Code to extract plain text from a PDF file

I find an example in C

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/7056/Code-to-extract-plain-text-from-a-PDF-file

As I'm not a C programmer, so I wanted to ask somebody about transferring this functionality to the AutoIt code.

I'll be grateful.

Best regards
mLipok

edit:

some more info (code inf VB):

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/31627/Decode-FlateDecode-PDF-Stream-To-Plain-Text-using

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

I use this when I need the text of a PDF.

;~ PDF2Text

$PDF = @DesktopDir & "\Intenso 2TB Betriebsanleitung.pdf"

ShellExecute($PDF)
$hPDF = WinWaitActive("[class:AcrobatSDIWindow]")
ControlSend($hPDF, "", "", "{ALT}{down 6}{right}{enter}")
Sleep(2000)
ControlSend($hPDF, "", "", "{enter}")
Sleep(20000) ; allow Textconversion to finish
WinClose($hPDF)
ShellExecute(StringTrimRight($PDF, 3) & "txt")

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

So the method is not practical when you have to extract (as soon as possible) text of 200 pdf files.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

I have already made something like this...

Download the XPDF tools (pdfinfo and pdftotext.) and try my script :

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _XFDF_Info
; Description....: Retrives informations from a PDF file
; Syntax.........: _XFDF_Info ( "File" [, "Info"] )
; Parameters.....: File    - PDF File.
;                  Info    - The information to retrieve
; Return values..: Success - If the Info parameter is not empty, returns the desired information for the specified Info parameter
;                          - If the Info parameter is empty, returns an array with all available informations
;                  Failure - 0, and sets @error to :
;                   1 - PDF File not found
;                   2 - Unable to find the external programm
; Remarks........: The array returned is two-dimensional and is made up as follows:
;                   $array[1][0] = Label of the first information (title, author, pages...)
;                   $array[1][1] = value of the first information
;                   ...
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _XFDF_Info($sPDFFile, $sInfo = "")
    Local $sXPDFInfo = @ScriptDir & "\pdfinfo.exe"

If NOT FileExists($sPDFFile) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If NOT FileExists($sXPDFInfo) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    $sXPDFInfo = FileGetShortName($sXPDFInfo)

Local $iPid = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' &  $sXPDFInfo & ' "' & $sPDFFile & '"', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 2)

Local $sResult
    While 1
        $sResult &= StdoutRead($iPid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd

Local $aInfos = StringRegExp($sResult, "(?m)^(.+?): +(.*)$", 3)
    If @error Or Mod( UBound($aInfos, 1), 2) = 1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)

Local $aResult [ UBound($aInfos, 1) / 2][2]

For $i = 0 To UBound($aInfos) - 1 Step 2
        If $sInfo <> "" AND $aInfos[$i] = $sInfo Then Return $aInfos[$i + 1]
        $aResult[$i / 2][0] = $aInfos[$i]
        $aResult[$i / 2][1] = $aInfos[$i + 1]
    Next

If $sInfo <> "" Then Return ""

Return $aResult
EndFunc ; ---> _XFDF_Info

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name...........: _XPDF_Search
; Description....: Retrives informations from a PDF file
; Syntax.........: _XFDF_Info ( "File" [, "String" [, Case = 0 [, Flag = 0 [, FirstPage = 1 [, LastPage = 0]]]]] )
; Parameters.....: File    - PDF File.
;                  String    - String to search for
;                  Case      - If set to 1, search is case sensitive (default is 0)
;                  Flag      - A number to indicate how the function behaves. See below for details. The default is 0.
;                  FirstPage  - First page to convert (default is 1)
;                  LastPage   - Last page to convert (default is 0 = last page of the document)
; Return values..: Success -
;                   Flag = 0 - Returns 1 if the search string was found, or 0 if not
;                   Flag = 1 - Returns the number of occcurrences found in the whole PDF File
;                   Flag = 2 - Returns an array containing the number of occurrences found for each page
;                              (only pages containing the search string are returned)
;                              $array[0][0] - Number of matching pages
;                              $array[0][1] - Number of occcurrences found in the whole PDF File
;                              $array[n][0] - Page number
;                              $array[n][1] - Number of occcurrences found for the page
;                   2 - Unable to find the external programm
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func _XPDF_Search($sPDFFile, $sSearch, $iCase = 0, $iFlag = 0, $iStart = 1, $iEnd = 0)
    Local $sXPDFToText = @ScriptDir & "\pdftotext.exe"
    Local $sOptions = " -layout -f " & $iStart
    Local $iCount = 0, $aResult[1][2] = [[0, 0]], $aSearch, $sContent, $iPageOccCount

