Runwait is not working

GAM

HI,

I trying to copy a file from Host operating system to Guest operating system via VMWare-Workstation. The command prompt appears but disappears in a split of a second. Not sure where am going wrong. Can someone help please?

Here is the script that I have written...

$VWRunEXEPath = "C:Program Files (x86)VMwareVMware Workstation>vmrun.exe"
$GuestUserName = "agovada"
$GuestPwd = "Welcome2world"
$VMXPathOfTheOS = """C:VMImagesVista-64Vista x64.vmx"""
$SourcePathOfVSE = """C:dataVSE RP4 RTW.zip"""
$TargetPathOfVSE = """C:buildsrp4.zip"""

RunWait(@ComSpec  & " /c " & "'" & $VWRunEXEPath & " -T ws -gu " & $GuestUserName & " -gp " & $GuestPwd & " copyFileFromHostToGuest " & $VMXPathOfTheOS & " " & $SourcePathOfVSE & " " & $TargetPathOfVSE &"'")

NOTE : If I execute the command on cmd prompt then it works fine. Here's the actual command : "C:Program Files (x86)VMwareVMware Workstation>vmrun.exe" -T ws -gu agovada -gp Welcome2mcafee copyFileFromHostToGuest "C:VMImagesVista-64Vista x64.vmx" "C:dataVSE RP4 RTW.zip" "C:test1rp4.zip"

Thanks in advance.

Neil

• Developers

Are you sure you want the > in stead of a before vmrun.exe?

Change the /C to /K on your CMD.exe line to keep the CMD window open to check for messages.

Jos

ps this has similar quotations as your example commandline:

RunWait(@ComSpec  & ' /k "' & $VWRunEXEPath & '" -T ws -gu '  & $GuestUserName & ' -gp ' & $GuestPwd & ' copyFileFromHostToGuest "' & $VMXPathOfTheOS & '" "' & $SourcePathOfVSE & '" "' & $TargetPathOfVSE & '"')
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)