Query result to gui list view

Hello to all,

I am using Autoit since like a 2 years ago but i am not very much like "forum guy" thats why i haven't registered until now.

Ye so i have have this problem stuck in my head very hard. After numberous of houts trying and searching how to Display  the result of sql (in my case sqlite) query to a gui (listview) without result, i give up and came here to ask for a help.

So here is "my" (not mine, i found it somewhe here on the forum) code which shall do what i need:

Func sSQLite_GetDisplayArray2d($hDB, $sql, ByRef $rows, ByRef $nrows, ByRef $ncols, $Title = 'TITLEX')
    Local $rtn = _SQLite_GetTable2d($hDB, $sql, $result, $nrows, $ncols)
    If Not @error Then
        If $rtn = $SQLITE_OK And $ncols > 0 Then
            Local $Header = "Row"
            For $i = 0 to $ncols - 1
                $Header &= '|' & $result[2][$i]
            Next
            _ArrayDelete($result, 0)
            _ArrayDisplay($result, $Title, -1, 0, '', '', $Header)
            ;_ArrayDisplay(
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Return (SetError(@error, 0, $rtn))
EndFunc

And here is the reference:

sSQLite_GetDisplayArray2d($dbn, "Select * from TABLE where id >0", $iRows, $nRows, $iColumns)

Basically when i call the function, there is a Gui poping up but no results in it:

image.png

So yea, if you have any clue or idea or anything please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

Edited by skrbx

Are you sure that the table named "table" (an unfortunate colliding name by the way, best avoided) actually contains 3 data rows containing something else than blanks or NULLs?

You can use SQLite Expert freeware to examine the DB and check that it constains what you expect to find.

Also I regard $Header &= '|' & $result[2][$i] as doubtful: how come does the last row contain column names?

Finally are you sure you want those parameters passed to _ArrayDisplay? -1 for the display range (???), 0 for flag (that is the default), '' for header (I suspect this is not what you want) and $header for colmun width (???).

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Thank you for your answer.

1) TABLE is just for debugging it will be changed with variable which will read the DB name from config file.

2) Thank you for suggesting but i need this for a program i am currently working on.

3) About $Header &= '|' & $result[2][$i], i am not quite sure how this supposed to look like, and if i have to be honest i am not sure what exactly does...

4) And finally about _ArrayDisplay, i am sure that i have tried quite few different "settings" with no result. As i said the code was posted somewhere here i just "changed it a bit" to match with my "code".

PS: As i also need to be able to select and copy (no paste) the records and also to make the GUI scalable, so.. is this a way worth to struggle with or there is better way to accomplish this. Again thank you in advance.

OK. So give me some time to make up a short and simple example use.

In the meantime and if the DB you already have doesn't contain personal data and provided it's small enough, can you post it or provide a download link from some ad-free repository, so I can have a look at it and stop guessing about this one.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Here is a starter skeleton on which you can build:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <SQLite.au3>
#include <SQLite.dll.au3>

_SQLite_Startup()
Local $hDB = _SQLite_Open()     ; no filename given ==> temporary memory-based DB

_SQLite_Exec($hDB, "create table Sports (" & _
                        "ID integer primary key autoincrement, " & _
                        "Sport char collate nocase, " & _
                        "Team char, " & _
                        "Indoor char);" & _
                    "create unique index uixSport on Sports (Sport);")

_SQLite_Exec($hDB, "insert into Sports (sport, team, indoor) values " & _
                        "('Football', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Trampolining', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Soccer', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Table tennis', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Shot put', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Pole vault', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Rugby', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Basketball', 'Y', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Marathon', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Boxing', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Baseball', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Heptathlon', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Javelin', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Horseball', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Golf', 'N', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Skydive', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Hockey', 'Y', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Squash', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Sumo', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Badminton', 'N', 'Y'), " & _
                        "('Beach volley', 'Y', 'N'), " & _
                        "('Snowboarding', 'N', 'N');")

Local $aRows, $iRows, $iCols
_SQLite_GetTable2d($hDB, "select * from sports where team like 'n';", $aRows, $iRows, $iCols)
_ArrayDisplay($aRows)

; if you want actual DB column names as header, then do
Local $sHeader
For $i = 0 To $iCols - 1
    $sHeader &= $aRows[0][$i] & '|'
Next
$sHeader = StringTrimRight($sHeader, 1)
_ArrayDisplay($aRows, "Individual Sports", "1:", Default, Default, $sHeader)

_SQLite_Close($hDB)
_SQLite_Shutdown()

Awesome Thank you very much!!!

All i need to do is to strip the "Row" Column and to make the table bigger. i have tried to add:

_ArrayDelete($iCols, 0) but it does not work.

About the second thing i assume that i can add something like:

GUICtrlSetFont to change the font, but this one does not do the job.

_ArrayDisplay doesn't have such flexibility; This function is designed mainly as a debugging aid so it doesn't offer all the bells and whistles that a home-made listview may use. For instance there is no provision to remove the Row column (albeit I feel there should be such a switch parameter).

Either build your own GUI which you can design exactly as you want, or copy the _ArrayDisplay function from the UDF file, rename it to _MyArrayDisplay and modify it according to your needs. Perhaps that will prove the easiest path but that depends on the interaction(s) you expect to offer in your application. If the goal is only to display some queries like that, making your modified function may be enough.

EDIT: thinking again about the issue, you may also find >this post of interest, even if Greencan's code does much more than you probably need (getting more bang for no buck never hurt BTW).

Edited by jchd

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

skrbx,

In the latest v3.3.12.0 release I added a flag to remove the "Row" column from the _ArrayDisplay GUI - why not take a look. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23
Typo

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Ah, I forgot to "piggy-back" this new feature to this thread, where it all came from. My bad.