If NOT FileExists($sXPDFToText) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

If $iEnd > 0 Then $sOptions &= " -l " & $iEnd

Local $iPid = Run($sXPDFToText & $sOptions & ' "' & $sPDFFile & '" -', @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 2)
    While 1
        $sContent &= StdoutRead($iPid)
        If @error Then ExitLoop
    WEnd

Local $aPages = StringSplit($sContent, chr(12) )

For $i = 1 To $aPages[0]
        $iPageOccCount = 0
        While StringInStr($aPages[$i], $sSearch, $iCase, $iPageOccCount + 1)
            If $iFlag <> 1 AND $iFlag <> 2 Then
                $aResult[0][1] = 1
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
            $iPageOccCount += 1
        WEnd

If $iPageOccCount Then
            Redim $aResult[ UBound($aResult, 1) + 1][2]
            $aResult[0][1] += $iPageOccCount
            $aResult[0][0] = UBound($aResult) - 1
            $aResult[ UBound($aResult, 1) - 1 ][0] = $i + $iStart - 1
            $aResult[ UBound($aResult, 1) - 1 ][1] = $iPageOccCount
        EndIf
    Next

If $iFlag = 2 Then Return $aResult
    Return $aResult[0][1]

EndFunc ; ---> _XPDF_Search

; Name...........: _XPDF_ToText
; Description....: Converts a PDF file to plain  text.
; Syntax.........: _XPDF_ToText ( "PDFFile" , "TxtFile" [ , FirstPage [, LastPage [, Layout ]]] )
; Parameters.....: PDFFile    - PDF Input File.
;                  TxtFile    - Plain text file to convert to
;                  FirstPage  - First page to convert (default is 1)
;                  LastPage   - Last page to convert (default is last page of the document)
;                  Layout     - If true, maintains (as  best as possible) the original physical layout of the text
;                               If false, the behavior is to 'undo'  physical  layout  (columns, hyphenation, etc.)
;                                 and output the text in reading order.
;                               Default is True
; Return values..: Success - 1
;                   2 - Unable to find the external program
Func _XPDF_ToText($sPDFFile, $sTXTFile, $iFirstPage = 1, $iLastPage = 0, $bLayout = True)
    Local $sXPDFToText = @ScriptDir & "\pdftotext.exe"
    Local $sOptions

If NOT FileExists($sXPDFToText) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

If $iFirstPage <> 1 Then $sOptions &= " -f " & $iFirstPage
    If $iLastPage <> 0 Then $sOptions &= " -l " & $iLastPage
    If $bLayout = True Then $sOptions &= " -layout"

Local $iReturn = ShellExecuteWait ( $sXPDFToText , $sOptions & ' "' & $sPDFFile & '" "' & $sTXTFile & '"', @ScriptDir, "", @SW_HIDE)
    If $iReturn = 0 Then Return 1

Return 0

EndFunc ; ---> _XPDF_ToText

Original post on the french forum

Edited by jguinch

but your solution is not really free.

If you're interested in commercial licensing, please see the Glyph & Cog web site.

And I can not integrate them into a script.

In addition, the action you propose creates a TXT file, and I would like to avoid that.
I would like to retrieve the text directly from PDF to a variable in the script.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Not really free, yes..

But it's possible to read the stdout from pdftotext.exe (there is a command line parameter for), not necessary convert to a text file.

My _XPDF_Search function does not use a text file...

Have you looked at this?

Thanks.

I just analyzing this.

Its look like DeltaRocked wants to do exactly the same thing.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

for now I have this:

#include<string.au3>
#include <array.au3>
#include "zlib_udf.au3"

_Example()
Exit

Func _Example()
    _Zlib_Startup("zlib1.dll")
;~ Normal PDFs
    Local $file = FileOpenDialog('Select PDF file', @ScriptDir, 'Searchable PDF File (*.pdf)', 0, 'test.pdf')
    Local $var = _GetTxtFromPDF($file)
    MsgBox(1, 'test', $var)
EndFunc   ;==>_Example

Func _GetTxtFromPDF($fullfilename)
    Local $start_obj = '(?i)\d* \d* obj'
    Local $start_pt = '(?i) obj'
    Local $end_pt = '(?i)endobj'
    Local $strpos = 0, $length = 10, $count_loop, $ex_data, $Decompressed, $header, $binlen, $aDecomperessed, $iRegExp_Error
    Local $start_ex_pt = '(?i)>>\s*stream' ; & '\r\n' ;at the end of the string. this will include @CR @LF in the search.
    Local $end_ex_pt = '(?i)endstream' ;'\r\n' & ; at the start of the string
    Local Enum $CRYPT_STRING_BASE64X509CRLHEADER = 9, $CRYPT_STRING_HEXADDR, $CRYPT_STRING_HEXASCIIADDR, $CRYPT_STRING_HEXRAW

