Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alc

Word: access to DocumentBeforeSave event

4 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm running a script that monitors Microsoft Office Word. I need to write some Custom Properties to the document being edited when it is saved. No keyb or mouse hooks, because the document can be saved even using VBA. The only way left is to use the Word event DocumentBeforeSave. How can I register and write code for the event?

I'm still using 3.3.6.1, I would prefer a solution for this AutoIt, but if it not posible and the new version can, you are welcome anyway.

Thanks in advance.

In my Excel >example scripts you see how to do it for Excel. Should be quite easy to translate it to Word.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Hi, Water

Thank you for your fast reply  and sorry for my late one, Sunday is perhaps my busiest day of the week

Shame on me, I can't explain myself why I didn't see ObjEvent() in the Help

I haven't tried yet, but I'm sure you've saved yet another life. I´ll confirm it in a couple of days I guess

Best wishes

alc

If you still have problems just post and I will do my very best.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki