@ScriptDir

Go to solution Solved by Jfish,

How can I define a specific directory in @scriptdir.

I'm trying to recompile an .au3 that was written by somebody else.

Now I need to edit the @scriptdir at every reference which is kind of annoying.

Appreciate it someone could assist in this!

Let me explain the scenario a bit.

This is what I've at the moment--

$GUIFont = IniRead("C:UsersXXXXXXDesktopCode1" & 'DialogControl.ini', 'GUIControl', 'GUIFont', 'Tahoma')

How I want it to look like--

$GUIFont = IniRead(@ScriptDir & 'DialogControl.ini', 'GUIControl', 'GUIFont', 'Tahoma')

So I'd like to how is this @ScriptDir is declared..

thanks in advance..

It's a macro, it can't be changed as your script location is static until moved. Look at @WorkingDir and FileChangeDir() instead.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks Guinness.

How can I get it to work as a dynamic one then?

To give you a background I'm using this .au3 compiled executable for OS Deployment purpose & when the executable runs it doesn't read from the subsections given in the dialog.ini file.

If you could share some URL's that I can go through to make it, that'll be high appreciated.

Yes I got that from the Helpfile. however I'd like to know how to incorporate this macro in the .au3.

Do I need to declare the @Scriptdir location somewhere before I use it in my code or it'll automatically use the executable location on the fly.

If it takes on the fly, then probably it's not working as expected in my case.

Snip from my code--

; Get WMI section Font and Colors from INI
$WMIFontColor = IniRead(@ScriptDir & 'DialogControl.ini', 'GUIControl', 'WMIFontColor', '0x646464')
$GUIFont = IniRead(@ScriptDir & 'DialogControl.ini', 'GUIControl', 'GUIFont', 'Tahoma')

this is from the dialogcontrol.ini

[GUIControl]
WMIFontColor=0xFFFFFF
GUIFont=Tahoma

When I run the program, it doesn't show these fonts & colors.

The approach works fine for me.  Make sure you are reading in the ini values by adding ConsoleWrite($WMIFontColor) and ConsoleWrite($GUIFont) after the iniread call.  Then make sure you are actually using those variables after they are read like this:

GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 17, 400, 0, $GUIFont)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $WMIFontColor)
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

; Get WMI section Font and Colors from INI
$WMIFontColor = IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\colors.ini', 'GUIControl', 'WMIFontColor', '0x646464')
ConsoleWrite($WMIFontColor)
$GUIFont = IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\colors.ini', 'GUIControl', 'GUIFont', 'Tahoma')
ConsoleWrite($GUIFont)

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is some text", 96, 152, 184, 33)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("This is some text", 96, 152, 184, 33)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 17, 400, 0, $GUIFont)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $WMIFontColor)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd
Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

You put it in the same folder with the executable, and probably dont care what that folder is, so how about not using scriptdir at all , just:

iniread( "colors.ini." , ...)

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)