If Not FileExists($fullfilename) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $sData = FileRead($fullfilename)
;~  MsgBox(1, '$sData', $sData)
    $start_array = StringRegExp($sData, $start_pt, 3)
    $start_obj_array = StringRegExp($sData, $start_obj, 3)
    $end_array = StringRegExp($sData, $end_pt, 3)
    FileDelete(@ScriptDir & '\test.log')
    FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\test.log', 'Analyzing ' & $fullfilename & @CRLF)

If IsArray($start_array) And IsArray($end_array) Then
        If UBound($start_array) == UBound($end_array) Then
            $count_loop = 1
            While $count_loop <= UBound($start_array)
                $start_pos = StringInStr($sData, $start_array[$count_loop - 1], 2, $count_loop) + StringLen($start_array[$count_loop - 1])
                $end_pos = StringInStr($sData, $end_array[$count_loop - 1], 2, $count_loop)
                $ex_data = StringMid($sData, $start_pos, $end_pos - $start_pos)
                If StringInStr($ex_data, 'stream', 2) And StringInStr($ex_data, '/flatedecode', 2) And StringInStr($ex_data, '/predictor', 2) == 0 And StringInStr($ex_data, '/BBox', 2) == 0 And StringInStr($ex_data, '/ASCIIHexDecode', 2) == 0 Then
;~              If StringInStr($ex_data, 'stream', 2) Then
                    $start_extract_array = StringRegExp($ex_data, $start_ex_pt, 3)
                    $end_extract_array = StringRegExp($ex_data, $end_ex_pt, 3)
                    If IsArray($start_extract_array) And IsArray($end_extract_array) Then
                        $start_ex_pos = StringInStr($ex_data, $start_extract_array[0], 2, 1) + StringLen($start_extract_array[0])
                        $end_ex_pos = StringInStr($ex_data, $end_extract_array[0], 2, 1)
                        $ex_ex_data = StringStripWS(StringMid($ex_data, $start_ex_pos, $end_ex_pos - $start_ex_pos), 3)
;~                      MsgBox(1, '$ex_ex_data', $ex_ex_data)
                        $binlen = BinaryLen($ex_ex_data)
                        $header = StringStripWS(StringLeft($ex_data, $start_ex_pos), 7) ; used for writing logs and has got nothing to do with the exracted stream
;~                      $Decompressed = zlib($ex_ex_data, $binlen)
                        $Decompressed = _Zlib_UncompressBinary($ex_ex_data, $binlen)
;~                      MsgBox(1, 'Info1', VarGetType($Decompressed))
;~                      MsgBox(1, 'Info2', $Decompressed)
;~                      ClipPut($Decompressed)

$Decompressed = BinaryToString($Decompressed)
;~                      Local $stest = @error
;~                      MsgBox(1, 'BinaryToString Error', $stest)
;~                      MsgBox(1, '$Decompressed', $Decompressed)
;~                      ClipPut($Decompressed)
;~                      MsgBox(1, '$Decompressed', $Decompressed)

;~                      $aDecomperessed = StringRegExp($Decompressed, '(?is)Td\R\[\((.*?)\)\] TJ', 3)
                        $aDecomperessed = StringRegExp($Decompressed, '(?s)(?(?=Td\R\[\()Td\R\[\((.*?)\] Tj|Tc\R\((.*?)\) Tj)', 3)
                        $iRegExp_Error = @error
;~                      If StringInStr($Decompressed, '/javascript', 2) <> 0 Or StringInStr($Decompressed, 'else if', 2) <> 0 Then
;~                          MsgBox(0,'Info','JS Decrypted')
;~                      FileWrite(@ScriptDir & '\test.log', $start_obj_array[$count_loop - 1] & @CRLF & $header & @CRLF & _
;~                              'BinaryLen of the extracted compressed stream = ' & $binlen & @CRLF & '-------------------------' & _
;~                              @CRLF & StringReplace(BinaryToString($Decompressed), '>><<', '>>' & @CRLF & '<<') & @CRLF & '-------------------------' & @CRLF)
;~                      EndIf
                        ConsoleWrite('! TESTING' & @CRLF)
                        ConsoleWrite($start_obj_array[$count_loop - 1] & @CRLF & $header & @CRLF & _
                                'BinaryLen of the extracted compressed stream = ' & $binlen & @CRLF & '-------------------------' & _
                                @CRLF & _
                                StringReplace($Decompressed, '>><<', '>>' & @CRLF & '<<') & _
                                @CRLF & '-------------------------' & @CRLF)
                        If $iRegExp_Error Then
;~                          MsgBox(1,'test1','')
                            Return SetError(3, $iRegExp_Error, '')
                        Else
;~                          MsgBox(1,'test2','')
                            Return SetError(0, 0, _ArrayToString($aDecomperessed, @CRLF))
                        EndIf
                    EndIf
                EndIf
                $count_loop += 1
            WEnd
;~             Return UBound($start_array)
            Return $Decompressed
        Else
            Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
        EndIf
    Else
        Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_GetTxtFromPDF

