New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with updated SciTE v3.4.1

Jos

• Developers

Hi Jos. I think you included an older version of AutoItIndentFix.lua in the installer than you had in the beta directory most recently. Common.lua seems up to date however.

bugger.. sorry about that.

Just manage to get the proper latest version back and made that available in the Beta directory.

I will soon update the current installer as it does contain a couple of issue I like to have fixed in it asap.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I need more info how to replicate what you are seeing as this is not clear to me at this moment.

Jos

Further testing shows this is not related to toggling Au3Stripper, but occurs when any change is made to the "AutoIt3Wrapper Compile" Dialog which results in changes being made to directives in the header region.

To replicate...

Create minimal script with headers shown. Use the "Tools->Compile" menu. Enable UPX, as an example, and then use the "Save Only" button. The UPX directive is added, as expected, but the internal variables are replaced with their values.

Before Change:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=test2.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=start test.bat %in% %out% %fileversion%
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

After making the change (note the new UPX directive):

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=test2.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0.0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_After=start test.bat D:\tmp\test.au3 test2.exe 1.0.0.0
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

This done using the latest SciTE public release with the files from the beta directory, AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.2 SciTE v.3.4.1.0

Thanks

Edited by Loz
.... GOTOs? We don't need no stinkin' GOTOs! ....

My Au3Stripper problem still occurs with the latest version provided in SciTE (1.2.1.0). The output appears identical. I do not see an Au3Stripper in the beta area so I assume I am running the latest version. Anything I can provide that would help you begin?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name: Au3Stripper.exe
  Application Version:  1.2.1.0
  Application Timestamp:    536f722f
  Fault Module Name:    Au3Stripper.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.2.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   536f722f
  Exception Code:   c00000fd
  Exception Offset: 0000f827
  OS Version:   6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1: 3e3b
  Additional Information 2: 3e3b9c180eebfd1774c3074a4ab9971c
  Additional Information 3: 1d10
  Additional Information 4: 1d1052b6793853aeb3b0d9c4f8be61c9

• Developers

Further testing shows this is not related to toggling Au3Stripper, but occurs when any change is made to the "AutoIt3Wrapper Compile" Dialog which results in changes being made to directives in the header region.

To replicate...

Create minimal script with headers shown. Use the "Tools->Compile" menu. Enable UPX, as an example, and then use the "Save Only" button. The UPX directive is added, as expected, but the internal variables are replaced with their values.

I understand what is happening now and need to go back to the drawingboard for the conversion of the Environment variables.

Will make an update available as soon as its fixed.

Thanks

Jos

EDIT: There is a temporary version available in Beta, where the changes are reverted to fix this regression until it is properly fixed.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

My Au3Stripper problem still occurs with the latest version provided in SciTE (1.2.1.0). The output appears identical. I do not see an Au3Stripper in the beta area so I assume I am running the latest version. Anything I can provide that would help you begin?

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name: Au3Stripper.exe
  Application Version:  1.2.1.0
  Application Timestamp:    536f722f
  Fault Module Name:    Au3Stripper.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.2.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   536f722f
  Exception Code:   c00000fd
  Exception Offset: 0000f827
  OS Version:   6.3.9600.2.0.0.272.7
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1: 3e3b
  Additional Information 2: 3e3b9c180eebfd1774c3074a4ab9971c
  Additional Information 3: 1d10
  Additional Information 4: 1d1052b6793853aeb3b0d9c4f8be61c9

I will need the source files to be able to replicate and investigate this hardcrash.

You can also PM me the files.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Re-uploaded the Installer and zip files to fix several reported regressions. >See first post

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Thanks Jos.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Moderators

He just beat me to it! :D

Dank je wel, Jos. :thumbsup:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi, Thanks for the new release, I'm curious why not been updated to version 3.4.3 ??, I ask to know if there are any problems to use file SciTE.exe v3.4.3 & SciLexer.dll v3.4.3, always i have updated them manually until comes out the new release of SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

Ciao.

