BBs19

MetroGUI UDF v5.1 - Windows 10 style buttons, toggles, radios, menu etc.

Very cool.

Can you provide example with Edit ?

btw.
please post it here:
https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/files/category/11-gui-additions/

What do you mean with edit? Normal GUICtrlCreateEdit?

GUICtrlCreateEdit("",20,200,200,100,-1,0); This makes it look flat as it removes the borders. I am not sure how it looks on Windows 7 though.

Ps.: I will post it there.

When running the example, no text shows on the buttons. Changing theme/text color does nothing; neither does running in Beta (although beta-run makes buttons fit into the GUI better)

Am I missing something?

Please try chaning the font to Arial or something. Maybe you don't have Callibri Light on your computer, that is the default font. Try: 

$Button1 = _Metro_CreateButton($GUI_HOVER_REG, "Button Style 1", 105, 250, 130, 40, $ButtonBKColor,  $ButtonTextColor, "Arial", 11)

Ps. Can you tell me on which Windows you are?

Its good but my only comment would be i cant make the check boxes or radio buttons smaller than 24 the slider and buttons etc are great but the check and radios seem out of proportion with the others

Now that you say it, i see it, too :P You can change it now for the radio:  

$Radio1 = _Metro_CreateRadio($GUI_HOVER_REG, 1, "Radio 1", 180, 70, 100, 26,$GUIThemeColor, $FontThemeColor, "Segoe UI", "11",  0, 22) ;< Last parameter tells the size for the circle.

For checkboxes it is a little harder, i am not sure how to calculate it so that the checkmark of the checkboxe doesn't gets deformated or misplaced using GDIPlus. I just started learning GDIPlus and I was never good at math :P I have just reduced it to 22px. UDF Updated in first post.

Ah thankyou, all working perfectly now. Had to download Calibri Light (available for free from thefonty.com)

I'm using Win7 Pro x64

Think switch block in main while loop can be easily shortened.

Switch $nMsg
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $ExitButton
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aExitButton[0])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aExitButton[1])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aMinimizeButton[0])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aMinimizeButton[1])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton2[0])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton2[1])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton1[0])
        _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton1[1])
        _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
        Exit
    Case $MinimizeButton
        GUISetState(@SW_MINIMIZE, $Form1)

Case $Button1
        MsgBox(64, "", "Button 1")
    Case $Button2
        MsgBox(64, "", "Button 2")
EndSwitch

Why not

Switch $nMsg
        For $l = 0 To 1 Step 1
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aExitButton[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aMinimizeButton[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton2[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton1[$l])
        Next
        _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
        Exit
    Case $MinimizeButton

Case $Button1
    Case $Button2
EndSwitch

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Why not

Switch $nMsg
        For $l = 0 To 1 Step 1
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aExitButton[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aMinimizeButton[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton2[$l])
            _WinAPI_DeleteObject($aButton1[$l])
        Next
        _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
        Exit
    Case $MinimizeButton

Case $Button1
    Case $Button2
EndSwitch

That was the very old code, but yes could have been also done that way. :)

It is all in a seperate function now, i tried to make it as efficient as possible now.

Looks good but button text doesn't show.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro x64.

examp.png

I don't know why there is no Calibri Light font on some Windows 7. Maybe you don't have all updates?

Try using other fonts like Arial or Segoe UI or something like that. I wouldn't use normal Calibri as it somehow doesn't have antialiasing when using GDIPlus.

Try:

$Button1 = _Metro_CreateButton($GUI_HOVER_REG, "Button Style 1", 105, 250, 130, 40, $ButtonBKColor,  $ButtonTextColor, "Arial", 11)

I don't know why there is no Calibri Light font on some Windows 7. Maybe you don't have all updates?

Try using other fonts like Arial or Segoe UI or something like that. I wouldn't use normal Calibri as it somehow doesn't have antialiasing when using GDIPlus.

Try:

Yep looks like this is the case, didn't have the font installed. Problem fixed.

