.ini problem

duhu

K, im building a small aplication for changing bootscreens, and im stuck into a problem with the boot.ini file.

heres the problem: I need to add one more line to the [operating systems] section but i cant because if i use iniwrite that chenges the current key/value under the [operating systems] section.Heres an example

boot.ini

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Default bla bla bla" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /kernel=booton.exe

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Test the new bootscr" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /kernel=booton.exe --------------------this line (starting from "multi(0) bla bla) i want to ADD it under the first line, but i cant beacause if i use iniwrite it changes the first line into the second, NOT add it .

i hope u guys understand, so plss hllp

and sorry for my bad eng

• Developers

Kind of "different" solution but this could do it when ran once:

$curval = Iniread("boot.ini","operating systems","multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS","")
$curval = $curval & @CRLF & 'multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Test the new bootscr" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /kernel=booton.exe'
IniWrite("boot.ini","operating systems","multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS",$curval)
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)