Import a certificate

Go to solution Solved by JLogan3o13,

• Moderators

What do you see in the output window when you change the /c to /k, and change from @SW_HIDE to @SW_SHOW? Is the command formatted as you would expect?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

The cli doesn't show the command that was entered.  It just shows me a lot of key specifics and "-addstore command completed successfully".  It gives me a lot more information than if I simply type the command in the run line but both ways end with "-addstore command completed successfully".  

Is it possible that I don't have the syntax for the switches for the command setup properly?

• Moderators
  • Solution

What I typically do if I am wondering whether I have lopsided quotes or a switch wrong is to do a ConsoleWrite on the command I want to output to the console:

ConsoleWrite("c:\windows\system32\certutil.exe -addstore -f TrusterPublisher c:\setup\NCInstall.cer" & @CRLF)

If you can copy that from the consolewrite window and it runs correctly in the command line, you know your syntax is not the issue.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Wow.  Thats awesome.  I didn't know about ConsoleWrite.  

The syntax that was given in the console was correct.  I was able to copy and paste into the command window and it accepted it and now the cert shows up in certmgr. Apparently the problem isn't with my line....I'll check out other things.

Thanks for the help and tip!