Uploading a file to http server

Hello all again. I have been doing research for the past 2 weeks into uploading a file and I just don't understand how to do it. I am using WinHttp and the idea is to click the upload button have the user select a file they wish to upload in a dialog menu and then upload it. I really dont understand how to do it and need some help. If anyone can help I would be very thankful 

What is the website? What code do you have? Have you looked at the well documented WinHttp documentation?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Yep I do. Just got it working in fact (I know what you're thinking this kid is full of shit.) But as it turns out I wasn't putting a time stamp in my url (which dropbox needs)

here is the code if anyone else is looking for a way to send files to dropbox (Also sorry for wasting time JohnOne) 

func upload()
Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFilename = "", $sExtension = ""
local $time=currenttime()
local $Random = Random(0,32767,1)
$File = fileopendialog("Downloads", @scriptdir,  "All (*.*)" )
local $array = _PathSplit($File,$sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExtension)
Local $i = UBound($array) - 1
local $sFile = fileopen($File)
Local $sUrl = ("https://api-content.dropbox.com/1/files_put/dropbox"&"/"&$array[$i-1]&$array[$i]&'?oauth_consumer_key='&$App_Key&"&oauth_token="&$Oauth_access_token&"&oauth_signature="&$App_secret&"%26"&$Oauth_access_token_secret&"&oauth_timestamp="&$time&"&oauth_nonce="&$RANDOM)
message($sUrl)
Local $obj = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
;message("here")
$obj.Open("PUT", $sURL, False)
If @error Then
   message("Couldnt open request")
else
   message("request opened")

$obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", " application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
$obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Length", StringLen($File))
if _FindNetwork() = "xavier" Then
   $obj.SetProxy(2, "number")
endif

$obj.Send($sFile)

$oReceived  = $obj.ResponseText
$oStatusCode = $obj.Status
If $obj.Status <> $HTTP_STATUS_OK Then
   local $FindError = FindError($oStatusCode)
   message($FindError)

else

endif
endif

endfunc

Edited by Gimerly

Why not look at trancexx's UDF called WinHttp?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

I got it working, thanks for the reply. I just posted that so that if other people where having trouble uploading to dropbox they use that code as a template for their script. And if you look at the code I am using WinHttp()

Edited by Gimerly

UDF List:

Actually there is a problem with the code I just discovered. While it does upload "a" file it doesn't actually upload the file contents. for a text file it uploads the number of words and for an image it is corrupt. Can someone help me ?

func upload()
trayseticon("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Icons\cute panda.ico", -1)
$File = fileopendialog("Pick something to upload", @desktopdir,  "All (*.*)" )
local $array = _PathSplit($File,$sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExtension) ; split the directory into drive, dir, filename and extension
local $sFile = fileopen($File,0)
Local $sUrl = ("https://api-content.dropbox.com/1/files_put/dropbox"&"/"&$array[$i-1]&$array[$i]&'?oauth_consumer_key='&$App_Key&"&oauth_token="&$Oauth_access_token&"&oauth_signature="&$App_secret&"%26"&$Oauth_access_token_secret&"&oauth_timestamp="&$time&"&oauth_nonce="&$RANDOM)
;$array[$i-1] is the file name of the file the user wants to upload and $array[$i] is the extension
;message("here")
If @error Then
   _Toast_Set(2)
   _Toast_Show(@scriptdir & "/puffypanda.exe", "Error", "Unable to upload" & " " &$array[$i-1] & $array[$i], 2, true, true)
   _Toast_Hide(10)

else
  ; message("request opened")

$obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", " application/x-www-form-urlencoded"); dropbox needs the url to be encoded for security reasons
   $obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Length", StringLen($File))
      $obj.SetProxy(2, "proxy.school:3128")

$obj.Send($sFile) ; send the file to uploaded

message($FindError)
      _Toast_Set(2)
      _Toast_Show(@scriptdir & "/puffypanda.exe", "Error", "Unable to upload" & " " &$array[$i-1] & $array[$i], 2, true, true)
      _Toast_Hide(10)
      trayseticon("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Icons\panda.ico", -1)

else
   _log("uploaded" & " " &  $array[$i-1] & $array[$i])
   _Toast_Set(2)
   _Toast_Show(@scriptdir & "/puffypanda.exe", "Success", "You successfully uploaded" & " " & $array[$i-1] & $array[$i], 2, true, true)
   _Toast_Hide(10)

endif
endif
endif
FileClose($File)

endfunc

Never mind Just figured it out. Problem was me sending the size and reading of the file. For anyone wanting to upload to a dropbox account you can use this code:

func upload()
trayseticon("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Icons\cute panda.ico", -1)
local $File = fileopendialog("Pick something to upload", @desktopdir,  "All (*.*)|Text files (*.txt)" )
;message($File)
local $array = _PathSplit($File,$sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExtension) ; get the file name and extension 
local $sFile = fileopen($File,16)
Local $data = fileread($sFile)
local $size = @extended
FileClose($File)

Local $sUrl = ("https://api-content.dropbox.com/1/files_put/dropbox"&"/"&$array[$i-1]&$array[$i]&'?oauth_consumer_key='&$App_Key&"&oauth_token="&$Oauth_access_token&"&oauth_signature_method=PLAINTEXT&oauth_signature="&$App_secret&"%26"&$Oauth_access_token_secret&"&oauth_timestamp="&$time&"&oauth_nonce="&$RANDOM)

;$array[$i-1] is the file name of the file the user wants to upload and $array[$i] is the extension

;message("here")
If @error Then
   _Toast_Set(2)
   _Toast_Show(@scriptdir & "/puffypanda.exe", "Error", "unable to upload" & " " &$array[$i-1] & $array[$i], 2, true, true)
   _Toast_Hide(10)

else
  ; message("request opened")

$obj.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0")
   ;$obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded")
   $obj.SetRequestHeader("Content-Length", $size)
      $obj.SetProxy(2, "number")
   endif

;   message($sFile)

$obj.Send($data) ; send the file to uploaded

message($oReceived)
      msgbox(0 , "Error", "unable to uploaded" & " " & $array[$i-1] & $array[$i])

else
  msgbox(0 , "success", "uploaded" & " " & $array[$i-1] & $array[$i])

endif
endif

endfunc
Edited by Gimerly

• 2 years later...

I'm replying here since I cannot find any other topics that can help demonstrate more on the Dropbox authenticator:

I tried Gimerly's  Dropbox authenticator to get the $Oauth_access_token that returns in this syntax 
"oauth_token_secret=xxxxxxxx&oauth_token=xxxxxxxx&uid=xxxxxxxx"

using it with the upload() function from the post above, doesn't seem to work for me.
maybe someone who tried this or is more experienced with this code can help shed a light.

TIA

EDIT:
this page for Node.js seems to have covered most of the needed procedures
https://www.built.io/blog/2014/08/file-uploading-in-dropbox-using-node-js/

Edited by Deye

• 5 months later...