send f14

1 minute ago, Jos said:

I am not mocking you, merely try to help you sort out basic issues yourself...  That is called learning, so when you aren't interested in that and presive that as mocking then it is your problem. Mocking would be when I would have called you an idiot for not properly reading the helfile which, for clarity, haven't done.

Goodluck with scripting
Jos

So you call it "Basic knowledge" to find out how to set for a hotkey a combination of two keys including a virtual one (F20)? 

I was possible by reading your help file to crate this script:

$hotkey = "{`}" 
HotKeySet($hotkey, "copypaste")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func copypaste()
   $clipboard = ClipGet() 

Send("^a") 

EndFunc

I did it! And now i need help for this -complex for me- mapping. It would take for you what? 3 seconds to write the right syntax and for me to learn it forever. But you're not willing to point me the right syntax. You only say to find it by myself somehow. Well i tried and i can't. And i read the help file and that's why i signed up to your forum, for help. I don't know what am i doing wrong. So what's wrong with you and you don't want to tell me what is the correct syntax? If you tell me, i'll understand and learn. That's how it works to become better.

• Developers

Guess the approach worked and you won't forget next time. ;)  
The rest of your story are your emotions. 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok i will give you benefit of the doubt

Read this

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/HotKeySet.htm

Then you should be able to create hotkey alt+f1 calling func altf1

HotKeySet("!{F1}", "altf1")

Find send help yourself

Then i have doubt you can set hotkey alt f20 as hotkeyset does not support {ASC 0x89} but seems to support OEM numeric descriptions.

Send with ASC should work for alt+f20

@Jos based on help i would say its difficult to find out alt key for f11 thru f24 for hotkeyset but also on any unicodecharacter. Where is limits on hotkeyset keys you can use before switching to global keyboardhook?