how can AutoIt recognize the third party control

I am doing auto-test on my software using AutoIt. The software was developed by MFC and objective grid.

AutoIt window info can't recognize the grid content. Anyone knows how to recognize it.

Does AutoIt have some interface that can support users to register the third party software? I know TestComplete has SDK and can support it.

hello wangjing020404, welcome to AutoIt and to the forum!

you may need the UI Automation framework - that's the first topic in the "Example Scripts" forum:

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

Developers here have had to add public dll calls into our software to manipulate stingray controls...such as getting the column names, properties, etc.

A workaround would be to controlfocus, then controlsend Ctrl+A...grab all the data to the buffer, and parse on @crlf and then @tab.

This will give you an array of all the data, find the row you want, and the controlsend Home, and controlsend downarrow to your record.

The UIAutomation will not provide you with what you need.

Edited by jdelaney
IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.