Can Autoit read a programs memory?

1. I have read in some places that AUTOIT can read a programs memory but I have also read that only an older version can read memory.  Can anyone tell me if the latest version can read memory and if so do I need any other estensions or programs to read memory.  Getting the addresses is no problem.

2.  Anyone have an example script of retrieving a value from an address?

Thanks.

Basically I need a script that retrieves 2 memory addresses (address "A" and address "B") and then runs a script based on which is greater value.

If address "A" value is greater than "B" then save that file. (I have a script for saving the file)

• Developers

:think: ... 2 posts in 8 minutes and when checking previous behaviour several closed topics are found.

What about you giving a good explanation on what you really want knowing what our forumrules are?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I run a custom streaming/recording program.  When my video file gets to size "A" compared to size "B" I need it to switch hard drives.

Size A = current HD -10%.

size B = HD that Is currently active.

I have a program that monitors my HD's with a total of 20 HD's at once (custom set up for professional use.)

• Developers

You are sure you can't simply read the controls on the program window?

What is the program used?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Yes, I can read the controls on the program window, and if thats all I was doing I could manually switch/monitor HD's all day long.  The problem is that my equipment is designed to be monitored by people and I do not always have somene available.

Can you detail the exact steps you would take to manually switch the Hard Drives during record?  That way we can all start at the beginning before running off to read memories.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• Developers

Yes, I can read the controls on the program window, and if thats all I was doing I could manually switch/monitor HD's all day long.  The problem is that my equipment is designed to be monitored by people and I do not always have somene available.

Not sure you understood me...  With "reading the controls" I meant read by an AutoIt3 script.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I can write 90% of this script myself.  I just need help with the memory portion. 

- I need the script to grab 2 memory values, we can call them "A" and "B"

- If value "A" is greater that "B" execute function _swap else nothing.

• Moderators

You keep stating what you want, but not responding to those requesting more info (boththose) or those trying to offer you much easier alternatives (Jos). You need to add some effort here as well if you want to resolve your issue.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I apologize if I am not being clear.  If someone can answer a few questions I will be out of your hair.

1. Can the newest version of autoit be used to read memory?

2.  Do I need any other extensions for autoit to read memory?  If so which?

3.  Please give me an example script to retrieve the value at address 328343823 (i understand how statics and everything else works)

Thank you.

1. Can the newest version of autoit be used to read memory? Yes

2.  Do I need any other extensions for autoit to read memory?  No

3.  Please give me an example script to retrieve the value at address 328343823 (i understand how statics and everything else works) I doubt you'll get that when even when asked directly on multiple occasions to answer a question you refuse.

Best of luck.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I apologize if I am not being clear.  If someone can answer a few questions I will be out of your hair.

1. Can the newest version of autoit be used to read memory?

2.  Do I need any other extensions for autoit to read memory?  If so which?

3.  Please give me an example script to retrieve the value at address 328343823 (i understand how statics and everything else works)

Thank you.

You keep stating you want to read memory.

WE GOT THAT.

We are asking you something and you are not answering our questions.

Why does it have to read memory?

Why can't you hook into the control?

Can you give us a screenshot of the application?

Is it possible to simply monitor the GUI for changes and then perform an action with what is displayed on the screen?

Understand you are not being forthcoming and it is getting a bit annoying that you keep just asking about memory reading

THINK BEFORE YOU ANSWER. If you keep just asking about memory reading a moderator will get annoyed and lock the thread. We are glad to help but you HAVE to be forthcoming with information.

Edited by MBALZESHARI

Maybe an additional direction. What kind of information is au3info.exe giving you. Most likely you do not have to read the memory address and there are easier ways to accomplish what you want like checking file size or monitoring drive space available. Controlgettext could work.search for iuiautomation in examples forum its in the main 5 threads of examples. Reading memory can be done but most likely is only needed when you are cheating games.