AutoITools

... is a GitHub Organization for you all, who help the AutoIT Community with you valuable tools. Nobody's in yet, but feel free to apply in this thread !

Here's the link.

PS : If anybody has a good logo for the organization, then just post it here :-)

Edited by perfaram

Never forget to mark a question as resolved, this button has been purposely created :-P 

• Moderators

This forum has a downloads section where members can post their work. What is the benefit of having things in multiple locations, rather than directing people to the source?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Moderators

perfaram,

Having a set of modifiable "standard" UDFs seems a little strange to me. A the very least I feel you should warn people that if they use any of the modified versions of the standard UDFs from that site in their code, they stand very little chance of getting any sensible support in this forum as the chances of anyone having exactly the same version would be quite unlikely. :(

And have you considered inter-UDF compatibility when changing the code? This takes a lot of effort for the official release, done for the official UDFs by jpm and guinness. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

...and yourself Melba23.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

perfaram,

Having a set of modifiable "standard" UDFs seems a little strange to me. A the very least I feel you should warn people that if they use any of the modified versions of the standard UDFs from that site in their code, they stand very little chance of getting any sensible support in this forum as the chances of anyone having exactly the same version would be quite unlikely. :(

And have you considered inter-UDF compatibility when changing the code? This takes a lot of effort for the official release, done for the official UDFs by jpm and guinness. ;)

M23

@Melba23 - Sorry, I don't get it. What do you mean by "inter-UDF compatibility when changing the code"

EDIT : OK, got it. No, I didn't think to it at all.

But it would be really easier if, instead of everybody using his own website (or this one) to upload UDF, we all worked with a version control system. For god's sake, PLEASE do something... this organization I created is also an attempt to drag people, to push them to Git, SVN, Mercurial (through GitHub, BitBucket, Google Code, or WHATEVER). This is a big lack in here - nobody seems to know what a VCS is, and this a shame. Really  :(

This way, you could easily get any of the version of an UDF, and for your projects, use submodules, to make sure you always have the last version. Or, if you only need an older one, then reference this one instead. And when you want to install quickly some UDF that may have evolved... then git fetch or svn checkout it. This way, you're sure you get all of them, all the last versions, without crawling the whole web to finally find what you was looking for.

To answer to your question, if everybody use Git, and contribute to the repo, then it would drastically cut down the amount of work you have at each version bump to make the UDFs inter-compatible, isn'it ? 

Edited by perfaram

Never forget to mark a question as resolved, this button has been purposely created :-P 

• Moderators

perfaram,

The fact you have to ask is a sign that you have no idea of the interconnected nature of many of the UDFs. I am referring to the fact that in many cases one UDF function calls other UDF functions - often in separate include files. So amending this UDF function may well require changes to several others so that the whole package works together. ;)

Hence my suggestion of a warning about using any amended "standard" UDFs and expecting help here - no-one will ever have exactly the same collection of UDF files and so debugging problems will become more difficult by several orders of magnitude. If people want to post their own UDFs so that they can be worked on by others, fine - but I would strongly advise against amending the "standard" set other than by entering a "feature request" in Trac where it can be considered by the Dev team. Clearer now? :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

We use SVN for our official repository, but it is unlikely we ever want to support an open source type UDF setup as that we totally turn into an unmanageable "garbage bin" as often happens in examples.

My 2 cents

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

perfaram,

For god's sake, PLEASE do something... this organization I created is also an attempt to drag people, to push them to Git, SVN, Mercurial (through GitHub, BitBucket, Google Code, or WHATEVER). This is a big lack in here - nobody seems to know what a VCS is, and this a shame. Really

As Jos has pointed out, we already use SVN for the official AutoIt repository - only a few people have access and that way we can control what is released. ;)

This way, you're sure you get all of them, all the last versions, without crawling the whole web to finally find what you was looking for

As I said earlier, if people want to post their own UDFS - fine. Personally I am keeping mine here on the forum where I can control them - the latest version is always in the first post of the thread and, as can be seen from the threads themselves, I am very happy to accept suggestions and requests. But I am retaining control for the very same reasons as I set out above for the standard set. :)

While I can see the seductive call of cooperative coding for apps, I am less convinced when it comes to a language. It takes time, but once you get involved in the development process you realise how differently you need to approach things - the "interconnected-ness" I spoke of earlier is a good case in point. So please do not feel that we are dismissing your efforts out of hand - something like this pops up every so often (here is one thread and here is another) and our answers are always the same, learnt by bitter experience. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Added another link

Spoiler

Misspelling AutoIt (NB: lowercase t) everywhere is a sure way to advertise that it's very much unoffical as well :)

Oh snap dawg!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

About the lowercase t... Well, it's AutoIt Tools, so I merged the 2 words : AutoIt Tools -> AutoI tT ools -> AutoITools  :shifty:

And about everything else... well, OK...  :ermm:

I saw the combination, that's I got. But there was still AutoIT in most of the readmes.

Don't get us wrong, we would love to see a more active community working on autoit tools (would save us a bit of work!), but there are a number of ways in which this particular approach isn't practical