I've found a bug with:

_Metro_MsgBox

Try create a variable with this sample: $mc = "C:\Users\steen\Desktop\Custom-Icon-Design-Flatastic-11-At.ico"

and use it with _Metro_MsgBox, like: _Metro_MsgBox("Metro MsgBox Example", "You have selected a new icon:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $mc, 350, 14, $Form1)

nvm, just delete this post, if i remove 350 and 14, then it works fine

It will crash

Edited by legend

Please education for a new GUI from scratch, you can record video when you set an example to us + design also can be done in this gui design Is kodadesing program? Please share the video you ;)

Please education for a new GUI from scratch, you can record video when you set an example to us + design also can be done in this gui design Is kodadesing program? Please share the video you ;)

Hmm.. I usually just create the GUI in Koda, then add the few lines required for UDF(you can use the example), replace the GUICreate, Buttons etc. with the with the metro udf functions by just replacing all. That is it :) It is mostly copy, paste and replace.

can you show an example of how to have multiple gui windows, so if you click a button,

it will create a new gui, and when you X it, then it removes the GUI again.

I tried that, but it will make the orginal gui stock, and not able to be moved

Is it really not possible to change the state of a radiobox, but only a toggle and a checkbox,

why would there even be a radiobox in the udf, if you can't check if it's selected or not 0_o

http://prntscr.com/ad909v

Edited by legend

hi,

i want to use  MetroGUI UDF v3  in my script. I need help to create a message box using  _Metro_MsgBox. but in metro udf MsgBox  contains only one button i need two button in my message box. And also i have to run some code if user click on each button in msgbox. Please help me.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By rdaneelol
      I have a strange behavior in an Autoit program.  
      The program works perfectly in the original environment I created the program for - for Windows 7 and Office  2010.
      My workplace is migrating to Windows 10 with Office 2016.  When I run this program in that new environment,  the code actually executes without any errors, however, the excel process which was opened to read a spreadsheet/workbook does not close while the program is running.  If you exit the program, the excel process ends at that point...
      I could ignore this behavior - one little excel process hanging out there is not going to kill anything, however - it just bugs me !
      While troubleshooting the issue, I placed a number of error checks after the excel close - and the close actually reports that it is successful. 
      I tried a few varieties of closing the excel process, and none of the methods tried seemed to actually work as well at the one in my code - the only downside being that it has to wait until the program finishes to actually close.
      Any ideas on why an excel close would hang until program exit ?

Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open(False, False, False, False, True) If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $sUserRoleMenuXLS, False, true ) If @error Then     MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF", "Error opening workbook '" & $sUserRoleMenuXLS & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)     _Excel_Close($oExcel, False, False)  Exit EndIf ;  this section will find the user id in the first 3 columns of the user/menu spreadsheet, and if it finds it - returns the value stored in the cell 2 locations to the right... With $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range("A:C").Find (@UserName)     $Match = .Find (@UserName)     If (Not IsObj($Match)) or (stringlen($Match.Offset(0, 2).value) = 0)    Then         MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, 'UIPLauncher Error', 'No Menu assigned for user - Contact Support.') ; Display a warning if the script isn't compiled or the file doesn't exist.         ;_Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook, False)         _Excel_Close($oExcel, false, false)         Exit     Else         Local  $cResult = $Match.Offset(0, 2).value     EndIf EndWith $oWorkbook.Saved = True _Excel_BookClose($oWorkbook, False) _Excel_Close($oExcel, false, false) ;close does not seem to work on windows 10 and office 2016  
    • By Yodavish
      My AutoIt script works fine, for the most part, however, if it goes idle for roughly 30 minutes, it will won't be able to send data to a 3rd party application window titled, "Case #". 
      The problem lies within the function "SendFusion", it's able to see the handle for the "WinActivate" and "WinWaitActivate" (I've also tried putting in 10 seconds in the WinWaitActivate as well, doesn't work). However, if we have been idle, it will always fail to send data afterward. On what I've tried so far:
      "Send" function with the data and a {ENTER} i.e. Send($CaseTxt & "{ENTER}"), this won't even hit the enter key  ControlSetText, tried passing the handle from WinActivate, using the title "Case #" that was copied directly from the Autoit Window Info, hard coding the title, Using CLASS:WindowsForms10... always returns a 0 ControlCommand (same as above) always returns a 0 ControlGetFocus always returns a 0 ControlFocus, always returns a 0 Creating a new and simple Au3 script that just sends data to "Case #", also fails NOTE: If I close the Au3 script and just scan the data directly into the "Case #" or even type it, it works fine with no issues. I'm confused as to why it would not work after a long idle period?
      Below are the essential parts of the script, I can provide the entire thing if needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Process.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; Only one instance can run ;--------------------------------------------------------------- If _Singleton("gross.exe", 1) = 0 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Warning", "Gross.exe is already running. Please exit the existing version first (check the icons in the lower right corner of your screen) before running it again.") Exit EndIf ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; AutoIt Options ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) ; Change to OnEvent mode Opt("WinWaitDelay", 0) ; Alters how long a script should briefly pause after a successful window-related operation. Time in milliseconds to pause (default=250). Opt("WinTextMatchMode", 1) ; Alters the method that is used to match window text during search operations. 2 = Quick mode Opt("SendKeyDelay", 0) ; Alters the length of the brief pause in between sent keystrokes. A value of 0 removes the delay completely. Time in milliseconds to pause (default=5). if ($fusionWindowTitle="NONE" or $fusionCaseNumWinTitle="NONE" or $appWindowTitle="NONE" or $winActivateTimeout="NONE" or $winCloseTimeout="NONE" or $winWaitTimeout="NONE" or $pdfViewerWidth="NONE" or $pdfViewerHeight="NONE" or $pdfViewerLeft="NONE" or $pdfViewerWindowName="NONE" or $pdfViewerExeName="NONE" or $pdfUrl="NONE" or $pdfDownloadCommand="NONE") Then Msgbox(0,"ERROR", "gross.ini is missing or does not contain all settings. Please contact Help Desk with this information") Exit -1 EndIf ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; application settings/constants ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") Global Const $[VARIABLE] = IniRead("gross.ini", "default", "[TitleOfVariable]", "NONE") ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; create the main window ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Local $mainWindow = GUICreate($appWindowTitle, 380, 190) ; create the main GUI window GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "handleCloseClick") ; when the click the windows close button call handleCloseClick() WinSetOnTop($appWindowTitle, '', 1) ; Sets main GUI always on top ;--------------------------------------------------------------- ; create the controls on the main window ;--------------------------------------------------------------- Local $okButton = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 160, 160, 54,24) ; create OK button GUICtrlSetOnEvent($okButton, "validateInput") ; when they click ok, call handleInputProcessRequest() GUICtrlCreateLabel("Scan Input", 10, 10) ; create a label Global $inputScan = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10,134,358) ; create the input scan box GUICtrlSetOnEvent($inputScan, "validateInput") ; when they press enter in the scan input box, call handleInputProcessRequest() GUICtrlSetState($inputScan,$GUI_FOCUS) ; automatically sets focus on the input field GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; main GUI loop that runs at all times ;--------------------------------------------------------------- While 1 ;---------------------------------------------------------- ; If sumatraPDF active, resets focus back to GUI ;---------------------------------------------------------- If WinActive($pdfViewerWindowName) Then consoleWrite('While Loop sumatraPDF was active' & @CRLF) setMainWindow() ;---------------------------------------------------------- ; After data sent to ProTracker, check for mismatch ; save button to trigger the event handler when clicked ;---------------------------------------------------------- ElseIf WinActive($proTrackerWindowTitle) Then $ie = _IEAttach("ProTracker") $mismatchButton = _IEGetObjByName($ie, $proTrackerMisMatchButtonId) $oEvent = ObjEvent($mismatchButton, "mismatchButton_") If @error Then setMainWindow() ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ; If Fusion is prompting for the case #, focus back to main GUI input ; If second GUI 'Unknown' detect do nothing ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ElseIf WinExists($fusionWindowTitle) and WinExists($fusionCaseNumWinTitle) and Not WinActive($mainWindow) and Not WinExists('Unknown Input') Then setMainWindow() EndIF ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Checks if $processFlag = Done, if so, shows PDF viewer and clears ; processFlag for next iteration ;--------------------------------------------------------------------- IF WinExists($pdfViewerWindowName) and $processFlag == 'Done' Then WinSetState ($pdfViewerWindowName, '', @SW_SHOW) $processFlag = '' setMainWindow() EndIF Sleep(100) ; Sleep to reduce CPU usage WEnd Func handleInputProcessRequest($input) $processFlag = True Local $hTimer = TimerInit() consoleWrite('> handleInputProcessRequest: ' & @CRLF) Local $idInput = identifyInput($input) ; Select a proccess to run based on id input Select Case $idInput = "container" ; regex that captures only the case number $caseTxt = StringUpper(StringRegExpReplace($strippedInputData, '\??(\w*\d*-\d*|\d*).*$','$1')) If WinExists($fusionWindowTitle) and WinExists($fusionCaseNumWinTitle) Then sendProTracker(StringUpper($strippedInputData)) sendFusion($caseTxt) ; gets pdf for sumatraPDF in seperate script, since that function is the slowest Run("viewPDF.exe " & $caseTxt) ;getSumatraPDF($caseTxt) $lastCaseNum = $caseTxt Else ; Checks to make sure the previous "Container" case num is the same ; to the current Container case num, before sending to ProTracker If($lastCaseNum <> $caseTxt) Then ; If not the same case number send alert sound SoundPlay("error.wav") Else sendProTracker($strippedInputData) EndIf EndIf Case $idInput = "user" sendProTracker($strippedInputData) Case $idInput = "cassette" sendProTracker(StringUpper($strippedInputData)) Case $idInput = "unknown" selectUnknown() EndSelect Local $fDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer) $processFlag = 'Done' consoleWrite('> handleInputProcessRequest Completed Total time: ' & $fDiff & ' ' &@CRLF&@CRLF&@CRLF) EndFunc Func sendFusion($caseTxt)     Local $hTimer = TimerInit()     consoleWrite('+ sendFusion initiated: ' & $caseTxt & @CRLF)     If $caseTxt = "" Then         MsgBox(0, "Error", "Not a valid case number")     Else         ;$fusionCaseNumWinTitle = "Case #"         $retVal1 = WinActivate($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "")         consoleWrite("ReturnValue WinActivate " & $retVal1 & @CRLF)         $retVal2 = WinWaitActive($fusionCaseNumWinTitle,"",$winActivateTimeout)         consoleWrite("ReturnValue WinWaitActive: " & $retVal2 & @CRLF)         $retVal3 = ControlSetText($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", "", $caseTxt)         ;$retVal3 = ControlCommand($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", "", "EditPaste", $caseTxt)         consoleWrite("ReturnValue ControlSetText: " & $retVal3 & @CRLF)         ;Send($caseTxt & "{ENTER}")         WinWaitClose($fusionCaseNumWinTitle, "", $winCloseTimeout)         consoleWrite('+ sendFusion WinWaitClose: ' & @CRLF)     EndIf     Local $fDiff = TimerDiff($hTimer)     ConsoleWrite('+ sendFusion Completed Total time:' & $fDiff & ' ' & @CRLF) EndFunc
      Console logs from the SciTLE
      Window (x86) Info matches the correct handle for the WinActivate and WinWaitActivate

Window Control (x86) Info, I've tried the CLASS, the ID, also I just noticed that the "handle" in "Control" and "Window" appear to be different as well.

So far the only work-around is to close down the 3rd party application and the AutoIt script, re-open them and it works all completely fine. But this is a pain for the end-user since it's all touch screen and it slows down their workflow, which they can be extremely sensitive about.

• By antonioj84
      I am not able to use the $GUI_READ_EXTENDED with the  Metro UDF,  any work around ?
      Local $aPos[2] = [$Radio1, $Radio2] For $Radio In $aPos If GUICtrlRead($Radio) = $GUI_UNCHECKED Then ContinueLoop IniWrite($sGUIstate_IniFile, "Data", "POS", GUICtrlRead($Radio, $GUI_READ_EXTENDED)) ;; return the text of the menu item ExitLoop Next  
    • By taylansan
      Hello All, 
      If you're interested in the story, read below. Otherwise, just jump to the end of the post. 
      Story: 
      Sometimes my computer goes crazy with Windows update. I tried to turn it off with "services.msc", but couldn't close the it. So, I did some research online that it's triggered by Update Orchestration and Task Scheduler and Windows Update. I also checked that all three processes are triggered by svchost.exe.

So, I tried to make a script to close this process. I found some useful functions ProcessList and _ProcessGetName using the help documents and coded something as below: 
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Process.au3> Local $aProcessList = ProcessList() For $i = 1 To $aProcessList[0][0] $iPid = $aProcessList[$i][1] $sName = _ProcessGetName($iPid) MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "The process", "PID: " & $iPid & @CRLF & "NAME: " & $sName) If $sName = "svchost.exe" Then ;ProcessClose($iPid) ;I don't know if this is the process I want to close EndIf Next But the problem is; there are so many svchost.exe exists in the process list. I can't close all of them, some of them are essential to run Windows (well, accidentally I terminated some of them and ended up with a blue screen  
      ---------------
      Well, how can I know the process name like "Service Host: Update Orchestration" (not the scvhost)?
      It's not only with the .exe file, just to the name shown in Windows.