Program give value / data to another program alternatives?

Go to solution Solved by water,

Hy everyone,

I have a kinda idiot question, but i do not know it is posible or not. I guess posible, but dunno how to do.

So i have a count down timer (simple AutoIT script) like example:

Local $Timer = 1000

do $timer = $timer - 1
sleep(1000)
until $timer = 0
beep(500, 500) ;or anything

And have another program, where i need the information, the timer rich 0. Up till now i come up with a simple idea and it is work. When it  is rich 0, it write something in file, and with other program i reading that file time to time, if it have anything in or not.

Can i send the $timer or his value somehow to the target program? Or maybe can make a send key order and the target program have hotkey on that key, also can work... I want it, cause while the script counting down, nothing else it can do, since the loop is still runing. Do i am think wrong?

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)

Hi there,

Just an ideia for your issue, and what about a registry value?

When time reaches 0 write a regvalues and the other program will probe that value is 0.

Cheers!

Old Scriptology

Visual Ping 1.8 - Mass Ping Program with export to txt delimited.

Desktop 2 RGB and YMCK - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB and YMCK code.

Desktop 2 RGB - Pick a color in the desktop and get the RGB code.

ShootIT 1.0 - Screen Capture full and partial screen

[font="'Arial Black';"]Remember Remember The Fifth of November.[/font]

Thank you for the answares, and let me replay.

//to libreau3 - This is kinda new aspect, but i will check it, and try to understand the codes in help file, to be able to use it on my own way. As i could understand on a first look, this function will "simulate" a server, and the other function (send) will send file / message with useing TCP local network. Right? It is bit complicate for a simple script, but can be useful later, when i will have enough experience.

Can not i just send message (value) with controlsend or similar order then this? For controlSend i need a window handle on the main script, but i do not have, since it is not nessery. The main program is only controlling my PCTV record stuffs.

This is just kinda extra stuff, when i do not have time to watch the movie or i am not at home, and it is cuting out the commercials. Unfortunately the PCTV have no control IDs. When i checked with AutoIT info tool, i had to notice that. All the button are coded the similar way i guess, like file menu on notepad. (just an idea, i do not know how they did exactly) So i had to use a way, like sending mouse click on a specific location (Record button) by useing the PCTV window handle.

//to November - To tell you honestly, i am kinda beginer on programing, and i do not wana mess up my registry with makeing mistakes, and it is familiar with writeing something into a normal file, then the other program, just checking if the file size changed, if yes, it read it into $var and if $var = with something, then i got what i want. But this is what i just wrote down in the first post. :/

Sry for my bad English, and double sry, but I am learning AutoIT language by myself. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]

You can't teach a man anything, you can only help him, find it within himself. (Galileo Galilei)

• Solution

Have a look at AdLibRegister. This (nearly) allows to run two functions at the same time.

It interrupts the main script every n milliseconds to call a function and then returns to the main script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I had no other idea how to make the count down timer, to be able to exit from script after X hrs, cause the movie end on TV.

Between, i need only the timer to exit, nothing else. Wont make much more complicate the program, cause it support 100% what i wanted. It make X part movie, between the commercials, then all what i have to do, put them in playlist and watch them.

To call it as ini file or normal txt it is the same. 1 program have to write example "stop" and other have to read the file, if "stop" is there or not.

//to water - I will look after that, sounds very good.

Edited part:

I did read it, and looks like it will solve my problem, all what i have to do, to time properly the script run.

Do i have to unregister the function for it, or it is only if that function have an example while loop, what is never end.

Or unregister, when i do not need to have run it anymore?

Simple other question. How i have to understand this?

$iCount += 1

Dont know what does += mean exactly. :/

Edited by TrickyDeath

[u]Tricky[/u]

According to the help file: "Addition assignment. e.g. $vVar += 1     (adds 1 to $vVar)"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thank you for the help file link. Did not saw that yet.

So i do not have to use:

$var = $var + 1

Just $var += 1

Helpful stuff. :)

[u]Tricky[/u]