Use Functions from A DLL File That is NOT Registered and Cannot Be Registered Part II

Hello,

The last post in my previous thread says to explain the situation further, but it's locked so here is further explanation.

The DLL is owned and written by our own staff.

The man who wrote it is dead.

The source code is gone.

It generates registration numbers for an in house app I support and is only used 2 or 3 times a day for about 10 seconds.

If I wanted to steal info from it, I would take a copy home and do it on a non-crippled computer.   My use case is genuine and my employer is gridlocked and refuses to do anything about it.

Can someone help?

I have a completed working program wrapped around the DLL and need help to call it when unregistered.

Something wrong with DllCall?

I've never had a problem calling unregistered dll.

The problem might lie elsewhere however, the dll code might require admin rights, the dll file might be in a location you do not have rights to execute code or both.

If it involves the prior, then you're knackered, if it only involves the latter, copy the dll to a location for which you do have rights.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

• Moderators

gruntydatsun,

In future if you feel I have unfairly locked one of your threads, please send me a PM to explain why the thread should be reopened. I have no problem reopening threads when I can be convinced that they are legitimate, but I do not appreciate people reposting essentially the same question and complaining about the first lock. ;)

My use case is genuine

I have sympathy with your predicament, but.....

my employer is gridlocked and refuses to do anything about it

that is not our problem. If your inability to use this DLL severely impacts on your employer's work practices then you should be able to make a case to the IT department to permit its permanent registration. Trying to do what you are asking help to achieve is essentially seeking to bypass the IT security measures set in place by your employer - in some places that could be grounds for dismissal. :(

JohnOnes's suggestions seem eminently sensible. I suggest exploring these options with the "pimply nosed little graduate security snot - if he remains as unhelpful as you say he has been then take up the matter through your internal line manager - his job will be on the line too. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area