Crash when set CURL proxy

Define "crash", right now we have no idea what is happening when you attempt to run that line.

Also, are you using the correct version of the DLL with the script you're running, i.e. x64 script x64 dll?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hey,

it's a appcrash. A dialog is coming up, saying "AutoitScript does not work anymore".. The standart windows 7+8 error dialog.

Yes i am using the correct version. Every setopt works fine, only the proxy one doe snot, and will lead to a crash.

Have you tried doing an internet search to find help/clues - or just keep waiting for someone to hand you an answer????

Other than seeing yet more 'bump' posts from you, I took all of 3 minutes and saw several things that might be causing you difficulty - though since you don't post what version of Windows, IE or anything else you are running, it makes it just a wild guess where it might be as far as a Windows problem (of which several are listed - just do a search for the error message - loads of stuff on that........)  (it is an access issue, though common trouble in certain Vista versions - oh, sooooo much one can learn from just a quick look.....)

Another search you might do is based on the type of command you are trying to do - maybe even reading the documentation on it and perhaps getting an idea of a different command or way it might work differently.  http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_easy_setopt.html  As I showed in the other thread (which you also posted this same issue in.... :() and as it typical in UDFs, not 100% of the commands are supported, so sometimes you have to go about things in another way.  In this case, I might suggest (from the documentation.....) that you try  CURLOPT_PROXYPORT and not use the port in the original call. 

Now, if what you were looking for is a "hand me an answer", then, that won't be coming right away........  

With the little info you provided other than "help me, help me".... - and a non-truthful IP address - which then can't be tested by anyone - if you really need to 'hide' that badly, then use a public address that is real and show the code that doesn't work to that one...... - the data you gave shows no initiative, only 'expectation of someone doing it for you'...... - doesn't set too well...... (getting too worked up to even make decent sentence structure....) - I really doubt anyone can give you much of a definitive answer.

Hey,

first of all you should have read my post more clearly. I said that i tried several things, i tried compiling it with own setting, asked 2 friends of mine (both AutoIt and C++ experienced) search for hours and tried many other things. I would not ask here if i would not have tried what i can.

I use Windows 8, but the problem is not OS related, it does also not work on Windows XP. CURLOPT_PROXYPORT does not change anything. It sill crashes when i set CURLOPT_PROXY (without an port).

Also what do you expect? Why should i post a working proxy? There is no need at all for it, it crashes, no matter if it's a vlid proxy or not.

So please read my post a bit more careful nextime, before coming up with such nonsense.

Thanks