I need to read a file then randomize its contents

Can you modify the function CreateRandomTemp()?

Func CreateRandomTemp()
    Local $2D_Array = StringSplitW(FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\Video.ini"), "=")
    _ArrayDisplay($2D_Array)
    Shuffle_Array($2D_Array)
    _ArrayDisplay($2D_Array)
    Local $hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\RandomizeTemp.ini", 2)
    FileWrite($hFile, _ArrayToString2($2D_Array, "="))
    FileClose($hFile)
EndFunc

Is the array $2D_Array displayed 2 times?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It still returns a zero in the RandomizeTemp.ini There is only one Zero in the file. I dont understand what you are asking. Did you try to compile what you are modifying with the code I posted? Why is everything I try returning a zero?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

For me your code from post #20 works properly when I use this file:

Video.ini

12345=video1.mpg
23456=video2.mpg
34567=video3.mpg

It creates RandomizeTemp.ini with e.g. this content:

23456=video2.mpg
12345=video1.mpg
34567=video3.mpg

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

You cannot display arrays with MsgBox() function. Use instead _ArrayDisplay($2D_Array).

Br,

UEZ

Do I need to pass it to a variable? When I replace the msgbox line with your code and run it I get nothing. I cant find documentation for it in english.

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

83948100026=Annihilator.wmv
83948100685=bouquet_of_mines.wmv
83948100263=Dragon_Slayer.wmv
83948100657=fearsome_finale.wmv
83948100691=four_times_as_fun.wmv
8394810021400234=Furious_Fireworks.wmv
83948100658=Gargantuan.wmv
83948100692=Glitters.wmv
83948100268=Hard_Head.wmv
83948100243=Home_Run.wmv
83948100238=its_a_winner.wmv
83948100605=just_plain_beautiful.wmv
83948100296=Killer_Spider.wmv
83948100286=Mystery_Mines.wmv
83948100284=Night_Blitz.wmv
83948100237=No_Fear.wmv
83948100264=sky_dancer.wmv
83948100201=willow_tree.wmv
83948100607=Z_alpha_&_Z_omega.wmv

I uninstalled and deleted the autoit and scite installations. I deleted the autoit directory and then reinstalled everything and I am getting the same results. All I get is a zero in the RandomizeTemp.ini. Suggestions? I am not using the beta version of Autoit.

Which AutoIt version you are using exactly? Is there any error in the SciTE output console?

Btw, I modified the _ArrayToString2() function because the check for 2D arrays was wrong.

Br,

UEZ

Console said this:

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "I:\Programming\Barcode Video Player New Autoit Version\test.au3"
+>16:13:03 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.0 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
-> 1 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (3.3.10.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:I:\Programming\Barcode Video Player New Autoit Version\test.au3
+>16:13:07 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.10.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "I:\Programming\Barcode Video Player New Autoit Version\test.au3" /out "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3knarapo.exe" /nopack /comp 2 /x64
+>16:13:08 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU3knarapo.exe. rc:0
+>16:13:08 Created program:I:\Programming\Barcode Video Player New Autoit Version\Test.exe
+>16:13:09 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 6.614

Autoit 3.3.10.2

I have tried saving and compiling and manually running the exe and I also tried just going to tools then run. Same results for both.

Edited by computergroove

Where is your ini file located? Must be in folder I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Version

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

What happens if you open the script in SciTE and hit F5? What does the console in SciTE display?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Where is your ini file located? Must be in folder I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Version

Br,

UEZ

Its in I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Version

My script is compiled there as well

What happens if you open the script in SciTE and hit F5? What does the console in SciTE display?

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3" /UserParams    

+>16:37:53 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.0 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)

+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE

>Running AU3Check (3.3.10.2)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3

+>16:37:53 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.3.10.2):C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3autoit3_x64.exe "I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3"    

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop

+>16:37:53 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0

+>16:37:53 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.

>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.6689

Next try. Can you create "I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit VersionTest2.au3" and post the SciTE output?

