Check if the computer is a laptop?

Go to solution Solved by strongy,

Did you try searching the forums before posting?

The user has a history of not searching before asking.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Here's one way to do it. 

Thank you!

The user has a history of not searching before asking.

I did a search for many things.

you just can't know that because in most cases I did not ask for things i was searching for ..

You're right,

I was supposed to do a search in this case too ..

I just was too tired. only today I did a search for few things ..

Lately I often do more searches. That's why I open threads here at low frequency.

Edited by Guest

• Moderators

You're right,

I was supposed to do a search in this case too ..

You should do a search in every case. The amount of help you receive in this forum is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put forth.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

You should do a search in every case. The amount of help you receive in this forum is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put forth.

This is what I do at this time.. but sometimes I make mistakes like what happened now.

Sometimes I'm stupid ... I had to do a search.

"The amount of help you receive in this forum is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put forth."

If I understand correctly what you wrote, you do not know and can not know how much effort I spend. You can not appreciate such a thing because you do not have enough information ..

This unnecessary post has evolved to spam (not related to the subject of the post) so I'll stop respond now ..

I just had to respond in this case

Edited by Guest

Perhaps another way without WMI is to use GetSystemPowerStatus and check if it has a battery via the SYSTEM_POWER_STATUS structure (BatteryFlag).  Here's a simple DLLCall and output of the data retrieved:

Local Const $tagSYSTEM_POWER_STATUS = "BYTE  ACLineStatus;BYTE  BatteryFlag;BYTE  BatteryLifePercent;BYTE  Reserved1;DWORD BatteryLifeTime;DWORD BatteryFullLifeTime;"
Local $stSysPowerStat = DllStructCreate($tagSYSTEM_POWER_STATUS)
Local $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "bool", "GetSystemPowerStatus", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stSysPowerStat))
ConsoleWrite("Return = " & $aRet[0] & ", Structure:" & @CRLF & _
    "ACLineStatus: " & DllStructGetData($stSysPowerStat, 1) & @CRLF & _
    "BatteryFlag: " & DllStructGetData($stSysPowerStat, 2) & @CRLF & _
    "BatteryLifePercent: " & DllStructGetData($stSysPowerStat, 3) & @CRLF & _
    "BatteryLifeTime: " & DllStructGetData($stSysPowerStat, 4) & @CRLF & _
    "BatteryFullLifeTime" & DllStructGetData($stSysPowerStat, 5) & @CRLF)

There's also some DeviceIoControl functions you can look at - see Battery Information @ MSDN.