ControlSend Problems with {PGDN} and {PGUP}

I am having some issues with Page Down and Page up and below is my sample code trying to figure out why Internet Explorer isn't receiving the page down and page up commands correctly due to it not scrolling at all.

I have some error checking and the ControlSend is correctly identifying the instance of Internet Explorer.

while $testLoop

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "PGDOWN", "PAGE DOWN")
    _WinAPI_SetFocus($IEHandle)

$pageDownClick = ControlSend("", "", $IEHandle, "{PGDN}")
    if $pageDownClick == 0 then
    ;
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error", "Failed to find IEWindow for PageDown")
    ;
    endif

$testLoop = $testLoopBool + 1
    if $testLoop == 6 then
    ;
        $testLoop = 0
    ;
    endif
;
wend

I'm not sure why you would need to scroll, but if you use the _IE* functions, you can get an element, and focus on it.

That will bring that element to be visible.

This would be the best way, but explain why you would want to scroll, if that's the case.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I am working on making a script for my job and the website is almost entirely javascript so I can't use a lot of the _IE functions. At least to my knowledge...

Regardless, this is the best solution I could come up with, since I have limited programming knowledge.

I am all ears of a better way to do it, I just need to be pointed in the right direction

Edited by Zeerti

Ok, then yes, that's basically your best option

ControlSend with "" as the window handle, sends to the active window, i believe.

You should instead force the send at a control in your IE window (the embedded browser/client)

$IEHandle = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:IEFrame]")

WinActivate($IEHandle)
ControlSend($IEHandle, "", "[CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server]", "{PGDN}")
Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

I was picking around the source for our website and part of it might be possible to do the way you mentioned.

<tr class="row-4 even">

-> <tr class="column-8">

-> -> <div class="ld-container" tid="websitename" action="/web/ajax_likes.php>

-> -> -> <button type ="button class= "ld-btn-enable" title="Enable device">

if I could call to press that specific button... the page has about 5-6 identical tr classes and buttons in total and so I'm not sure how to tell it to press the specific one in the row/column

Edited by Zeerti

Is the Div surrounding it unique?

If so, you can use my signature's example to grab the button by it's XPath...

such as the following, where $oIE is the return of _IEAttach, or _IECreate

$xpathButtons = "//div[@class='Id-container']/button"
$aoButtons = BGe_IEGetDOMObjByXPathWithAttributes ($oIE, $xpathButtons)
ConsoleWrite("There are [" & UBound($aoButtons) & "] objects matching your xpath.")

; loop through, and focus on all objects matching your xpath...you can change this to click on the first instance
For $i = 0 To UBound($aoButtons)-1
    $aoButtons[$i].focus
;~  $aoButtons[$i].click
Next
Edited by jdelaney

the outermost DIV that contains all the buttons is as follows:

<div id="tablepress-27_wrapper" class="datatables_wrapper" role="grid">

inside of that there are all the <tr class="row-x"> and in each row-x there is <td class="column-x> and in column-8 of each is the div class for what I assume is for the buttons? but the innermost div class to the enable/disable buttons has a unique TID but everything else is the same.

What you can do, is find a cell that has a specific value you are looking for.  Then, on that object (the td), use .parentnode (or something like that, quick google will find it), to grab the row object (tr)...then you can drill back down, relative to the row, to the button.

Edited by jdelaney