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n
#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=Test.exe
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#Include <File.au3>
#Include <Array.au3>
;~ #include <string.au3>

Global $Videos ;File located in ScriptDir. User editable. Never deleted. Master list of barcodes and files associated with video files.
Global $RandomizeTemp ;File created by the program for the purpose of storing a random temporary list of video files to be played as a screen saver while the program waits for a barcode to be scanned
Global $Temp ;Temporary location for reading Videos.ini and manipulating the data for RandomizeTemp.ini and creating the links for the barcodes with the video files
Global $Paused ;Pause the script with the pause key on the keyboard
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause") ;Ties the pause function to the Pause key
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "Terminate") ;Ties the exit program function to the ESC key

FileDelete("temp.ini");Deletes temp.ini so it can be recreated with current data

CreateRandomTemp()

Func CreateRandomTemp()
    Local $sString = FileRead(@ScriptDir & "\Video.ini")
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $sString = ' & $sString & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
    Local $2D_Array = StringSplitW($sString, "=")
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $2D_Array = ' & $2D_Array & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
    Shuffle_Array($2D_Array)
    Local $hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\RandomizeTemp.ini", 2)
    ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $hFile = ' & $hFile & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console
    FileWrite($hFile, _Array2DToString($2D_Array, "="))
    ConsoleWrite("FileWrite: " & @error & @CRLF)
    FileClose($hFile)
EndFunc

Func _Array2DToString($array, $sDelimiter = ";") ;coded by UEZ 2014
    If Not IsArray($array) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If UBound($array, 0) > 2 Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) ;up to 2D arrays only
    Local $iW, $iH, $sString
    For $iH = 0 To UBound($array) - 1
        For $iW = 0 To UBound($array, 2) - 1
            $sString &= $array[$iH][$iW] & $sDelimiter
        Next
        $sString = ($iH < UBound($array) - 1) ? StringTrimRight($sString, 1) & @CRLF : StringTrimRight($sString, 1)
    Next
    Return $sString
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

; #FUNCTION# ========================================================================================================================================
; Name .................:   StringSplitW()
; Description ..........:   Splits  a string into columns instead of rows as it is done by SplitString(), like a csv file to a 2d array ;-)
; Syntax ...............:   StringSplitW($sString, $sDelimiter, $iWidthLen)
; Parameters ...........:   $sString - string to split
;                           $sDelimiter - [optional] the delimter how to split the string
;                           $iWidthLen - [optional] length of the row (amount of columns - default is 256)
; Return values .......:    Success - 2d array
;                           Error 1 - either $sString or $delimter is not set
;                           Error 2 - array width exceeded
;                           Error 3 - error splitting string
;
; Version .............:    v0.96 build 2015-01-20 beta
; Author ..............:    UEZ
; Modified ............:
; Remarks .............:    RegEx take from http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4476812/regular-expressions-how-to-replace-a-character-within-quotes
; Related .............:    StringSplit, StringReplace, StringRegExpReplace, StringLen, StringStripCR
; ===================================================================================================================================================
Func StringSplitW($sString, $sDelimiter = ";", $sQuotationMark = '"', $sDummy = "¦", $iWidthLen = 256)
    If $sString = "" Or $sDelimiter = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Local $chk, $iWidth, $i, $j, $k, $iLen, $iMax = 1, $iMaxWidth
    Local $aPos[1], $l = 0
    Local $aSplit =  StringSplit(StringStripCR($sString), @LF)
    If @error Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
    Local $aVertical[$aSplit[0]][$iWidthLen], $iDelimiterLen = StringLen($sDelimiter) - 1, $sLine
    For $k = 1 To $aSplit[0]
        $iLen = StringLen($aSplit[$k])
        If $iLen > 1 Then
            $sLine = StringRegExpReplace($aSplit[$k], '(?m)\' & $sDelimiter & '(?=[^' & $sQuotationMark & ']*' & $sQuotationMark & '(?:[^' & $sQuotationMark & '\r\n]*' & $sQuotationMark & '[^' & $sQuotationMark & ']*' & $sQuotationMark & ')*[^' & $sQuotationMark & '\r\n]*$)', $sDummy)
            $chk = StringReplace($sLine, $sDelimiter, $sDelimiter)
            $iWidth = @extended
            If $iWidth > $iWidthLen Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
            If $iWidth >= $iMax Then $iMax = $iWidth + 1
            Switch $iWidth
                Case 0
                    $aVertical[$l][0] = $sLine
                Case Else
                    Dim $aPos[$iWidth * 2 + 2]
                    $j = 1
                    $aPos[0] = 1
                    For $i = 0 To $iWidth - 1
                        $aPos[$j] = StringInStr($sLine, $sDelimiter, 0, $i + 1) - 1
                        $aPos[$j + 1] = $aPos[$j] + 2 + $iDelimiterLen
                        $j += 2
                    Next
                    $aPos[UBound($aPos) - 1] = StringLen($sLine)
                    $j = 0
                    For $i = 0 To UBound($aPos) - 1 Step 2
                        $aVertical[$l][$j] = StringMid(StringReplace($sLine, $sDummy, $sDelimiter), $aPos[$i], $aPos[$i + 1] - $aPos[$i] + 1)
                        $j += 1
                    Next
                EndSwitch
                $l += 1
        EndIf
    Next
    ReDim $aVertical[$l][$iMax]
    Return $aVertical
EndFunc

