Contol ID is not Unique

soum

Hi All!

I am automating a GUI using Auto-it. I am using the AU3Info to for getting the controlID of the contorl. It is returning same control IDs for the for a redio button and a Button. I need to check the radio button. So I am used the ClassNameNN but it is failing to check that radio button some times. I tried using "Text", still it failes some times.

Can any one please tell how to go about it?

Thanks & Regards

Soum

Hi All!

I am automating a GUI using Auto-it. I am using the AU3Info to for getting the controlID of the contorl. It is returning same control IDs for the for a redio button and a Button. I need to check the radio button. So I am used the ClassNameNN but it is failing to check that radio button some times. I tried using "Text", still it failes some times.

Thanks & Regards

Soum

If you need to check the state of the Radiobutton, use something llike:

This works:

If GUICtrlRead($button_1) = $GUI_Checked Then msgbox(0,"","")

Edited by Wb-FreeKill

Hi All!

Thanks & Regards

Soum

I am not sure to understand you are saying GUICtrlCreateRadio and GUICtrlCreateButton are returning the same ID.

Your script must be wrong you certainly GUICtrlDelete one of them and the next creation reallocate the same id.

It is more easy to help you if you post reproduction sample script. ;)

you are saying GUICtrlCreateRadio and GUICtrlCreateButton are returning the same ID.

Is he automating someone else's program or his own? I've seen some commercial software where controls were on top of each other and just made visible and invisible as needed. This causes AutoIT info to "see" both controls at the same time, but only one predominates. Perhaps he can test this by using ControlMove and see if he can now hover over the second control without interference from the first. Just a long shot...
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format