ImaheSearchDll terminates itself why ?

rakma

Im trying to use the ImageSearchDll file from autoit on vb.net the problem is that when it searches it terminate itself and nothing happens. At this line (Dim rtn As String = ImageSearch(L, T, R, B, F) ' <- nothing happens here) nothing happens and i have tryed debugging with msgboxes and nothing happens. I have the image and the dll files and no errors in the code. HELP me plz

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports System
Imports AutoItX3Lib
Public Class Form1
    <DllImport("ImageSearchDLL.dll", EntryPoint:="ImageSearch")> Public Shared Function ImageSearch(ByVal x1 As Integer, ByVal y1 As Integer, ByVal x2 As Integer, ByVal y2 As Integer, ByVal str As String) As String
    End Function
    Public Shared Function FindImage(ByVal L As Integer, ByVal T As Integer, ByVal R As Integer, ByVal B As Integer, ByVal F As String) As Integer()
        Dim ARTN As Integer() = New Integer(4) {}
        MessageBox.Show(L.ToString() & " - " & T.ToString() & " - " & R.ToString() & " - " & B.ToString() & " - " & F.ToString())
        Dim rtn As String = ImageSearch(L, T, R, B, F) ' <- nothing happens here
        MessageBox.Show(rtn)
        If rtn = "0" Then
            aRTN(0) = 0
            Return aRTN
        Else
            Dim coords As String() = rtn.Split("|"c)
            'split return value of imagesearch into array
            'int[] aRTN = new int[5]; //declare int array with enough elements
            aRTN(0) = Integer.Parse(coords(0))
            'convert the string values into ints
            aRTN(1) = Integer.Parse(coords(1))
            aRTN(2) = Integer.Parse(coords(2))
            aRTN(3) = Integer.Parse(coords(3))
            aRTN(4) = Integer.Parse(coords(4))
            Return aRTN
        End If
    End Function

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim x1 As Integer
        Dim y1 As Integer
        Dim res() As Integer = FindImage(x1, y1, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Width, Screen.PrimaryScreen.Bounds.Height, "C:\launcher.play.jpg")
        Dim s As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3
        s.MouseClick("LEFT", res(1), res(2))
    End Sub
End Class

VB.NET is not telling me why the app terminates

'Image Search.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:UsersRakmaDocumentsVisual Studio 2012ProjectsImage SearchImage SearchbinDebugImage Search.exe', Symbols loaded.

'Image Search.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:WindowsMicrosoft.NetassemblyGAC_MSILSystem.Runtime.Remotingv4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089System.Runtime.Remoting.dll'
The program '[3160] Image Search.vshost.exe: Program Trace' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[3160] Image Search.vshost.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code 1073741855 (0x4000001f).

The project ran fine for me with the exception that it clicked in the upper left corner of the screen instead of what I'm guessing was supposed to be the start button.

Try this. Click the space just to the left of the line numbers in the code editor on the line that shows "Public Shared Function FindImage(L As Integer, T As Integer, R As Integer, B As Integer, F As String) As Integer()". A red dot should appear. Run the program from the editor and it should stop and move into the editor again when you click the button. Press F11 to move one line of code at a time and put your mouse over the variables to see if they contain the values you expect them to contain. This will also show you the exact point in which the project stops running.

Yes, you've stepped into debug mode, and now you need to hit F11 (once for each line) to step through each line of code to see what's happening.

i Found nothing, is there a way that i can chat with you over skype ?

Wait I think I just figured it out. You're running Windows 64 bit and I'm running Windows 32 bit. The dll is 32 bit, and that's why it didn't work.

Your project is set to run in 64 bit on your 64 bit Windows. If you change it to compile to 32 bit, it should work.

I don't have the same version of Visual Studio as you, so I can't walk you through how to change it, but this is the reason it's not working. You'll be looking for something labeled AnyCPU, and you need to change that to 32 bit or x86, however it's labeled.

Edited by Richard Robertson

'test.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:UsersRakmaDocumentsVisual Studio 2012Projectstesttestbinx86Debugtest.exe', Symbols loaded.

'test.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:WindowsMicrosoft.NetassemblyGAC_MSILSystem.Runtime.Remotingv4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089System.Runtime.Remoting.dll'
'test.vshost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:WindowsMicrosoft.NetassemblyGAC_MSILSystem.Configurationv4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3aSystem.Configuration.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
The program '[5296] test.vshost.exe: Program Trace' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[5296] test.vshost.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code 1073741855 (0x4000001f).

• 3 years later...