GetIPInfo - Get fast IP informations

AutID

I know this is not something big or extraordinary but i created this for one of my latest projects and thought about sharing it here.
It is a usual connect to a site that reflects our ip informations but it could useful since it is a lot different from the stantard _GetIP() function.

It is though quite fast as i did some testing. However it could also depend on internet speed. But for sure it is a lot faster than _GetIP() function and it returns a lot more informations other that IP address.

_GetIPInfo() returns a 2D array with 11 rows and 2 colums with different informations such as:
 Visitor from:
 Your IP Number:
 Your Host name:
 Your City:
 Your Region:
 Your Capital:
 Your Country Name:
 Your Country Code:
 Your Language:
 Your Currency:
 IP Organization:

The minus of this is that it has to be up-to-date which means if there are some changes to the site it must be updated as soon as possible since there is only one server.

Anyway enough said, here you go.

P.S. for a very reliable way to get IP address check trancexx' solution: '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

GetIPInfo.au3

Edited by AutID

It's how I started out with regular expressions as well. (see _GetIP() in signature.)

Check out _GetIP() in the latest version as I added some comments about other IP retrieval sites which might be better than the one you used. Not all of them just provide the public IP (though I like >trancexx's method.)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I know trancexx' method. I think that stun protocol is one of the most reliable ways to get the IP. I had seen some examples in the past in c++ using the stun protocol to retrieve the ip but i never wanted to get in there.
However what trancexx' method provide has nothing to do with this little script here. I created it for personal reason to retrieve connection's informations other than the IP. I wouldnt post this one if it was only to retrieve the ip because it would be pointless. There are thousands of examples like _GetIP() out there.

However i think this small script here is better than the standar getip function. I don't even compare them in speed. This one is even faster than the one trancexx provides as mater of speed. GetIPInfo would be more of a kind to be added in a udf(with some more sites that provide such infos as this one) than getip function in my opinion. What do you think.

P.S i will provide a link on trancexx post because it is really a great way to get ip address.

There are a list of sites I added which can retrieve exactly the same info but in json or xml. Not only is it easier to parse, but these sites have a policy of allowing automation, which I don't believe yours does given the output is a crude html/js output. I wasn't comparing your version to trancexx's, I was just mentioning _GetIP's comment section and quickly mention the stun protocol before someone else came along and said about it.

You can make a feature request for this to be added to the UDFs, but I have my doubts that it will be added. Do you want the reasons now?

Edit: Topic is here '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> of where the IP sites were recommended.

Edit: As for the comment about speed, your function on first run took 6 seconds to complete, but then only 26ms on the second due to caching. So you really shouldn't be comparing speed with here.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Do a tracert test and check if you have a connection loss. As i am assuming it could take again 6 secs to your connection.
It took 14 ms the first time for me and it take more or less the same everytime i test it.

It was good mentioning stun protocol here and thats why i added a link to trancexx' thread.

As for the UDF request, darlin please ;)
I wouldn't give less about that.

Edit: Just deleted temprorary internet files and website files and tested again:

Run in 24.21197553156ms

Usually it takes 14ms so caching help this but it couldn't change it from 6 sec to 24ms i think.

Edited by AutID

Alright. Thanks.

UDF List: