well, especially the List class. But cheers for your kind words and support, I was looking at implementing as part of the AutoIt UDFs, but decided against this after careful consideration and discussion. Though I feel I will personally use this UDF (and Queue) over the Array UDF, as it suits my needs just fine.

Note: I still recommend those who lack Array data(type/structure) knowledge, to still use the Array UDF.

I don't think you're hijacking this thread, I am really getting into the world of C# and .NET, so always happy to learn from those who know something about C#. Any hints or tips are always welcome, as Mat & Richard have so far pointed me in the right direction. As to the 3 reasons, so far I haven't had cause for concern about this, though it's kind of funny how people complain about the whole AutoIt/source code problem! (I will stop there methinks.)

I will have a look at that UDF of yours, but I don't see how I could possible improve what has already been done.

UDF List:

I found so many usages for both Stack and Queue UDFs, now I can put those ReDim stuff away when I need a well structured dynamic array.

C# and .NET are powerful enough to code almost anything, but when you are going to code an application and start selling that, the security part start hurting you!

I will have a look at that UDF of yours, but I don't see how I could possible improve what has already been done.

You know, to be honest I believe you can implement that better than me.

As there are already 2 event UDFs available (mine and MrCreatoR's), there is the idea to where to begin.

Oh, I'm not forcing you, sorry if it sounds like that, just suggesting.

Thanks.

Edited by D4RKON3

I found so many usages for both Stack and Queue UDFs, now I can put those ReDim stuff away when I need a well structured dynamic array.

Excellent! You have literally made my day, but alas it will never be apart of the AutoIt UDFs.

UDF List:

You know, it's how AutoIt works, there is a huuuge wall in front of every single new thing, we all remember the same behavior from the past.

There are reasons which I can't publicly discuss and am happy with the choices that have been made. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I won't attack, you don't worry.

UDF List:

I was testing whether or not to remove the UBound element in the array and after testing alternative methods, decided the current approach was good.

UDF List:

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the example.

UDF List:

Added unique ID so it's guaranteed that the Stack is created with my UDF.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Fixed. Thanks.

UDF List: