Click column header of listview in another window

this-is-me

I am trying to use autoit to cause a listview in another window to sort. I have searched this forum and the web for any method (including sendmessage) to allow me to click a specific column on another window's syslistview. I see no method of doing this, especially when the listview automatically resizes the column headers according to the content of the listview. Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this or some workaround instead of an actual click on the column header?

Who else would I be?

Sorry to say that will not help me then. The program I am using is xplorer2, and it's listview in my current situation has on average around 5000 files in the view at any one time. In my situation, I _must_ allow the program to do the sorting, but I am looking for a way to simulate a click on the listview header. Is there any way you know of to retrieve the width of a remote listview header?

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• 1 year later...

Now I got same situation.. any got a update to this problem ?? (Though im not using iexplorer)

Use the ListView and Header functions from Auto3Lib. They are designed to work with external programs and do not have the side effects that the AutoIt controls have in this area.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

• 1 year later...

Use the ListView and Header functions from Auto3Lib. They are designed to work with external programs and do not have the side effects that the AutoIt controls have in this area.

Since Auto3Lib is now part of the base. I couldn't find a replacement for header_click which I was using in the past. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Edited by pootie tang