Looping through values in AutoIt

Idea

Ich hoffe, dass jefhal gteötet ist. ;), and

against Valik: "You should be ashamed of what you've done in this thread and be killed."

Ligenza-

First, did you mean to say: "getötet"? If so, I could have you arrested for verbally threatening my life, at least in my country. Valik most likely could have you arrested as well.

Second, did you mean to say "jefhal" should be getötet, or did you mean "idea" should be getötet? Either way, you really ought to use another phrase, even if it was not directed at me. You could try: "forbidden", "ostracized", "ignored", banned", etc., any of which are not threats on one's life, and therefore, not actionable in a court of law.

Finally, why do I need to explain this in a software programming forum?

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

Ligenza-

First, did you mean to say: "getötet"? If so, I could have you arrested for verbally threatening my life, at least in my country. Valik most likely could have you arrested as well.

Second, did you mean to say "jefhal" should be getötet, or did you mean "idea" should be getötet? Either way, you really ought to use another phrase, even if it was not directed at me. You could try: "forbidden", "ostracized", "ignored", banned", etc., any of which are not threats on one's life, and therefore, not actionable in a court of law.

Finally, why do I need to explain this in a software programming forum?

I thought the were the same thing, verboten seemed weird. As I said my english isn't great. I ment banned as in not allowed to post and yes idea instead of jefhal I mixed up the names.

I don't see how you could misunderstand the way you did however feel free to provide me with your contact information so we can talk through our lawyers if you still have an issue.

Off the top of my head, the only reason I can think of for you to bring up arresting someone is that you're mentally retarded. A relativly new user to the forum has a disagreement with certain members of the forum community, who have never met in real life, and the only thing they know about eachother is their online handle. Then one of the members who was unhappy with the disagreement seeks revenge yet is unable to come up with something to post so of course a legal threat is made! Lets play I'm going to throw you in jail because you're obviously attempting to kill me by hurting my large ego on an online forum. Maybe you have something against germans and that's why you've singled me out, I don't know. Please post all of your contact information though this way your claim will have some validity. I assume you live in the USA and as far as I know slander is quite punishable. Oh look I can play that game as well.

Just to be perfectly clear I do not intend to kill you however do not push your luck, sir.

Edited by ligenza

You've just engaged in exactly that which you accuse me of by using words like "pathetic" so I think your point is kind of lost. It's a shame you used that so early or your post might of had some validity. The rest of your post is rather boring and I see that you've gotten some ill-conceived notion of the evil of JdeB as well, though why I have no idea.

I'd also like to address the point of "because I'm a developer I have to act a certain way". Where is it written that just because I happened to contribute code to AutoIt I must suddenly act like something I'm not? Because I know a little C++ and shared it I must suddenly start acting like some perceived-decent member of society? Newsflash: That wasn't part of the terms of having code accepted into AutoIt. I am who I am and you can like it or not, it doesn't really matter to me. It's obvious that I do have disdain for most of the people here although it's not limited to here but in general. There are some that I like and they generally know who they are and there are some that I accept and they could probably figure out who they are if they put their mind to it. If you're making some assumption that because I have a title next to my name that I'm supposed to act a certain way, you're a fool for not realizing that "Developers" aren't any different than anybody else. I'm no less alive (But perhaps more dead) than anybody else on this forum.

The last thing I wish to say is this. Disdain towards me is warranted. Nobody will argue that (or can). I've earned virtually any comment you can throw my way and will be amused by some of the better ones. There's a plethora of posts to prove all of this. However, I can and will "attack" somebody who speaks ill of my friends, especially when they have proved contrary to what is being said about them. In general, I treat people poorly until they prove themself in some way and then I usually leave them alone. However, when I initially make my comments I generally have no prior knowledge of how that person actually is (They might be a genius on a bad day, for example). However, with JdeB, it's been proved time and time again that he's an intelligent and helpful fellow so these comments that have been made against him are baseless.

In other words, I've earned what I get, I have a history of this sort of thing. JdeB, on the other hand, has a history of being helpful and does not deserve what he is getting. As for the innocent people you don't feel deserve what I deal out to them, my approach to things is generally (and obviously) different than convention. People have to earn the right to be treated decent by me which means by default, people are treated less than decent. Most people really aren't decent and can sometimes pretend to be decent for brief periods of time if they need to. It's usually possible to shatter the "decency" facade, though and I'm usual approach is to take a very large verbal hammer to people's head and see what shakes out.

Thank you for sharing your reply with me. In comparison I've only been on the forum for a short while so I'm largley ignorant of mores here. While I may not agree with what went on in this post (on all sides) I do respect JdeB's contributions to AutoIt and yours as well. I have not seen Idea contribute anything. After reading your reply I'm now able to understand your position and fully respect it. At this point I'm just going to agree to disagree. We have different opinions for different reasons and that's fine with me. I hope you've enjoyed this thread as much as I have, it has been very educational. Have a great day today. ;) Edited by ligenza

My only question is if you dont like autoit and its devs so much then why dont you go find some other language to mangle?

I just want to thank you for bumping this fantastic thread up from page three. Take some advice and just put Idea on ignore like everyone else. Trolls thrive on attention.