Use Functions from A DLL File That is NOT Registered and Cannot Be Registered

Hello,

My work recently moved to Windows 7 and at the same time stripped all rights from developers (while simultaneously sacking a third of the workforce so asking them to change anything now is impossible - everyone is just hanging on for dear life, trying to cope with the increased workload).

I have a small tool I wrote in autoit on windows xp which registers a dll, runs a function out of it, then unregisters the dll.  Not rocket science and worked like a charm to massively speed up registrations requests.  Since windows 7 now I have a huge increase in workload and the tool I wrote to make things more efficient is now unable to register the dll so I have that workload increased as well (doing it manually).

Management are completely useless and IT staff are terrified for their jobs so they won't stick their neck out in anyway to help.

OK, thats the background to my idylic paradise job..lol.

My Question:   Can I use functions from an unregistered DLL file in an autoit program when I do not have administrator rights on the machine? (and never will our pimply nosed little graduate security snot assures me).

If I can do it, could someone please show a simple example of how?   I have the whole program written and tested on xp with admin rights, just need to know how to bypass registering the dll.

NB: also i don't have access to the source of the dll (despite being written internally) because the guy died lol

• Moderators

gruntydatsun,

junkew has got it in one. This is not something we would want to support - but if you were to explain what you wish to achieve, we might be able to help in another way. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area