Inserting a graphic or text banner in SciTE whilst editing script?

I haven't been able to improve on:

#cs ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author:         myName

#ce ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to insert something eye catching, perhaps a image or banner at various points in a large script that will be

shown by SciTE when editing or viewing a script but will be treated like a comment by AutoIT compile.

There does seem to be some SciTE functionality (commands like ScI_RGBIMAGE.... etc) but I haven't found any

examples that work in SciTE4AutoIT3.

Any ideas/advice on this please?

How to insert into the editor.

When looking (scrolling) through a large script (without folding) it would be really good to have sections stand out with some kind of banner label

or graphic.

eg. instead of:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;; MY LABEL ;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

even this would be better:

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;; MY LABEL ;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

an more eye catching if it could be highlighted.

Great if I can insert a bit of flowchart too.

Hopefully possible to do in SciTe4AutoIT3.

Thanks.

If you are looking for ways to organise large code bases, then: use multiple files, use #region, use 3 blank lines between functions... There are lots of things you can do to improve readability.

In terms of big comments, function headers can be added easily (Ctrl+Alt+H). You can also change the colour used by SciTE for highlighting comments, you can make the font bold, and change the foreground and background colours. You can also set different settings for comment blocks and normal line comments if you don't want all the comments like that.

An abbreviation could be used to insert a predefined banner. That is perhaps the easiest.

As Mat mentions, #Region is my preferred way to group code. Each to their own I guess though you could use both.

Mat, Ctrl+Alt+H ? Does nothing on my Scite editor. It is not the standard Scite4AutoIt3.

Is it even possible to insert an image in scite editor?

Not to my knowledge.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

JohnOne, If it is ASCII art then probably yes within the limits of the font used. Here is a image to text >here that may work and and you can find others with a forum search. If you want an actual image to be added to a plain text file, not AFAIK and very much doubt it could. Office documents that support images are binary files or multiple files (text files, image files etc) in a zip file.

Lots to try ... thanks!

I have seen images being inserted into SciTe margins but not yet into script.

Seems to make use of these commands somehow:

SCI_RGBAIMAGESETWIDTH(int width)
SCI_RGBAIMAGESETHEIGHT(int height)
SCI_RGBAIMAGESETSCALE(int scalePercent)

eg.

'>