send f14

Hi All,

Just trying to automate a program at work and im trying to get autoit to send the F14 key however send("{F14}") doesn't work, the {F14} doesn't even come up grey like the other function keys do in the script. Also since there is no f14 key the program i am using uses NUMPAD * as the f14 key however not sure how come i cant send {F14} or {NUMPAD *}... surely just missing something, any idea's?

I've found some posts on the forum from 2009 that state autoit doesnt accommodate as f14 is not part of the standard keyboard, so is there a way to make it press the numpad * button else how do i work around it?

Thanks guys!!!

Edited by 13lack13lade

• Moderators

13lack13lade,

Try using {NUMPADMULT} - that is the key you press manually. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

use below but then with the right value for VK_F14 value

To send the ASCII value A (same as pressing ALT+065 on the numeric keypad)

Send("{ASC 065}")

(When using 2 digit ASCII codes you must use a leading 0, otherwise an obsolete 437 code page is used).

To send UNICODE characters enter the character code (decimal or hex), for example this sends a Chinese character

Send("{ASC 2709}") or Send("{ASC 0xA95}")

VK_F14 0x7D F14 key

VK_F15 0x7E F15 key

VK_F16 0x7F F16 key

VK_F17 0x80 F17 key

VK_F18 0x81 F18 key

VK_F19 0x82 F19 key

VK_F20 0x83 F20 key

VK_F21 0x84 F21 key

VK_F22 0x85 F22 key

VK_F23 0x86 F23 key

VK_F24 0x87 F24 key

Edited by junkew

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_ESC")
HotKeySet("{F2}", "_F2")
HotKeySet("+{F2}", "_F14") ; shift F2
Func _F2()
    MsgBox(262144, Default, "F2", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_F2
Func _F14()
    MsgBox(262144, Default, "F14", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>_F14
Func _ESC()
    Exit
EndFunc   ;==>_ESC
While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

App: Au3toCmd              UDF: _SingleScript()                             

• 4 years later...

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

What have you tried so far? The help file describes what to use for the Left Windows key and Junkew described what to use for the F20 key.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

1 hour ago, water said:

Welcome to AutoIt and the forum!

What have you tried so far? The help file describes what to use for the Left Windows key and Junkew described what to use for the F20 key.

Thank you very much!
I'm new to writing scripts with AutoIt but i was able to make my script work if i use a simple button like "q" to run the script. Now i want to change this button to the more complicated "Left Windows+F20" but everything i tried it gives my syntax error.

I tried things like:
$hotkey = Send({LWIN}{VK_F20 0x83})
$hotkey = Send("{LWIN}{VK_F20 0x83}")
$hotkey = "{LWIN} Send("{VK_F20 0x83}")
$hotkey = "{LWIN}, Send("{VK_F20 0x83}")"

But always get a syntax error. I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong but i have no idea what is.
If you have any idea to try something, it would much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

So does this look close to how it is described in the helpfile and its examples?

Jos

That is what i understand. Sorry i'm just a beginner, reading tutorials and trying to make scripts by myself and somehow i made it work for a simple button but not for this one. I'm not a programmer/developer, just a simple user trying to find out what i'm doing wrong and learn from my mistakes.

• Developers
1 minute ago, sakis_s said:

That is what i understand.

No idea what that means. Look again and does any of those options you provide look even close to what is described there... as it really doesn't !

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

15 minutes ago, Jos said:

No idea what that means. Look again and does any of those options you provide look even close to what is described there... as it really doesn't !

Jos

I looked again. I am not able to find something that describes my syntax error. if i look for $hotkey, i only get results for HotKeySet. But for my script HotKeySet is HotKeySet($hotkey, "function"). I need to fix my $hotkey and map it correctly. Do you have any specific suggestion what to look for in help file?

• Developers

None of the 4 lines you posted conforms to that syntax......right?, so try again and post how you think it should be. 

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

2 minutes ago, Jos said:

None of the 4 lines you posted conforms to that syntax......right?, so try again and post how you think it should be. 

Jos

Look Jos, i thought this was a HELP forum. If you are a developer and you mocking noobs because they don't know how to syntax correctly, then you'll probably should rename this forum to look somewhere else for help.

• Developers
11 minutes ago, sakis_s said:

i thought this was a HELP forum. If you are a developer and you mocking noobs

I am not mocking you, merely try to help you sort out basic issues yourself...  That is called learning, so when you aren't interested in that and presive that as mocking then it is your problem. Mocking would be when I would have called you an idiot for not properly reading the helfile which, for clarity, haven't done.

Goodluck with scripting
Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.