WinWait doesn't wait (The sample doesn't work) please help

Go to solution Solved by ywangperl,

I'm done.  Can't get enough information from you to help.  I can only infer that you are running the script through a command prompt, but you will not give a valid answer.

Good luck.

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I find the cause and I am looking for a solution.

WinWaitActive is a asynchronis event.  It spawn a process in the background for "timeout" seconds while user can type dos>command.

I was hoping that WinWaitActive can "wait" and hold the dos> for accepting other command.

-Y

Ok, first, the word right above someone's icon (seeker, in your case) is not their userID. The word above that is their userID. When addressing a post to a particular person, their actual userID should be used.

Now, back to your issue. If I run the following code from the DOS prompt, all that happens, and all that should happen, is Notepad gets started up. ConsoleWrite is a function that outputs to SciTE's console, not to the screen in general. In your testing code, use the MsgBox function instead of ConsoleWrite. Refer to the Help file, as those two functions take a different syntax of parameters.

Run("notepad.exe")
Local $sString = "running autoIt"
ConsoleWrite($sString & @CRLF)
$hwnd = WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]")
Consolewrite($hwnd & @crlf)

"c:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3.exe" ex0415c.au3

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.