; #FUNCTION# ======================================================================================
; Name ................:    Shuffle_Array()
; Version .............:    v0.50 build 2011-05-24 beta
; Description .......:  Shuffles an array - support 1D and 2D arrays only
; Syntax ..............:    Shuffle_Array(ByRef $array, $startindex = 0, $endindex = 0)
; Parameters ........:  $array - the array to shuffle
;                               $startindex = from which index to start the shuffling
;                               $endindex = to which index to start the shuffling; 0 means last index of the array
; Return values ....:   True
;                               Failure 1 - $array is not an array
;                               Failure 2 - array has more than 2 dimensions
;                               Failure 3 - array is empty
;                               Failure 4 -  $startindex / $endindex are set wrongly
; Author ..............:    UEZ
; Modified ............:
; Remarks ............:
; Related ..............:   Array
; =================================================================================================
Func Shuffle_Array(ByRef $array, $startindex = 0, $endindex = 0)
    If Not IsArray($array) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If UBound($array, 0) > 2 Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    If UBound($array) = 1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
    Local $u1
    If Not $endindex Then
        $u1 = UBound($array) - 1
    Else
        If $endindex > $startindex And $endindex < UBound($array) Then
            $u1 = $endindex
        Else
            Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If UBound($array, 2) Then
        Local $aSwap[1][UBound($array, 2)], $u2 = UBound($array, 2) - 1
        Local $i, $j, $r
        For $i = $startindex To $u1
            $r = Random($startindex, $u1, 1)
            For $j = 0 To $u2
                $aSwap[0][$j] = $array[$i][$j]
                $array[$i][$j] = $array[$r][$j]
                $array[$r][$j] = $aSwap[0][$j]
            Next
        Next
    Else
        Local $aSwap[1]
        For $i = $startindex To $u1
            $r = Random($startindex, $u1, 1)
            $aSwap[0] = $array[$i]
            $array[$i] = $array[$r]
            $array[$r] = $aSwap[0]
        Next
    EndIf
    Return 1
EndFunc

Any AV installed?

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Same output. Avast keeps coming up when I try to run the compiled exe..Let me try to disable it.

Here's the output.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3"
+>16:55:57 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.0 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/Service Pack 1  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (3.3.10.2)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3
+>16:55:59 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.10.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit Versiontest.au3" /out "C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3wpqppwm.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>16:56:00 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:UsersuserAppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3wpqppwm.exe. rc:0
+>16:56:00 Created program:I:ProgrammingBarcode Video Player New Autoit VersionTest2.exe
+>16:56:00 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 3.64

Edited by computergroove