Edited by DXRW4E

apps-odrive.pngdrive_app_badge.png box-logo.png new_logo.png MEGA_Logo.png

• Developers

Hi, Thanks for the new release, I'm curious why not been updated to version 3.4.3 ??, I ask to know if there are any problems to use file SciTE.exe v3.4.3 & SciLexer.dll v3.4.3, always i have updated them manually until comes out the new release of SciTE4AutoIt3.exe

Version 3.4.3 only came out on May 28, so given the fact that I need to merge that with our version of sciTE first, I would say you are sounding a little impatient here. :)

We have several modifications in the version we distribute including a Lite version distributed by the AutoIt3 installer. This Lite version has all the Lexers stripped which are not needed to make it as small as possible.

I currently have the code merged in my repository, but want to do more testing than normal as there was a substantial change to the section for "highlight.current.word" in which I added a bunch of extra options in the past which are not supported in the Standard version.

Long story short: It will be distributed when it is ready and it will first be made available in Beta so you all can do some testing before it is included in the Installer.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would say you are sounding a little impatient here. :)

Hi Jos, is all Ok, time is not important, as i said above I always have them updated manually, I asked why because i remember that even after the release v3.4.2 you've updated again SciTE4AutoIt3.exe etc etc, so i asked if there are any compatibility problems (looking also the delay of the update of SciTE4AutoIt3.exe, since you have them always updated those files immediately in http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/ ), because I'm using SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1 + SciTE.exe v3.4.3 & SciLexer.dll v3.4.3, and i just wanted to know if everything was OK, or clean them all, and use only the last SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1, until came out the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.3

Ciao.

Edited by DXRW4E

• Developers

Hi Jos, is all Ok, time is not important, as i said above I always have them updated manually, I asked why because i remember that even after the release v3.4.2 you've updated again SciTE4AutoIt3.exe etc etc, so i asked if there are any compatibility problems (since you have them always updated immediately in http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/ ), because I'm using SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1 + SciTE.exe v3.4.3 & SciLexer.dll v3.4.3, and i just wanted to know if everything was OK, or clean them all, and use only the last SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1, until came out the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.3

The only issue you have is that the au3 lexer is a pretty old one that is missing all kind of functionality since I haven't submitted updates to Neil since July 2007.

You will also be missing all mod's I have made which is nothing major but several handy changes you are missing.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

...I'm using SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1 + SciTE.exe v3.4.3 & SciLexer.dll v3.4.3, and i just wanted to know if everything was OK...

I use the those files as I prefer their operation. Old lexer code or not, I can move blocks of code around easier then what can be done with the lexer in Scite4AutoIt3. I can use save as on property files without an au3 extension being appended. It is a choice of what functionality you prefer. When it comes to support, then you could be on your own with altering the standard files of Scite4AutoIt3. I doubt that you will have any noticeable problems.

Edited by MHz

then you could be on your own with altering the standard files of Scite4AutoIt3

I know well that

I've done many times that, to tell the truth Jos has always updated immediately so I always used the file from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/ To be exact now I'm just using the SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.1 + SciTE.exe v3.4.3 and i have no problems, I asked for this since it was the doubt that maybe this time better to wait SciTE4AutoIt3.exe v3.4.3

Ciao.

Edited by DXRW4E

• Developers

I use the those files as I prefer their operation. Old lexer code or not, I can move blocks of code around easier then what can be done with the lexer in Scite4AutoIt3. I can use save as on property files without an au3 extension being appended. It is a choice of what functionality you prefer. When it comes to support, then you could be on your own with altering the standard files of Scite4AutoIt3. I doubt that you will have any noticeable problems.

Sounds to me like you only need to change a few items in properties files that have a different default in the SciTE4AutoIt3 than in Neil's distribution.

The SciLexer.dll is the same as the official except for au3 which is more up to date.

I am always open to suggestions in case we should be changing some of the defaults in SciTEGlobal.properties, as I normally never look at those.

By the way: The Save-As of a file that already has an extension doesn't  add ".au3" already for quite a while.

It is actually one of the mod's that the original SciTE is lacking that, in case the filename field contains a filename with extension and the "save-as type" is set to some filter, the original sciTE will add that selected filter. 

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

SciTE v 3.4.3 Beta version is now available in the Beta-Directory.

Please test the highlight.current.word* functionality to ensure all modification made in our version still work correctly.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.