automation pc!

Hi All,

I have an automation PC at work and im thinking of a way for the users to fill out forms which will automatically move the file they are wanting the script to run for to a location (specific folders for specific jobs) and then the automation pc will automatically look for files every x amount of time and then run a particular script depending on what folder has a file in then send me a notification once its complete.

How hard is this too accomplish? i can do manipulating between excel files, opening closes programs, moving files, sending CDO etc all with autoit already but im not sure how big of a task it is to set up that entire process or what the pitfalls are etc..

I know some of you will have done something similar to this before so just wanting to try and get a scope on it before i start putting in time trying to create something like this.

Perhaps my vision is an end goal and at the moment the users could send me their files and i could just drop them in the specific job folder and have a script look for files then run etc etc like i spoke about above..

Any input would be appreciated! thanks guys.

• Moderators

It is difficult to give you an idea of the effort involved without more specific information; your OP is pretty vague. How about a specific, step-by-step scenario of what a user would want to accomplish for a task, including the file type you'd be working with? Help us help you ;)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!