automate set service login window

hi guys,

i have a msi that installs a service as part of its installation. i get prompted for username/password to install this service like shown in this url (http://www.devx.com/supportitems/showSupportItem.php?co=32474&supportitem=figure14). i haven't been able to silently install this msi due to the set service login prompt. i am hoping autoit can provide a way to automate this. however i haven't had any success yet. i tried getting the title of the window and then sending the keystrokes to username/password field and that doesn't work. i tried au3record and that doesn't record the text i enter. not sure what else i can try. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

• Moderators

Username, Password, and Confirm password will all be public properties. I would suggest using an open source tool such as Orca to crack open the MSI and get the property names. You could then just install it like so:

ShellExecuteWait("msiexec.exe", '/i C:\My.msi PROPERTY1=VALUE1 PROPERTY2=VALUE2 /qb')

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

thanks guys. i looked at teh property table and wasn't able to see anything related to username/password fields. i also looked at the serviceinstall and service control and it is blank. can i set the values in controls table? if yes, how do i konw what dialog to change? i looked at the dialog preview as well but wasn't able to find anything related to set service login window. looks like its actual operating system that is bringing up that prompt. but within the msi itself, i dont see anything that suggests its trying to install a service. also any links to how msi database works would be appreciated.

thanks

Edited by iwanttolearn