Remarks:

use the modifications done by ProgAndy

I still have some issue

ie.: 

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• 1 year later...

So, I'm looking into this and got it to decompress text in PDFs:

; YOU JUST NEED zlib1.dll
__Zlib_Startup()

$t = GetPdfStreamContent("MY.PDF")

ConsoleWrite($t & @CRLF)

Func GetPdfStreamContent($fullfilename) ;Finds streams within a PDF. Returns an Array with the streams starting at $strm_Array[1]
    Local $regex = '(?s)<<[^<]*?FlateDecode[^<]+?Length \d+[^<]*?>>[\r\n]*stream[\r\n]*(.*?)[\r\n]*endstream' ;this is regex, (\d+) will return length, @extended the position of the stream
    Local $sData = FileRead($fullfilename)
    Local $arr = StringRegExp($sData, $regex, 3)
    Local $out = ''
    For $i = 0 To UBound($arr) - 1
        $out &= BinaryToString(__ZLib_UncompressBinary($arr[$i]))
    Next
    Return $out
EndFunc   ;==>GetPdfStreamContent

Func __Zlib_Startup()
    Local $dllPath = @TempDir & '\' & @ScriptName & 'zlib1.dll'
    FileInstall('zlib1.dll', $dllPath, 1)
    Global $Zlib_Dll = DllOpen($dllPath)
EndFunc   ;==>__Zlib_Startup

; Decompresses data, you need to know how large the decompressed data will be.
Func __Zlib_Uncompress($CompressedPtr, ByRef $CompressedSize, $UncompressedPtr, $UncompressedSize)
    ; modified by ProgAndy
    $call = DllCall($Zlib_Dll, "int:cdecl", "uncompress", "ptr", $UncompressedPtr, "long*", $UncompressedSize, "ptr", $CompressedPtr, "long", $CompressedSize)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, -7)
    $CompressedSize = $call[2]
    Return $call[0]
EndFunc   ;==>__Zlib_Uncompress

Func __ZLib_UncompressBinary($bBinary, $iLength = 0)
    ; ProgAndy
    Local $i = 1, $tBuf, $iSize, $iRes
    Local $tBin = DllStructCreate("byte[" & BinaryLen($bBinary) & "]")
    DllStructSetData($tBin, 1, $bBinary)
    If $iLength < 1 Then $iLength = DllStructGetSize($tBin) * 2
    $bBinary = 0
    Do
        $tBuf = DllStructCreate("byte[" & $iLength * $i & "]")
        $iSize = DllStructGetSize($tBin)
        $iRes = __Zlib_Uncompress(DllStructGetPtr($tBin), $iSize, DllStructGetPtr($tBuf), DllStructGetSize($tBuf))
        $i += 1
    Until $iRes <> -5
    If $iRes <> 0 Then Return SetError($iRes, 0, "")
    $tBin = 0
    Return DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate("byte[" & $iSize & "]", DllStructGetPtr($tBuf)), 1)
EndFunc   ;==>__ZLib_UncompressBinary

Expecting text in PDF: "AU3"

Instead getting scary data structure:

/CIDInit /ProcSet findresource begin
12 dict begin
begincmap
/CMapType 2 def
/CMapName/R19 def
1 begincodespacerange
<00><ff>
endcodespacerange
3 beginbfrange
<01><01><0041>
<02><02><0055>
<03><03><0033>
endbfrange
endcmap
CMapName currentdict /CMap defineresource pop
end end

I can see ASCII in it spelling 41 55 33 or AU3 but CMap is more complicated than that. Any idea if there some something to decode CMap?

Edited by dexto
formating