Program Tags

Shyke

its a program called resource hacker and i tried 10 different links and its not there anymore

maybe someone else will find a location for you...

sorry

8)

I have resource hacker on my desktop, whenevr I try to use it after the program is compiled, it always gives me no longer working crap.

mine is in my autoit folder

program files > autoit3 > reshack

then

in Scite... i press tools > compile... the look at th tabs on the compiler...

then and maybe this is wrong on my part.. when i try to compile i get an error... i close the error then press

in scite... > tools > beta compile and its done

(the reason i dont just go to beta compile the first time is because i dont get that "tab" screen to do the setup that i want

8)

NEWHeader1.png

If im not mistaking you should put reshacker in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\

And then you will be able to to do what you want directly from scite or just select compile with options by right clicking the au3 file ;)

Edited by oleg

There is a hex ( 31303030303030 ) reasons i love AutoIt !

• Developers

If im not mistaking you should put reshacker in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\

And then you will be able to to do what you want directly from scite or just select compile with options by right clicking the au3 file ;)

Correct... CompileAU3.exe can update the resource info of the output program for you.

The thing is that you cannot update the resource info after the aut2exe is finished. This will corrupt the program.

These are the steps it does for you (or you could do manually)

- copy the original AutoitSC.bin to AutoItSC.Bin.Org

- create temp.rc with the info entered in the menu.

- run rc.exe (included) to create temp.res

- run reshacker.exe to apply the changes of temp.res to AutoItSC.bin into AutoitSCt.bin

- copy AutoitSCt.bin to AutoItSC.bin

- Run aut2exe to compile your script with the correct resource info

- copy AutoItSC.Bin.Org back to AutoItSC.Bin

- clean up tempfiles

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Correct... CompileAU3.exe can update the resource info of the output program for you.

The thing is that you cannot update the resource info after the aut2exe is finished. This will corrupt the program.

These are the steps it does for you (or you could do manually)

- copy the original AutoitSC.bin to AutoItSC.Bin.Org

- create temp.rc with the info entered in the menu.

- run rc.exe (included) to create temp.res

- run reshacker.exe to apply the changes of temp.res to AutoItSC.bin into AutoitSCt.bin

- copy AutoitSCt.bin to AutoItSC.bin

- Run aut2exe to compile your script with the correct resource info

- copy AutoItSC.Bin.Org back to AutoItSC.Bin

- clean up tempfiles

maybe the way i do it is easier... its all done on the SciTE window within the tool tab

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• Developers

maybe the way i do it is easier... its all done on the SciTE window within the tool tab

8)

oh... and what are you running to do this ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

hes probly talking about CompileAU3.exe

I knew that ofcourse... just wanted him to find out that you run CompileAU3 when doing Compile or Build from the Scite Tools menu..... and experience a "Duhhh...."

Its kind of silly when i just took to time to explained in my post that CompileAU3 does that whole list of tasks to comeback with that SciTE statement when its one and the same.....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.